Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Fair goal, that. It came off Clark's head, obviously. As far as the flag up, players should continue to play until the whistle.

Still, infuriating way to have a goal against.

Spot on. Why stop?

Think we'll have to see one of Ireland or N'Zogbia sacrificed, someone needs to be higher up with Bent. Mind you, I'm pleased with the way we're trying to play. It will take time this playing proper football malarchy.

Their goal looked ok to me.

We were always going to struggle against a side like West Ham who play for set-pieces. Some positive stuff from us, just a little lack of imagination going forward. It's going to take everyone time to adapt to this system. So i'm feeling quite positive at the minute, even though we're losing.

0 shots on target against a pretty poor west ham side :?

My fears about Clark as a first choice centre half are even greater now, he has been terrible.

Also who the **** was supposed to marking Vaz Te????

First 20 minutes were quite impressive but very average in the rest of the half.

I feel that N'Zogbia and Holman are not playing very well but also make the pitch very small by cutting inside constantly. Lowton and Baker are staying back and it's pretty easy to defend for West Ham because everything is coming through the middle. Ireland and El Ahmadi should have space to create so I hope N'Zogbia will start on the left in the 2nd half and Holman will move to the right and keep the pitch as wide as possible. The game is nowhere near lost yet as West Ham is really average and their defence is error prone.

All this passing is very nice, but for the love of god, why are we not going at them? We've created nothing going through the middle either. I'm not hitting the panic button just yet, but I want to see some more attacking intent. Holman and N'Zogbia off for Weimann and Bannan, and lets go at them!

Jeez, I think we should try and give the boys a chance. Only 45 minutes into the season, think we've looked OK defensively but been under a lot of long ball pressure. We're obviously trying to play a vastly different style of football. Football that most of us want to see, it's not going to happen overnight.

Lambert's pretty canny too, he's not a one-trick pony, he'll react if necessary.

I also don't think Ireland's looked any better than N'Zogbia to be honest. He's dropped deep into midfield and played a few passes, that's about it, yet people seem to think he's beyond reproach. I think we're playing decently, just need to mix the passing game with a bit more incision but as I keep saying, it will come!