General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I just got goosebumps reading about the prospect of him having a testimonial. I'd probably fly over from Germany specially for the game.

I still remember now being in the upper Trinity when he scored on his home debut in front of the Holte and him just sinking to his knees and crying.

Legend.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

I have been a Season Ticket holder for many years and I am 60+(purchased a Season Ticket befoe takeover so could be classed as insane) and todays match is very close to being one of the most negative and poor that I have everseen.

The question I would ask can we afford to risk spending big bucks on players when we have such a poor manager look at the records, look at our position in the league. The players he has bought with the exception of Big John have not delivered.

Look for a new manager before Randy spends.

General

I have been a Season Ticket holder for many years and I am 60+(purchased a Season Ticket befoe takeover so could be classed as insane) and todays match is very close to being one of the most negative and poor that I have everseen.

The question I would ask can we afford to risk spending big bucks on players when we have such a poor manager look at the records, look at our position in the league. The players he has bought with the exception of Big John have not delivered.

Look for a new manager before Randy spends.

If you are 60+ you should know better, grow up.

Pretty much 100% faith. What people seem to forget is that we're a team and club in transition, there's no doubt in my mind that Randy, The General, Martin and the rest of the team are pulling together and it's next season which we should be looking for big strides. There are exciting times ahead, it just needs people to sit back and enjoy the ride and as in the rollercoaster take the ups and downs but taking in the whole thrill of it all!

General, you and the rest of the team are doing a sterling job and I commend you all on your work and effort you're showing towards the Villa faithful. We KNOW the team outside of the pitch are making great strides and the playing staff will take time but we all (well 75% of us :)) have complete faith in Martin and what he's doing for the club.

Please keep this thread on topic and relevent to The General

Someone obviously couldn't read what John wrote above, then they failed to see the further warning only a few posts later and as a consequence their post has been deleted

This topic isnt for discussing managers or tactics or any of the usual message board type stuff, its not in the Generals remit here - please please please respect this - Bicks

Genreal,

Wish Randy all the best with his back. I suffer from my back going every now and then and know only too well how painful it can be.

Also, I think the blanket pricing for the Everton game is a great idea. Afterall no matter where you sit you watch the same game. I wonder if it's possible for it to apply to every game next season. It always baffles me as to different pricing for different parts of a ground. If you go to the cinema, you apy the same price no matter where you sit. Ok concert pricing is different but I rally do think that generally the same price throughout (with the lower priced part of the ground being the precident of course) being the yard stick. I think you'd see more people in the ground in areas they wouldn't normally sit in.

General,

Far be it from me to tell Randy how to spend his money, but I would like to draw your attention to the forthcoming auction of the collection of Villa fan Gerald Harris. Mr Harris built up his collection over 40 years and the lots include hundreds of pre-war programmes bound in hardback claret and blue volumes and framed sepia team photos from the early 1900s. The whole collection is expected to fetch around £70,000. Also at the auction will be legendary Villa centre half Frank Barson's FA Cup winners medal from 1920, expected to fetch £6,000. The auction will take place at Bonhams, Chester next Wednesday.

For too many years the club has ignored its own hallowed history and allowed many, many items of historical significance to fall into the hands of private collectors, the worst example being the sale of the old English Cup to the owners of Birmingham City.

I have called previously for the club to employ someone tasked with buying back our history, on the proviso that it is eventually displayed for all fans to enjoy.

I am sure you still have some contacts in Chester who could sit at the end of a mobile phone in Bonhams!

General, please can you remind the stewards of the clubs policy on away 'fans' sitting in home areas.

I was surrounded by brummie Liverpool glory hunters on sunday, clapping and cheering, even singing at one point.

What did the stewards do? Not alot. In fact, nothing until we moaned about it. Thankfully we're a civilised bunch, elsewhere they may have had few problems.

I know if they're not wearing colours then it is hard to distinguish them, but when they're so open about it directly in front of stewards, then something should be done.

Its happening more and more now at games against the 'big'clubs and its starting to annoy a fair few season ticket holders.

General Krulak here:

Very sorry that I have been off the net. Randy and I were in the UK for about 8 days and I only had access to my Blackberry.

First off, Randy's back is not real good...we flew over on Monday night and he could barely make it off the plane. He wasn't even able to get to the Arsenal match after flying 3000+ miles to be there. He did get up to the Liverpool match and we flew back that evening...and he was with the physio this morning. He will be fine but it will take a wee bit of healing.

I guess I deserve an opportunity to give my views of the last two matches...even though I am just a Yank. I am not asking for a big discussion on what I have to say because I know there are other threads that talk about the matches. I just thought it might be worthwhile to hear what a Director thought.

a. Arsenal. I thought that Arsenal had the stronger first half...although we played well at stretches of time. The goal was a fluke but as you all tell me, that is the name of the game...you just never can tell what is going to happen. I thought the refs made some very tough calls as far as Villa was concerned. The off-side calls were very "tight" and seemed to be different for Arsenal than for us. Carew was going for a score and pulled down...seems to me to be a red card foul...but again, I am just a Yank. I thought the second half was a strong half for Villa. We had one breakdown and were fortunate to not have a score against us but....we sure took some shots at Arsenal and the game could have easily been a draw. Our lads fought their hearts out and I felt that we played well. After the game I went to the dressing room and the Team was frustrated and angry!! No excuses about the ref or bad luck...they honestly felt they should have got a point (at least) and were disappointed that they didn't. The practice the next day was VERY spirited and Martin and the coaches were all over the field.

b. Liverpool. I went down on the Pitch before the game and the wind was swirling around very strongly. There was no direction to the wind...it was almost earie the way it was moving. I am not one for excuses but I think that something must have effected the play because both sides did not distinguish themselves. Passes were not crisp, movement was not what is expected, playing to the open space was lacking....and that was across the board. I did think the game got better as it progressed. Let's face it, Liverpool is a fine squad who can truly play the game. WE HELD THEM 0-0!! We put pressure on them and we came off with a point. As Randy said, on that day, a point is good. Let me say one thing about Petrov. I watched him very closely....and I watched Gerrard very closely. For all the Fans who are down on Petrov, I would encourage them to think about that game and whether or not Gerrard was a factor at all...and if not, why not?

I will bring up, again, the issue of away fans. I do think we are making headway but even I ran into some when I was visiting the Holte End. I was civilized but I did ask to see their tickets and will find out how they got them.

I am a big Martin O'Neill fan. For those who have a different opinion, I respect your right to that opinion but...I will tell you, he will help make this team a winner.

good to hear from you general

how did randy hurt his back then?

i think the vast majority know that Martin is the man whos going to break the top 4, some are just getting a wee bit impatient i guess but we will turn it round next season, im sure of it. I think next season when hes had a pre season with the lads and brought in a few higher quality players we will see a massive improvement from the team and from the likes of young and petrov who will have settled at villa and in birmingham.

General Krulak here:

He will be fine but it will take a wee bit of healing.

Let me say one thing about Petrov. I watched him very closely....and I watched Gerrard very closely. For all the Fans who are down on Petrov, I would encourage them to think about that game and whether or not Gerrard was a factor at all...and if not, why not?

I will bring up, again, the issue of away fans. I do think we are making headway but even I ran into some when I was visiting the Holte End. I was civilized but I did ask to see their tickets and will find out how they got them.

'wee bit of healing' hmmm, there's a man that's spending too much time with Martin O'Neill right there!!

I've been moaning about Petrov for a few weeks now but yes, he was one of the better players on Sunday, if he plays like that more often then we'll have ourselves a player - I just hope he does it because he wasn't cheap.

Away fans - the situation does seem to have improved this year, again it's going to take time to discover all the various ways and means people acquire tickets and do something about it. I'd like to thank you for that though General, something should have been done about this sorry state of affairs 10 years ago, nice to see it finally happening.

I hope you're right about Martin O'Neill, I really do.

Nice to hear that all is well General and that you are still thinking positively like many of us here despite our difficult run, some people just don't understand that confidence or lack of it is more difficult to restore in young players.

With regards away fans in home areas there are definitely fans of other clubs on our database who only buy tickets for games where Villa play the team they support, surely there are ways to make this more difficult such as having to have a history of purchasing for 2 or more different opposition when trying to buy tickets for the category A games.

Your oppinions on our play are just as valid as ours General - Its what football is all about.

I went to Sundays match (First match in seven years) had a great time, regardless of result - and the weather! The food in the Witton Lane stand however was awful!!!

Hope Randy's feeling better.