Rino8

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Klopp looks really tired in that video too. 

For me - noticeably thinner too. Not that he’s ever been overweight, but taking on a gaunt look. 

Just now, DJBOB said:

For me - noticeably thinner too. Not that he’s ever been overweight, but taking on a gaunt look. 

I noticed that too. It makes me sad to see. I won’t speculate on his health, but I worry it’s a big factor here. 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Tuchels days are numbered 

Could be a swop. Tuchel starts mouthing off about Bayern not backing him in transfer market to engineer exit (or he just gets sacked for not winning the Bundesliga) and he'd be high up in the Liverpool shortlist you'd assume.

The reply was to my initial message which was basically about Sounness's blinkered view that he hasn't had any money to spend.

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s all relative though isn’t it.

Klopp has them punching above their weight which is why this thread is so overjoyed that he’s leaving. 

8 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Stress can do that. He's been there 9 years. I know from job's I've had that you can stay at a place too long and as much as you try, you run out of energy, especially the mental energy to motivate yourself each day. It manifests itself physically. Twice I've been signed off with stress and anxiety and lost alot of weight due to it. So I think that's probably the issue.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Gerrard's final away game was a 6-1 defeat to Stoke!

So even better. Not just that we ruined his final chance for a trophy but he then went and got tonked against Stoke. We'll take that!

• Haha 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

So even better. Not just that we ruined his final chance for a trophy but he then went and got tonked against Stoke. We'll take that!

Yeah it won't really matter. All the fawning over Klopp will happen at his final Anfield game, not sure which unlucky prem team will have to suffer that for a couple of hours (it would've been us if he'd announce this last season).

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I noticed that too. It makes me sad to see. I won’t speculate on his health, but I worry it’s a big factor here. 

Nah, it’s all those workouts he does on his Peloton bike.

23 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s all relative though isn’t it.

Klopp has them punching above their weight which is why this thread is so overjoyed that he’s leaving. 

Klopp is undoubtedly a great manager (horrible person though).

Interesting decisions ahead for Liverpool you'd think. Alonso is the obvious name, though I'm not sure how much his and Klopp's styles overlap.

I'd expect there'd be a bit of player turnover/rebuild time for the next couple of seasons, it seems strange to say tear it up and start again, but that's often the best way when somebody steps down after so long. 

How much extra is Klopp getting out of these players? He signed pretty much everyone there at this point and has close ties to all of them, Will a new manager be able to get the same out of them? Likely not, and that's why it's not just a case of carry-on playing the same way and everything will be fine.

Alonso has done very well at Leverkusen but it's a big jump to one of the European heavyweights and the expectations that come with it, I'm sure in an ideal world Alonso would like a few more seasons in management before jumping into the big seat.

It's a tough gig for whoever takes over, much like Emery taking over from Wenger.

Klopp is an outstanding manager, and although he's said and done some daft things at times, he has my respect for the job he's done.

Like others, I hope this is nothing health-related and good luck to him whatever he does next.

• Like 1

Â