Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I had fears that he would struggle after the World Cup. He is a big lad, and always likely to get strains due to his size and speed. The lack of rest over the summer has unfortunately put extra strain on his body. Lots of players struggle the season after a big tournament in the summer. Fingers crossed he isn't out too much longer though as although Baker did well at Liverpool, I am still not sure he will fair so well against Chelsea and Man City.

I really hope we have him back for when we start to play the shitter sides

We don't really expect to get points against the big sides but i'd like us to have our strongest eleven back for when we play the likes of QPR

What I find really frustrating about the injuries are how niggly they seem. Every week it's a late fitness test/doubt which makes you think oh he will defo be back the game after, if not this one. Then the next week he's a doubt again.

Well you've obviously missed something. He's obviously been injured but the club don't come out and say, oh hel be out for this amount of time etc. It's always just in the team news vaguely like Ron vlaar hasn't managed to shake off a calf injury'. He's been trying to shake it off for the past 4 weeks lol

Yes, our captain and one of our most important players being injured is so funny.

Who said it was funny?

I'm laughing at the way his injury is made out to be nothing (ie - 'not quite managed to shake it off') yet prolongs for weeks.

It's far from funny. In fact it's as irritating as it was last season, and the season before. The man is a complete and utter liability in terms of fitness.

Yes, our captain and one of our most important players being injured is so funny.

Who said it was funny?

I'm laughing at the way his injury is made out to be nothing (ie - 'not quite managed to shake it off') yet prolongs for weeks.

It's far from funny. In fact it's as irritating as it was last season, and the season before. The man is a complete and utter liability in terms of fitness.

It was just the way you worded it. I just fail to see what's so funny about anything.

His talent still outweighs that though, and he doesn't miss that many games a season.

Lambert has consistantly said it's the same injury as last two seasons and he was out for 8 weeks first time and a month last season, 5 weeks currently this time.

It is frustrating but Lambert also said it was expected given he had little rest this summer and also explains the Senderos signing a lot more now.

Paul Lambert has revealed Ron Vlaar is suffering with the same injury that has plagued him throughout his Villa career.

The calf strain that he sustained a month ago against Hull City is similar to the problems that he has endured during the past two seasons at Villa under Lambert.

Vlaar will miss tomorrow’s trip the Chelsea and is also expected to be out of the clash with Manchester City at Villa Park next week.

It’s a big blow for the claret and blues but Lambert insists the injury is no worse than he first imagined.

“His injury is the same one he has had for the last couple of years,” said Lambert.

“It’s his calf and I knew it would happen because of the (amount of games he played at the) World Cup. I just didn’t think it would happen this early.

VIEW GALLERY

“The last few years he’s had problems with his calf. He has pulled it a few times in recent years and this one is no different.”

Vlaar will not need an operation but he does require rest from competitive action.

Already he’s been out for four weeks having missed the games against Liverpool and Arsenal and there’s only a slight chance that he will be back before the next round of international games.

“He might make next week against Manchester City depending on how his week is next week,” added Lambert. “If not, hopefully he will be ready for after the international break.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-ron-vlaar-suffering-7837081

This very week.

Â