Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

If he goes, it's yet another case of the club taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back. We sign a couple of players that we think will add something to the squad and allow us to strengthen, then there's talk of us potentially losing one of the players that we're trying to build a team around. Gotta love football, eh.....

Would be really pissed off if Vlaar went to Southampton. Man United I wouldn't mind so much as they're actually an obvious step up.

Yup, it will be a dark day if anyone left us for Southampton!

People say that clubs are powerless to stop their players from leaving, but that's not true. If we lost Ron, then i'd put good money on us going down. This is the kind of scenario where the club needs to dig its heels in, even if that means letting Ron go for free next year. He'll still have been better value for money than most of Lambert's other signings, even if we don't get anything for him.

Safety is worth a lot more than £5-£10m.

People say that clubs are powerless to stop their players from leaving, but that's not true. If we lost Ron, then i'd put good money on us going down. This is the kind of scenario where the club needs to dig its heels in, even if that means letting Ron go for free next year. He'll still have been better value for money than most of Lambert's other signings, even if we don't get anything for him.

Safety is worth a lot more than £5-£10m.

I agree uts on our terms or he stays

I'm actually confident he won't go anyway

In fact i'd say the longer Southampton leave it before making a bid the better

Unless that is actually their plan because of his contract situation.

The fact that the club has allowed this situation to develop is absolutely friggin criminal.

They should have tied him to a new contract anytime after last christmas.

The same goes for Delph. He has said the club have not offered him a contract yet, so what the friggin hell is going on?

We should have looked to sign both up, EVEN if we intend to sell. At least AVFC would have been in the driving seat then, not the bloody players and their agents.

He problem is the club is owned by muppets and managed by muppets.

The fact that the club has allowed this situation to develop is absolutely friggin criminal.

The same goes for Delph. He has said the club have not offered him a contract yet, so what the friggin hell is going on?

We should have looked to sign both up, EVEN if we intend to sell. At least AVFC would have been in the driving seat then, not the bloody players and their agents.

How do you know the club didn't try and sort out the contracts?

I don't.

But Delph has already previously said the club has not offered him a new contract .

Like I said, f uckin muppets.

Absolutely spot on.mate they are assets badically they have let fans down we realistically could lose them and with no money available its gunnabe tough.

No body knows jackshit (apart from Trent - the big TIT  :P  who is more ITK than anyone on here) - but that won't stop the moaning (was gonna say something worse but didn't want any warning points!)

No body knows jackshit (apart from Trent - the big TIT  :P  who is more ITK than anyone on here) - but that won't stop the moaning (was gonna say something worse but didn't want any warning points!)

Well we know that Grealish has not been offered one, and given the way we've been run I think it's fair to put those two together and assume nothing has been done.  There's little evidence to point to the idea that we've tried to sign these players up to new deals.

If the player in question doesn't want to sign a new contract (and that is probably the case with Vlaar) then there isn't much the club can do.

The club could be run better and have a plan to be competitive again, that might encourage players like Vlaar to stay rather than join teams like southampton.

Â