General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. PeterWithe's_shin: That is a very nice article and one that lays out, in clarion terms, where we believe we are and where we want to go. Obviously we are NOT where we want to be...and we will have our ups and downs (hopefully today will be an "up"). MON is a superb manager and has stated the case well. Randy is a special owner and will back MON and the Club. Obviously the Board is also dedicated to making the Club a winner.

Well General, we're 4th, and deserve to be there.

Please pass on my thanks and congratualtions to everyone you see General. From Mr Lerner, you, the backroom staff, the board, to the team and the management.

To be able to measure such a good job, so quickly, is a fantastic achievement by all of you.

General,

Can you please thank the operators of turnstiles 57 and 58 in the Lower Doug Ellis stand, and in particular the Steward who was working with them today.

Prior to the game a group of around 15 Manchester Utd fans tried to rush the turnstile and get into the ground, a couple jumped over the turnstile and were seen off by the steward, the turnstile operators then swiftly shut the doors of the turnstile, removing all but one of the interlopers. (who suddenly seemed far less brave.)

The quick actions of the steward and turnstile operators prevented what could well have been a very volatile situation and they should be commended for their quickness of thought and deed.

Thank you.

It's great to be 4th too. Thank you again!

General Krulak here:

1. Another strong performance by the Manager and Team. We are not there yet...we need to beat the likes of ManU...but we played an aggressive, positive, and solid game from start to finish. Lads we have picked up during the transfer windows are playing extremely well and the lads who have been with us from the beginning provide solid leadership. Lot's of calming influences on the field that allowed us to keep our heads when things got tough...and provided the spark to move forward. NO FEAR!!! For a guy who spent 35 years in uniform, it was great to see our lads go onto the Pitch with no fear in their eyes and, instead, a BELIEF that they could do it. Well done to the Lads, well done to MON and well done to YOU, the FANS!!! You drowned them out!!

Hi General,

Excellent result today. It completely exemplifies what our club has been trying to achieve over the past two and a bit years, and it shows how far we've come under the new regime.

Just a quick tactical point thought. I know it's none of our business to get involved with MON's organisation of the team, but i'd just like to pass on to him that I love the football we have been playing the last two games. By not having Carew leading the line, we've played delightful passing football and it has increased both our possession and our chances, and I think many fans would agree that we'd like to see more of it. And even though JC will eventually win back his place, please encourage MON to not change the way we've been playing. We are a team, and last week and today is exactly how a team (and a damn fine one at that) should be playing.

UTV!

General Sir,

Changing tack a bit, this week I have made two purchases from the club store, one online and one in person yesterday. My point is that buying in person i am able to use my season ticket to get a 10% discount, but there is no facility to do this online. Surely it cant be too difficult to enable online purchases to also receive a discount? And before someone comes on and says "buy all things in person" I only buy small things on matchdays because the last time i brought a large item it got damaged when people accidently jumped on them when we scored.

Thanks UTV

General Krulak here:

1. Nope, not tongue in cheek. I meant it. We need to be able to beat the likes of the ManU's of the world...consistently...to get to where we want to be. I can promise you, that is MON's goal and the goal of the Board. That should come as no surprise...I would imagine that would be the goal of many teams within the Premiership.

2. I will check with John Greenfield and see how we can work a 10% discount on line.

General,

My apologies if this had been asked already. I had the pleasure of attending a reserve match a little while back at VP in the MacGregor Suite and saw the superb painting in the main reception. I’d love to know whether there are any plans to sell copies in the club shop as I honestly think there would be some serious interest.

I’d suggest a number of different levels to match the depth of people’s pockets.

1. Limited edition print – framed, signed and numbered by the artist

2. Print – unframed in mailing tube

3. Greeting card sized prints

Grateful if you could pass this onto the marketing folks and see if they concur.

Very impressed with all that is happening at AVFC – keep up the good work.

Semper Fi

General Krulak here:

1. Nope, not tongue in cheek. I meant it. We need to be able to beat the likes of the ManU's of the world...consistently...to get to where we want to be. I can promise you, that is MON's goal and the goal of the Board. That should come as no surprise...I would imagine that would be the goal of many teams within the Premiership.

2. I will check with John Greenfield and see how we can work a 10% discount on line.

Evening General Sir,

I would hope it wasn't tongue in cheek. This is exactly the winning attitude we need, not just from the management, but the players and the fans as well because VP has been like home from home for those dirty, cheating northern types.

Well it looks like Aston Martin is ingraining this attitude into the squad and I for one am pleased with the progress being made, but of course, never satisfied... :winkold:

Hi General, given the 2.5% cut in VAT today which means as villa's prices are fixed for the season the club will make a bit more money I was wondering if the club would be donating what is bonus money as the extra generated by future ticket sales will be small change ??

General thank you very much for your help in getting a ticket for my german friend from hamburg a ticket in the villa end for the uefa game, it will mean a lot to him and us having him with us after we introduced him to English football (Aston Villa of course!) when he was over here at University for a year. The club couldn't be more helpful for us fans always trying to go the extra mile.

Many thanks again Steve

Ps any chance of the flag coming up to the upper holte??

I have given this feedback to the steward in Doug Ellis Upper stand. (I mean the middle bit)

The male toilet need changing as there is only one exit/entry which mean it is difficult to move round at half time toilet visit.

I think there is a need for extra exit/entry which mean people can get in and out easier.

Perhaps the club should check all the toilets to see if there is access issues all over the stadium.

General,

a bit off topic, but the BBC have recently been re-running the Band of Brothers tv show which they made with HBO about the 101st Airbourne's exploits in WW2. I have been mesmerised by it and the depiction of the reality of warfare.

Have you ever seen the show and if so, is it a realistic depiction? The last two nights have been about the Battle of the Bulge and the campaign in Bastogne as well as the bravery and responsibility placed on Captain Winters. Sure makes you appreciate that while times are tough at the moment, we all have it easy compared to front line soldiers.

Hi General, given the 2.5% cut in VAT today which means as villa's prices are fixed for the season the club will make a bit more money I was wondering if the club would be donating what is bonus money as the extra generated by future ticket sales will be small change ??
On season tickets already purchased, VAT is applicable at the point of sale, so the club will not benefit from increased revenue on the 25,000 or so ST's already sold.

If the club chooses not to pass on the VAT cut on the sale of future tickets (i.e. those sold after 1st December) on a £30 ticket the club will benefit by about 0.56p so on the remainder of the season, assuming walk up sales of 10,000 tickets per game and based on 12 league and 5 more cup games (yes I am optimisitc) this would equate to about £95k in additional ticket revenue.