General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Thanks General.... it nice to know you are watching the games.... Are you concerned about our League position and our inability to score goals? Do you think relegation is a possibility or do you think it's totally out of the question??

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen

Nice to have you back, I will leave the footballing issues to other threads so just have three questions really

1. (not really for you but just out of interest)

A lot of fans have commented on Ian Taylor here, I won't bore you but he was a terrific serveant of the Villa, he is a Birmingham lad who stood on the Holte-End then played for us for nearly 10 yrs (very successfully) 2 cup wins, 1 cup final loss and very rarely out of the top 8 (and QF of UEFA cup when it still meant something). A testimonial may be too much to ask for but at the very least can he be invited onto the field before kick off at some point this year for us to say thanks - he is currently playing for Northampton, but as we never seem to play on a Saturday anymore (come to that in a minute) that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It is about the time when the season ticket renewal forms are sent to us. Any news, and is there any truth to the rumour that when the TV deal kicks in Premier league clubs will cut entrance fee to £15

I don't want to sound like an oldie but Football is Saturday 3pm. Why do we not play anymore !!!. You can't really take our games recently because we haven't played for so long, then we faced 2 of the big 4 but usually our gates are reduced drastically when we are on the telly on a sunday morning or whatever - is it even worth playing these games for TV. Look at the blues, they were on the telly the other week and got less than 15k (when they usually get 28), surely the 60k they got for TV wasn't worth upsetting the fans that much !! - I also can't understand why TV games aren't played at 3pm saturday. Do Sky really think Villa fans will say" I am not going to go to the Villa v Liverpool today because man Utd v Bolton is on the telly" - it makes no sense to me (and then when teams play in the UEFA cup most games are on a Sunday - when the TV game is on anyway so I can't see the problem with playing TV games on Saturday 3pm !!!) - what is your opinion ???

3 things for you there

Paul

General,

To reiterate what others have said before me, thank you for taking the time to come here and talk to us; it is really appreciated, especially considering you are also subject to the usual limit of 24 hours in any given day.

My question relates to any forthcoming pre season tour to the US. I've been looking for an excuse to go back, and a first team tour is just the ticket, so do we have any dates or locations yet, or do you know when the dates and locations will be finalised? I'd like to clear my diary and book flights/hotels as early as I can, and my travelling companion being a military man has to book these kind of things even earlier than I do. Any pointers at all are most welcome.

Thanking you in advance,

Anthony

Is there any way you can offer a cash back scheme for re arranged fixtures? I bought a half season ticket at Christmas and have had to miss both Arsenal and Liverpool due to work commitments that no matter how hard i tried i could not get out of. 2 of the biggest fixtures of the season and i had to miss them its very frustrating and as my season ticket is with friends and my Dad i have nobody else to offer it to.

Is there any way you can offer a cash back scheme for re arranged fixtures? I bought a half season ticket at Christmas and have had to miss both Arsenal and Liverpool due to work commitments that no matter how hard i tried i could not get out of. 2 of the biggest fixtures of the season and i had to miss them its very frustrating and as my season ticket is with friends and my Dad i have nobody else to offer it to.

I think this is an important issue. Some sort of refund ought to be offered to season ticket holders who are unable to attend rearranged fixtures. I had to miss Chelsea earlier in the season as it was moved for television purposes and this is just one example of several over the last few seasons. It is not so much of a problem now that I have moved back to Birmingham but it tends to alienate supporters who live further away as when I was living in London, I had to plan in advance so that I could attend mid week games and when a weekend fixture got moved it often meant I couldn't go.

General Krulak here:

1. We are working on a scheme that will allow a person to "turn in" his/her ticket if they cannot attend a game and that ticket be resold with money going back to the ticket holder. The details, obviously, need to be worked out but we have heard you.

2 We are making progress in setting the time frame for the USA tour. We know we will be in two cities at this time...one in Canada and one in Ohio. As soon as we get the entire schedule, we will publish it.

3. Ian Taylor will be invited back to Villa as a guest...soon.

4. The new ticket prices will be announced soon. 15 pounds will not be the price...the TV deal is not that rich!!! Our fees are currently some of the very lowest in the Premiership...we will reduce them slightly but not to the extent of 15 pounds.

5. Unfortunately, we do not have much input to what is on the Telly. The FA basically has a contract that allows TV to schedule certain games at certain times. It is very similar to the NFL here in the US. If you are going to have TV contracts, then you are going to have to bend a little.

6. Our data base on fans does include more than a couple of games. Some people just "sneak" thru the screening. I can tell you two of them who wish they hadn't met up with me.

5. Unfortunately, we do not have much input to what is on the Telly. The FA basically has a contract that allows TV to schedule certain games at certain times. It is very similar to the NFL here in the US. If you are going to have TV contracts, then you are going to have to bend a little.

problem is General and I can speak I think of the vast majority here that sunday 13:30Ko's are the p.its. Look at saturday full house and barely a noise from either end, compare to the Arsenal game and you can see the effect the KO times have.

What annoys us the most is that there is no guarantee of a minumum number of Saturday 3PM Ko's and to a man that is the best KO time of all.

IMHO the extra money from TV is simply not worth this yet you need the money because of wage inflation that is simply manic.

edited typos. blandy

General Krulak here:

1. We are working on a scheme that will allow a person to "turn in" his/her ticket if they cannot attend a game and that ticket be resold with money going back to the ticket holder. The details, obviously, need to be worked out but we have heard you....

Different people will no doubt have different views as to how to implement it. Personally I like the idea a lot, as the re-arranged games can affect me quite badly. Again personally, I'd be happy to be "credited" with the "credit" going to the next season's season ticket purchase.

I'm not rich, but having paid the money out at the start of a season, I consider it "gone" and for me, knowing that a re-arranged game at least means I will get my 25 quid (or whatever amount) back in the form of a discount off next season's season ticket (or perhaps just as credit to be used anywhere within the club - shop, travel, whatever) would be equally acceptable as a straight refund. There are obvious advantages in this for the club, too.

It is really pleasing that the club is both listening and acting in this way. Thank you.

General Krulak here:

1. We are working on a scheme that will allow a person to "turn in" his/her ticket if they cannot attend a game and that ticket be resold with money going back to the ticket holder. The details, obviously, need to be worked out but we have heard you....

Different people will no doubt have different views as to how to implement it. Personally I like the idea a lot, as the re-arranged games can affect me quite badly. Again personally, I'd be happy to be "credited" with the "credit" going to the next season's season ticket purchase.

I'm not rich, but having paid the money out at the start of a season, I consider it "gone" and for me, knowing that a re-arranged game at least means I will get my 25 quid (or whatever amount) back in the form of a discount off next season's season ticket (or perhaps just as credit to be used anywhere within the club - shop, travel, whatever) would be equally acceptable as a straight refund. There are obvious advantages in this for the club, too.

It is really pleasing that the club is both listening and acting in this way. Thank you.

Great addition to a good idea. Get the positive PR, avoid the cost and hassle of refunding individual amounts and more or less guarantee repeat business...great.

Especially if combined with the new credit card type tickets so it is paper/voucher less process.

2 We are making progress in setting the time frame for the USA tour. We know we will be in two cities at this time...one in Canada and one in Ohio. As soon as we get the entire schedule, we will publish it.

Excellent news. If by Canada, you mean Toronto or Montreal then I will be proud to be at both tour stops in claret & blue!

It has occured to me that the ideal opponents would be an MLS club and a larger, more highly reputed internationally club (most likely one who plays in Nike kit...).

There are a few major clubs touring North America this summer, but one stands out: Celtic (who have been booked to play the MLS XI in Denver). Celtic have a massive fan base in North America, judging by their drawing power on previous tours and the MO'N connection adds even more interest. They are one of the few clubs that could guarantee a decent crowd (60k-plus) in an NFL-caliber stadium.

As for the MLS opponents, either Columbus Crew or the expansion Toronto FC would fit the bill nicely.

Hello general hope all is well.I read that we will see the new badge pretty soon i was wondering if there are any more details about when we will get to see the new kit and when we will be able to buy it?

Thanks for your time general all the best.

General Krulak here:

As a season ticket holder can i say i think this is a great idea !

I am constantly juggling with work commitment and villa home games so this would work a treat for the odd game i may have to miss .

3. Ian Taylor will be invited back to Villa as a guest...soon.

Thanks General

Thats great stuff. I have to pinch myself that we ask our clubs directors for these things and then they happen! I take it he will be out on the pitch at some point?

General Krulak here:

1. We hope to have the new badge "out" in the next couple of weeks. The new kit will go on sale in August...but we hope to have a preview before then. Remember, we just did the Nike deal a few weeks ago and they needed to get our kit into their manufacturing scheme...this is why it is taking a bit more time than we would like.

2. I completely understand the frustration with changes in the schedule but, as I said, if we are going to have the Telly, we need to be willing to make some allowances. I continue to come back to my old refrain...when we are winning consistently, when we are fighting for the top of the Premiership, when we have a "ticket" to Europe, selling out Villa Park will not be difficult. We need to get to that point as soon as possible. TV revenue will help us do just that.

4. Our USA schedule is still to be completed but your thoughts are right along the same line that we are thinking.

General,

This is the first time I've communicated with you on VTand I would confirm the views of everyone here that having the new regime in place is like a breath of fresh air. Long may it last re the attitude that the new Board have taken in ensuring that the Villa fans have a say and really mean something to the Club. This is particularly true of your own refreshing approach and real interest both in the Villa, it's History as well as the fans and I would endorse others views and show my own appreciation for making me feel a part of the club I have followed for just about fifty years. Welcome and thanks to all.

Just one little quibble which I experienced today which you may want to address? I am a Season Ticket holder , but went to the ticket office at the back of the North stand today (to purcase three tickets for a work colleague who I have been encouraging to come and take a look) at 10 o'clock and was refused entry in my car to the empty car park in front of the ticket office and shop. I was given the reason that it is a match day and although I remarked that the game was still some ten hours away was informed that I should find somewher to park on the road outside and to then walk back to the ticket office!! I am not the only one who was a bit put out by this stance and the unbending attitude of the security staff. Indeed it reminded me of the attitude shown by the previoue regime and dissapointed me when all I was trying to do was to put more 'bums on seats'for tonight. Even now a few hours on I still can not understand why we could not drive right up to the ticket office, purcahase the tickets in full knowledge that my vehicle was safe and then quickly depart. It does not appear on the face of it that the security staff have any commercial nouse or common sense. I could understand it if the kick off was 2/3 hors away but not 10 hours!!. Anyway rant over and lets all hope for a great night and a victory to look forward to and celebrate.

General,

As this was posted while you were away, have you any comments or answer?

General,

without turning this into a villa winge thread..I would like to tell you about a recent experience.

I am a season ticket holder in C3 trininity road together with my 6 year old lad.

I live over 200 miles away and are they for every home game. I am travelling as an away fan to the Blackburn game, and, as its the easter weekend,

I have persuaded my good lady wife together with both my kids to drive up to Birmingham and meet me to make a weekend in Brum.

I thought it would be good to take my wife and daughter together with my son and I to Villa park to the Wigan game on easter monday to show them

what its all about.

I called the ticket office explained what i wanted to do...and they suggested, as C3 is all season tickets, that the best thing would be to surrender my season tickets and to have 4 tickets for the north stand (2 adults and 2 childrens)..so they have charged me for one adult and one child...now C3 tickets are a lot more than North stand tickets but I wasnt offered any refund back my way on my season tickets.

I am sure your aware that most season ticket holders are a little aggrieved at the moment regarding offers given to non season ticket holders...but I though the above just took the biscuit...would love to hear your thoughts.

PS hope you can make it the South West meeting on the 5th April !

General thanks for getting back to me with regard missing matches and a refund scheme - excellent news. Obviously as a season ticket holder i do aim to get to every game but with re arranged fixtures this is not always possible so thanks for listening.

Can i just say that with regard the parking at VP on a match day it has never been allowed without a pass but obviously they are much stricter on the security now than they used to be which is prob why it caused problems on the Arsenal game.

General Krulak here:

1. Parking issue is as mentioned. People where constantly taking advantage of coming in early and just leaving their cars in the parking lot. Another perfect example of how the "few" can screw it up for the "many."

2. rsvdaz. I would ask you to do something for me. Please call Nicky Keye at Villa Park and relate your issue to her. She is overall in charge of ticketing and is an absolutely brilliant lady. She will listen to your issue and come up with a solution. She is constantly seeking ways to enhance customer satisfaction and will not back away from your complaint.