General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

My only point was that we might try to do something special for the 25th...and that it might spill over into next season.

Perhaps a 25th Anniversary scarf sent out to season ticket holders old and new?

General Krulak here:

My only point was that we might try to do something special for the 25th...and that it might spill over into next season.

Perhaps a 25th Anniversary scarf sent out to season ticket holders old and new?

Not sure I agree with that tbh, sure it rewards loyalty, sure it targets those that may have fallen by the wayside in recent years but surely we also need to be trying to build a new support also and using our heritage would be a great way of doing that

Rewarding the loyal and attempting to bring back the once faithful is fine but I think its a missed opportunity to waste our 25th aniv celebrations on such a narrow band of people

Not against the scarf idea per se mind you

The problem is some of the people who went to Rotterdam were not season ticket holders, plus the club will not hold records of season ticket holders in the subsequent years except recent - Data Protection laws etc.

Can I just say what a top man the General is, he replied to a private message I sent. As for atmosphere I never wear a scarf but I am always singing and shouting, home and away. If more did the same at home the atmosphere would soon pick up.

Yank here to add my thoughts - have never had the fortune of attending a game at Villa Park (although I've promised my 4 year-old we will some day), so I completely defer to "the locals" on this one, but what about shakers? For those not in the know, they're similar to pom-poms - strips of colored paper or plastic on the end of a stick. They're a staple in college (American) football here in the US and can be quite impressive on a Saturday afternoon. I'm sure the General has watched an SEC game or two and knows what I mean.

Again, it's not necessarily my place to suggest ways to support the squad at Villa Park but in the interest of adding new ideas, I thought I'd throw mine in.

Yank here to add my thoughts - have never had the fortune of attending a game at Villa Park (although I've promised my 4 year-old we will some day), so I completely defer to "the locals" on this one, but what about shakers? For those not in the know, they're similar to pom-poms - strips of colored paper or plastic on the end of a stick. They're a staple in college (American) football here in the US and can be quite impressive on a Saturday afternoon. I'm sure the General has watched an SEC game or two and knows what I mean.

Again, it's not necessarily my place to suggest ways to support the squad at Villa Park but in the interest of adding new ideas, I thought I'd throw mine in.

Please god nooooooo....

not in my lifetime at Villa we haven't, however we have done balloons etc...

you are showing your inexperience then Ian.

scarves were a great thing with us once and pinching them a real prize for the opposition, sort of a battle trophy, anyone involved in the troubles at Tranmere, Everton, Leeds and Sunderland will know what I mean :)

General I am in the away scheme and tickets always seem to be sent out long after being on general sale. The problem I have with this is, when tickets are sold out before I have even recieved mine I am unable to exchange/buy extra and sit with friends/family. I know its a silly little thing but I have been annoyed by this on more than one occasion.

Regarding the song sheet idea, didn't the club sort out a similar thing for the first game SHA played when they got promoted a couple of years ago? 2002-03 season? I seem to remember a rather imposing Holte End holding up card, with the "The Holte End" pattern from the seats replicated upon it... I'll try and dig out a picture if possible... But surely if the club did this once it's possible for it to be done again?

EDIT- the only picture I can find is in Claret and Blue magazine 2002/03 Issue 3, but my scanner's not complying.

While I'm here, are we still affiliated with Danish side Akademisk Boldklub, as was announced in that particular issue of C&B?

OK, how about this. In the states, the Pittsburgh Steelers wave small towels... hand towels... at games. They're yellow, and admittedly, look awesome when the full stadium is waving away. They call them terrible towels, and I'm sure Randy and the General are intimately familiar with them (since the Browns and Steelers are in the same division and historical rivals). Methinks a stand full of fans waving claret and blue towels would look superb and be much less annoying than those rattler things. And I think it would be original, at least for the most part.

Again, though, I defer to the traditionalists, and this is only as a new idea.

General I am in the away scheme and tickets always seem to be sent out long after being on general sale. The problem I have with this is, when tickets are sold out before I have even recieved mine I am unable to exchange/buy extra and sit with friends/family. I know its a silly little thing but I have been annoyed by this on more than one occasion.

For Fulham away I bought 4 tickets when they went on Priority sale. When they went on General sale (before I had received the tickets) I called up and said I want a few more tickets and have already bought 4. The lady I spoke to was helpful and sorted it so the other tickets were next to the ones I had already bought.