Rino8

Personally, I don't like how Liverpool are being punished for something Suarez did on the international break. It's not like Rodgers had any control over the situation and now will lose his best player for a long period. I thought Suarez should had just been banned from international football till after the copa in 2016.

• Like 1

I think a ban from playing for Uruguay for an extended period of time would have been much more fair. I can see this case dragging on from a Liverpool side for a long time. As I assume they will appeal this and try take it as far as possible...

Personally think tough luck to Liverpool. Players get injured on international duty and this in my eyes is no different. You represent yourself and your club when representing your country, clubs certainly don't refuse bigger fees when someone has had a good world cup.

Punishment itself is very light in my opinion, if I'd assaulted people on 3 occasions and racially abused them on another I'd be pleased to have a job/my freedom, as it is he gets a 4 month vacation to enjoy the sponsorship money he will likely still be receiving and then comes back to enjoy European football at the top level. Tough break!

• Like 1

Personally, I don't like how Liverpool are being punished for something Suarez did on the international break. It's not like Rodgers had any control over the situation and now will lose his best player for a long period. I thought Suarez should had just been banned from international football till after the copa in 2016.

Yeah, lets not punish anybody for anything in case it messes with their day job.  My cousin should have tried that argument when he got nicked for speeding and lost his licence. Why should the company he works for have to suffer because he acted like a dickhead? 

• Like 1

Gordon Strachan spoke well there......the immorality of football. About right really, we're all as bad.........if he played for us we'd be gutted. If he doesn't we all wanna throw the key away.

Yeah, lets not punish anybody for anything in case it messes with their day job.  My cousin should have tried that argument when he got nicked for speeding and lost his licence. Why should the company he works for have to suffer because he acted like a dickhead?

....not a close family then...lol

• Like 1

You're making the mistake of insinuating football and real life are even remotely alike

In my opinion, he should be banned from the next 10 competitive Uruguay matches. 

But if FIFA want to go through with this, it will set up a very interesting showdown between the English FA and FIFA right when FIFA is at it's lowest point ever in terms of public perception. If the FA can challenge FIFA on this, they ought to be challenged on Qatar as well.

Of course, does the FA really want to take up the cause of the most despicable player in the world?

They might feel as if FIFA is overstepping it's bounds and encroaching into the FA's turf, against a player on a club that plays in the FA. 

They also might view it as a political opportunity to knock FIFA down a peg or two.

Surely the ban from 'all football' will partly get over turned due to his human rights?

Which human right do you think this punishment breaches?

Hint, it's none of them.

You're making the mistake of insinuating football and real life are even remotely alike

Not only that, but your scenario is completely wrong compared to the actual situation. It would be more like your cousin losing his license then having the police tell his boss that your cousin can't work for them because of something he did outside of the company even if your boss didn't want to fire him.

In my opinion, he should be banned from the next 10 competitive Uruguay matches. 

But if FIFA want to go through with this, it will set up a very interesting showdown between the English FA and FIFA right when FIFA is at it's lowest point ever in terms of public perception. If the FA can challenge FIFA on this, they ought to be challenged on Qatar as well.

Of course, does the FA really want to take up the cause of the most despicable player in the world?

Absolutely no chance in the world that the FA will take issue with this.

Â