General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

I don't know who spilled the beans about my birthday but.....thanks to the VillaTalk Villans for the kind words. You all made my day!!

I didn't get a chance to see the game live, but I talked with some folks who did. They thought our fans were magnificent...and Randy specifically mentioned that they deserved "MOM". The Villa Fans must have been great. I would have loved 3 points for my Birthday.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm a student at Birmingham University and we are in the process of setting up the official Aston Villa Society at the uni. We've had a good amount of interest from people wanting to join and i've been told that there are some international students also interested in seeing football at the villa. I've also heard that the club may be interested in drumming up suppport at the university...Ideally we are trying to avoid a 'fan club' like thing but a social society for students who want to watch football at the villa (fanatical fan or not!). I was basically wondering what you or the club would make of this and if there would be any chance in the society being recognised by the club (i.e. cheaper match day group tickets, activities etc).

Also this website is great and its really good that a director would take the time to speak to the fans, it is much appreciated!

Up the Villa!

General,

Alan Perrin the Villa fan from Devon who was nominated as the Barclays fan of the month has won the award. (He was particularly pleased with your vote !)

Can we have him on the pitch at half time at one of the next two home games so that we can give him a round of applause?

:lol:

General,

Alan Perrin the Villa fan from Devon who was nominated as the Barclays fan of the month has won the award. (He was particularly pleased with your vote !)

Can we have him on the pitch at half time at one of the next two home games so that we can give him a round of applause?

I will second that. The man devotes his life to helping others and supporting Villa.

General,

I will second that. The man devotes his life to helping others and supporting Villa.

Very much agreed. Inspirational stuff.

General, did you mention something about you needing students help at universities or something?

I am currently a student at cardiff university and would be willing to help out or be part of your any plans concerning activities at universitys around the country. If this is not possible i would again like to congratulate you on the good work you have been doing this season. I was at fulham yesterday along with the other 6000 fans, and the buzz we have as fans is down to you and randy. Whatever happens over the next few years at villa, you can be sure of villa fans selling out everywhere we go supporting your regime!!

peace

UTV

General Krulak here:

1. We are very serious about seeking new fans at the Uni. If you want someone to come out and talk about tickets, etc. we can arrange that. Birmingham University should have a whole contingent of Villa Fans!! Please contact Nicola Keye at Villa Village and give her your idea.

2. Alan Perrin ...what I admired is what you all admire...Alan is much more than a Fan, he is a good and decent person. I will see what we can do to recognize him and his efforts.

General,

Are there any, or do you plan to introduce any schemes or incentives to attract local youth football teams to VP? I would like to bring along my Under 7 team as an end of season treat (and to show the few non Villa supporters what they are missing :winkold: ) if a suitable package was available.

General,

I'm excited by some of the talk I've heard about ticketing and next years season tickets, you've told us that we're going to be very pleased, can you tell us when you are likely to be revealing details on next years season ticket prices and benefits ?

General Krulak here:

1. Bully: I would call the ticketing people (Nicola Keye) and describe what you are trying to do with your under 7 Team. She may be able to help...perhaps for Sheff. Untd.

2. Obviously, I don't want to steal the thunder of our ticketing folks...but, there will be greater segmentation for our Fan base...there will be more bennies for ST holders...some of those will be seen before the end of this season.

General Krulak here:

1. Bully: I would call the ticketing people (Nicola Keye) and describe what you are trying to do with your under 7 Team. She may be able to help...perhaps for Sheff. Untd.

2. Obviously, I don't want to steal the thunder of our ticketing folks...but, there will be greater segmentation for our Fan base...there will be more bennies for ST holders...some of those will be seen before the end of this season.

Will there be a draw for a season ticket holder to receive a squad no. for next season?

Great stuff General,

I'm very much looking forward to seeing these come through, I know that this was a big topic of discussion at the last SCG meeting.

Are you looking at having another meeting soon ?

I read elsewhere that there might be one in the next few weeks while everyone's together for the games against Liverpool and Arsenal ?

General Krulak here:

1. thetrees...thanks for another English lesson. Yanks are almost hopeless when trying to speak!!

2. I have asked for a special SCG meeting to be held the week of the 12-17th...a date will be published soon. I have invited Richard Fitzgerald to attend also...along with folks from ticketing, hospitatlity, etc. It is my hope that this meeting will be an opportunity to get to know some folks better and to conduct a Q&A.

3. There will be some unique opportunities for ST holders in the next couple of weeks to do some fun things...but it will require speed of action to get in on it.

Thanks again General, and Happy Birthday for the other day.

You probably already know about this, if not I thought I'd make you aware of this article. We've been discussing it this morning here. The "story" has little basis for me other than an upset local journo whining in the press, however it's not the sort of thing people associated with Villa want to read in the local paper. Would it be worthwhile having somebody from the club contacting Pat Murphy just to iron things out? Whatever people feel about the guy he has a voice in the press and I think it would be a good idea to keep people like him "onside".

What do you think?

1. We are very serious about seeking new fans at the Uni. If you want someone to come out and talk about tickets, etc. we can arrange that. Birmingham University should have a whole contingent of Villa Fans!! Please contact Nicola Keye at Villa Village and give her your idea

General

As a season ticket holder and student of 4 years (And counting) Birmingham Uni does indeed have a fair number of villa fans, going by my experience... I was a rep for the fresher’s fair held at the guild at the start of uni this year and villa were the only team with a stall at that fair. They were running a draw for a couple of tickets to a match. I felt that was a bit of a limited offer.

I think that the main reason students do not go is simply down the cost, with many students struggling to pay bills and rent. I've always dragged my villa mates from uni to the football and took advantage of the 6 tickets for £5 each. I Think Aston Villa could raise its profile at the university as it stands. I know societies take students to football matches, I remember being asked which team I would like to go and see in a society questionnaire.

I’m not sure in what context some one from Villa could be sent over to the uni to talk about ticketing and what not... Maybe run a fans forum thing for uni students, to gauge thier views and situations? You would probably need to talk the guild (of students) about that. I know that Sheffield Utd ran an offer at Sheffield University for their game against us, I think students were allowed in for £5 for that one, televised match.

I would say that as a student of four years, I have only had one "lower cost" season ticket once in my four years being a season ticket holder. Student tickets used to be under-18's (when I was over 18) only but we recently changed it for the better to allow tickets for "young adult" which I think was a great idea. Unfortunately for me I was 21 when they started that! D'oh. But that’s history as they say.

I think students were allowed in for £5 for that one, televised match.

Yeah that's right and from what I hear the take-up was quite good. For the smaller matches, especially those on tv, its worth looking at. I know I'd go and see Leeds if they ran a similar offer (and I wasn't ill of course) and I know a lot of people who are similar to me in that they like watching football and it wouldn't matter to them who was playing so much, who would be just as keen to go, I'm sure my mates are far from unique in this. I think its a good way to get a good few thousand into the ground once or twice a season.

General Krulak here:

I just got off the phone with Randy...and I passed on these two great posts. He was VERY pleased! He remembered the incident at Bodymoor Heath...and said to tell you that he got more out of meeting the fans than visa versa. He cracked up about the t-shirt comment. Like I have been telling you all, Randy is DOWN TO EARTH!! What you see is what you get...and you will see good things. He is a very good man.

Thanks for both posts....they made my day!!

General!

If you give me an e-mail address I can send you the pictures of randy and the Norwegian Villa Supporters! It was a great day at Bodymoor Heath for us all!!

Can we have a look...please?

The pictures are now up on the front page:)

What a great day!