General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I find it very strange that the Away Scheme tickets are sent out so long after they have gone on general sale - I haven't even had the Blackburn ones yet - by the time I come to book the coach, the coaches are pretty full - I never feel quite safe booking the coach until I have the match ticket for some reason - guess I should just book the coach anyway but then I don't think they would say all the coaches were full - I think they'd just put another one on! (Hopefully). I wish though that the away scheme tickets were sent out first. I can't understand the reasoning on this.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too Hev. I haven't got my Blackburn ticket, either, yet.

And in fact, (not that I mind) they are really breaking consumer law, or at least the spirit of it, in deducting the money from our credit cards and then not sending out the goods at that time. They took the 25 quid off me about 2 weeks ago, for Blackburn, for instance.

They should NOT take the money until they send the tickets.

General

I recently wrote to the club regarding a few issues surrounding the club. I know it's not in your remit to deal with such things, but I did find a lot of the replies did not answer the questions I had asked.

I was told we should recieve our Blackburn tickets this week, as they have been processed. Whether I can purchase the extra's and then exchange so we can all sit together is another matter. Cheers General for being on the case.

General,

This is the first time I've communicated with you on VTand I would confirm the views of everyone here that having the new regime in place is like a breath of fresh air. Long may it last re the attitude that the new Board have taken in ensuring that the Villa fans have a say and really mean something to the Club. This is particularly true of your own refreshing approach and real interest both in the Villa, it's History as well as the fans and I would endorse others views and show my own appreciation for making me feel a part of the club I have followed for just about fifty years. Welcome and thanks to all.

Just one little quibble which I experienced today which you may want to address? I am a Season Ticket holder , but went to the ticket office at the back of the North stand today (to purcase three tickets for a work colleague who I have been encouraging to come and take a look) at 10 o'clock and was refused entry in my car to the empty car park in front of the ticket office and shop. I was given the reason that it is a match day and although I remarked that the game was still some ten hours away was informed that I should find somewher to park on the road outside and to then walk back to the ticket office!! I am not the only one who was a bit put out by this stance and the unbending attitude of the security staff. Indeed it reminded me of the attitude shown by the previoue regime and dissapointed me when all I was trying to do was to put more 'bums on seats'for tonight. Even now a few hours on I still can not understand why we could not drive right up to the ticket office, purcahase the tickets in full knowledge that my vehicle was safe and then quickly depart. It does not appear on the face of it that the security staff have any commercial nouse or common sense. I could understand it if the kick off was 2/3 hors away but not 10 hours!!. Anyway rant over and lets all hope for a great night and a victory to look forward to and celebrate.

I had exactly the same thing at exactly the same time... weird. Anyway, I agree. There were hundreds of spaces but no parking allowed and i had to park a small mission away as the roads were full.

Hi General, a disappointing result for us today but we are going in the right direction nevertheless.

I have just seen that there is futher debate on safe standing with the Football Supporters Federation stating that they would like to pilot it at a big Premiership football club. Everton have thrown their hat into the ring but given the desire of so many Villa fans for safe standing do you think that we would be able to do the same given that our stadium is more modern and would be better suited to testing for modern stadia. This would surely confirm our status even further as a club that does actually listen to it's supporters.

Hi General,

First post in this thread. I'm just writing to let you know of some issues faced by overseas fans. I am a member of the Worldwide Supporters club in Australia and am trying to organise tickets to the away game at Middlebrough. I faxed the form through for tickets on Monday and asked to be given notification that I would get the tickets but I have not heard anything. The game is on the 14th of April but I am leaving next Saturday. I have pretty much re-arranged my honeymoon in order to get to this game but as of yet I have not heard anything nor have I been charged for the tickets. Of most importance is

a) getting the ticket confirmation

B) been given instructions to pick the ticket up from the gate.

I will not be at home for about 3 weeks before the game so I can't receive the tickets. I have a bad feeling that I am going to turn up at the Riverside Stadium on the 14th without and tickets.

An online ordering system with confirmation through the supporters clubs would be great.

General

Sorry to be negative here but the quality of staff serving food and drinks in the Upper Trinity is awful.

Don't know if you do any internal mystery shopping, but trust me, all season the people serving there have been both unhelpful, zero smiles and tend to have the wrong attitude towards customers.

I do understand that 1) you are new and all things can't be changed in one go 2) they work undrr pressure and 3) they are lowly paid --however it costs nothing to smile and treat customers properly does it ?

General

1stly about the comment about parking when trying to buy tickets. This happened to me (admittedly under the old regime) when trying to buy tickets for my mum and dad. I had my 2 yr old daughter and my 1 yr old son in the car and they stated I could not go into the car park to buy tickets - they suggested I parked in a side street and walked (to which I told them I wouldn't bother - I saved the money and bought them Riverdance tickets instead !!!) - shame to see this is still going on.

2ndly - and I am trtuly sorry to ask this , honestly I am. We are extremely close to the relegation zone and from what I can see, no one seems to care, there does seem an attitude from the players of "we will get to the end on the season and then see what happens" - is this just a front because in the words of alcoholics anonymous "you can't recover unless you realise you have a problem !!"

I am a Season Ticket holder , but went to the ticket office at the back of the North stand today (to purcase three tickets for a work colleague who I have been encouraging to come and take a look) at 10 o'clock and was refused entry in my car to the empty car park in front of the ticket office and shop. I was given the reason that it is a match day and although I remarked that the game was still some ten hours away was informed that I should find somewher to park on the road outside and to then walk back to the ticket office!! ...

Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I returned my tickets to the Arsenal game just before lunchtime, as I've got a dreadful viral infection and have been barely able to stand most of the week.

To arrive at 11 o'clock or so and be told that I can't park anywhere near the ticket office and have to find some street parking just because it is a match day seems absolutely ridiculous, especially when the game is 9 hours off.

Anyway, I did so, and staggered huffing and puffing to the ticket office, muttering dark things to myself about businesses who find it acceptable to treat their customers so shoddily.

I think the problem has been that in the past many people used to pretend to be going into the ticket office earlier in the match day and then sneak off leaving their car in the car park. They would then pick it up after the game.

Therefore the club introduced a zero tolerance policy.

General

I don't know if you know much about him, but Ian Taylor served Aston Villa with loyalty, passion and great football from 1993-2003. He's a real Villa fan loved by all the clubs supporters as much as he loves the club. He's currently playing for Northampton but retiring at the end of the season, and I think it would be a fantastic gesture if Villa could give him a testimonial? There can't be a player who deserves one more and I think that if it were possible you would see a very full and emotional Villa Park for such a game.

General

I don't know if you know much about him, but Ian Taylor served Aston Villa with loyalty, passion and great football from 1993-2003. He's a real Villa fan loved by all the clubs supporters as much as he loves the club. He's currently playing for Northampton but retiring at the end of the season, and I think it would be a fantastic gesture if Villa could give him a testimonial? There can't be a player who deserves one more and I think that if it were possible you would see a very full and emotional Villa Park for such a game.

Well said.