Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Yeah the passing is all well and good, but we aint doing shit with it, I noticed this in one of our friendlies. I hope Lambert doesnt make the mistake of trying to be so opposite of longball that we pass with no **** aim, we need players! FULL STOP! Nzobia has been shit, couple times we could have broke and he wankered it, Ireland is trying, had a couple very good passes and movements, El Ahmadi has been decent, although given it away a couple times, We havent utilised the wings at all really. Sigh. Anyway lets see what becomes of the first half.

ive never seen us play so many passes in all my 29 years

it's all sideways stuff. Not actually doing anything.

it's day 1 of lambert's reign. things won't happen magically overnight. holding onto the ball, moving, and playing lots of passes will yield rewards down the line. do you want to do it properly or do you want to do it fast?

**** hell we're a negative lot. What happened to knowing the process is going to take time. Lambert will still be learning about his players, tactics, we're 1-0 down we already look better than last season. Lambert's no mug, he knows how to change things round when needed.

I reckon bent touched the ball about 3 times then.

Set pieces still our Achilles heel? Need to play wider second half, too congested in the middle an while the type of football we're trying to play is commendable the players don't have the first touch and awareness to make it potent.

Holman has been finding the ball well but he is terrible when trying to do anything with it. N'Zogbia really hasnt had much to work off of to be honest so we cant say he has been poor. We need Weimann, Lichaj and Bannan on the field. Baker is not helping the attack, Bent is so isolated, and Holman is playing like shit.

Still plenty to play for in this yet - we've yet to find an opportunity for Bent which is a little concerning, we're perhaps trying to play the through ball from a little too deep - but we're good to watch when we're playing the ball around and sooner or later I think we'll find him a chance.

Might be worth pushing someone further forward or looking at subs if there's nothing happening after the opening ten minutes of the half.

West Ham have defended well in fairness to them, but they don't look anything special.

Didn't Lambert just say in the Birmingham Mail "VIlla fans shouldn't have to wait 40 minutes for a shot on goal"? 45 minutes gone 0 shots on goal.

2 shots on goal I think, needless to say none were on target.

Ireland has been good imo, right now we're just lacking that final ball and Collins has so far been doing fantastically to cut our attempts at that out.

Didn't Lambert just say in the Birmingham Mail "VIlla fans shouldn't have to wait 40 minutes for a shot on goal"? 45 minutes gone 0 shots on goal.

Knew as soon as he said that it would come back to haunt him.

Bozza just got it spot on. You can play all the nice football in the world but if you dont do anything upfront you'll not win.

Got to keep calm, play a more incisive passing game and get the fullbacks involved more and look to win this half 2 or 3 nil!

Whatever the tactics, we've got to be testing the keeper and I'm sure Lambert will have seen this.

ive never seen us play so many passes in all my 29 years

it's all sideways stuff. Not actually doing anything.

it's day 1 of lambert's reign. things won't happen magically overnight. holding onto the ball, moving, and playing lots of passes will yield rewards down the line. do you want to do it properly or do you want to do it fast?

Spot on that man

Sorry but there is not enough Quality or Depth in this side to suggest its anything more than a relegation fodder outfit

All well and good saying Oh but we have Darren Bent. He looks so starved and anorexic at the minute and has had zero service we really are below average and its worrying

Lerner continues to gamble with our PL status if investment isn't given i fear for us i really do