Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Seems  to me that silence is all the proof we need that Vlaar is keeping his options open this summer.

Unlike Delph, who has stated he actively wants to stay, Gabby we take it for granted...I've read nothing coming from Vlaar himself that he wants to stay. I think we'll do very very very well to hold onto him :(

Seems  to me that silence is all the proof we need that Vlaar is keeping his options open this summer.

Unlike Delph, who has stated he actively wants to stay, Gabby we take it for granted...I've read nothing coming from Vlaar himself that he wants to stay. I think we'll do very very very well to hold onto him :(

Absolute nonsense.

Absolute nonsense.

Hardly 'nonsense' - It's an opinion, no need to be a t0sser about it.

In my experience, when I see situations similar to this at other clubs, where a player  wants to stay and isn't entertaining the idea of leaving, they eventually get asked the question at a press conference/interview/twitter etc. where they say something akin to "I'm happy here, talks are progressing..". In this case, there has been nothing at all. He's our captain, so you'd expect one of the more saught after interviewees at the club. As I said, Delph did at the end of last season. 

for what it's worth, I don't blame him. If I were in his position at my employer and my stock had just risen so dramatically. I'd be looking around to see what I could get elsewhere too. At the very least he'll get a massive payrise here. We probably lured him here on the pre-tense that if he succeeded here he would earn a move to the moneybags clubs in the Champions League. That's pretty much the way it is with any team outside the top 4.

Absolute nonsense.

In my experience, when I see situations similar to this at other clubs, where a player  wants to stay and isn't entertaining the idea of leaving, they eventually get asked the question at a press conference/interview/twitter etc. where they say something akin to "I'm happy here, talks are progressing..". In this case, there has been nothing at all. He's our captain, so you'd expect one of the more saught after interviewees at the club. As I said, Delph did at the end of last season. 

for what it's worth, I don't blame him. If I were in his position at my employer and my stock had just risen so dramatically. I'd be looking around to see what I could get elsewhere too. At the very least he'll get a massive payrise here. We probably lured him here on the pre-tense that if he succeeded here he would earn a move to the moneybags clubs in the Champions League. That's pretty much the way it is with any team outside the top 4.

I wasn't being a tosser.

It is nonsense, because no matter what Vlaar says or doesn't say people will always read something negative into it.

I can't count how many pages we have had since and during the world cup, bemoaning the 'fact' that Vlaar is off this summer.

I have heard nothing from our management, another clubs management or Vlaar himself that would give any kind of belief that he is going.

It is one week away from the start of the season, still no bid, still no manager trying to force a deal in the press, still no Vlaar coming out saying he wants off, still no transfer request.

Vlaar is not going anywhere.

• Like 1

Absolute nonsense.

I wasn't being a tosser.

It is nonsense, because no matter what Vlaar says or doesn't say people will always read something negative into it.

I can't count how many pages we have had since and during the world cup, bemoaning the 'fact' that Vlaar is off this summer.

I have heard nothing from our management, another clubs management or Vlaar himself that would give any kind of belief that he is going.

It is one week away from the start of the season, still no bid, still no manager trying to force a deal in the press, still no Vlaar coming out saying he wants off, still no transfer request.

Vlaar is not going anywhere.

Bit presumptuous to say he isn't going anywhere as these things happen very quickly. I do think he wants to stay though provided we give him the assurances he will no doubt want.

Vlaar is a professional. He's also one who realises his stock is about as high as it's ever going to be. He's not going to come out and declare that he wants to leave., but likewise if we do not offer him a new deal and he gets an offer from elsewhere, especially on more money, then he's not going to turn it down. 

I think Villa hold the cards, as we can offer him a new contract and I don't think he's going to be as flooded with options as many think.

Neither Vlaar nor his agent is going to bang out statements about wanting to stay as that will result in a lesser contract deal for him. It will be better for him to allow people to fear losing him as they'll logically be better prepared to offer a more lucrative deal.

He's playing every week, he's in his national side, he is becoming a "name" and I think he'll want to stay here and ride on all that for a season or two. If he goes elsewhere, he risks becoming a squad player and that, in turn, will put his national place at risk.

90% staying at Villa for me.

I genuinely believe that the signing of Sanchez and Cissokho, despite not being household names as such, may make somebody like Vlaar who seems reasonably settled and respected here want to stay for another year and see how things roll. That is to say, I doubt he'd swap VP for St Mary's in a flash as alluded by some.

Of course if a united come knocking forget it. But that goes for every player we have.

Of course if a united come knocking forget it. But that goes for every player we have.

Which is still my worry.Watched the first half of the Utd vs L'pool the other week and Utds defence were all over the place in a back 3.Which I presume is still regarded as LVGs favoured system.

I genuinely believe that the signing of Sanchez and Cissokho, despite not being household names as such, may make somebody like Vlaar who seems reasonably settled and respected here want to stay for another year and see how things roll. That is to say, I doubt he'd swap VP for St Mary's in a flash as alluded by some.

Agreed, I think he'd be off his head to move to somewhere other than a top 4-6 team regardless of wage increases. I certainly wouldn't entertain the idea of the Saints at this point in time if I were him.

Koeman 'would really like' Vlaar at Southampton

The Aston Villa defender won many admirers for his performances at the World Cup for Netherlands and the new Saints boss sees him as "a perfect addition to every group"

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman "would really like" to sign Ron Vlaar from Aston Villa.

The Netherlands international excelled as Louis van Gaal’s side finished third at the World Cup over the summer, sparking speculation of a move elsewhere.

Koeman has previously indicated his interest in the centre-back but has now gone further, declaring Vlaar “a perfect addition to every group”.

"Vlaar became one of the best Oranje defenders at us, at Feyenoord [my old club]," he told Helden,. "And, at the last World Cup, he became one of the best of the tournament.

"He's a perfect addition to every group and a real leader. I would really like to have him at Southampton."

Koeman is in the market for a centre-back after Dejan Lovren's £20 million move to Liverpool, with Romanian defender Florian Gardos widely reported to be close to a switch to St Mary's Stadium.

Goal.

"Vlaar became one of the best Oranje defenders at us, at Feyenoord [my old club]," he told Helden,. "And, at the last World Cup, he became one of the best of the tournament.

"He's a perfect addition to every group and a real leader. I would really like to have him at Southampton."

foff.gif

Edited by adz.villa
  • Like 3

Â