General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

A somewhat odd question maybe but who's your favourite Villa-player so far? I understand perfectly if you chose not to answer that question but would still be interesting to know. :) As a footballer that is, of course. Just a bit curious. ;)

Hasn't this already been asked and not answered somewhere in the last 50 pages? I'm not 100% sure but I get a sense of deja vu on this.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. The new CEO should be announced within the next 3-4 days. You will like him.

2. We've got some great suggestions on how to get us all "wired" together....now we just need to execute. We will work on it over the next 2 weeks. The Villa Park IT director will be on it soonest.

3. I really don't think it would be good for a Director to single out a particular player as his "favorite." Simply put, I think they all bring something special to the Team and, interestingly, highlight their talent at different times during each game.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General

Here's a thought that came to me tonight at work, don't know if its possible wih the various restrictions on cameras / photography within the ground (and I fully understand the reasons why it might not be possible). Theres a fair few of us on VillaTalk that are keen amateur photographers and if theres a few on here in our small percentage of the fan base there must be plenty more in the whole of the Villa support. An annual Villa photography competition. Now this isnt as daft and self centered as it first may appear. With all the talk of the Museum and honouring the past etc, we must also not forget the present, for the present is tommorrows past after all. It would be a great way of fans having their own way of recording their experiences and the best entries each year being kept each year by the proposed museum as a way of documenting each season from the fans perspective.

You could also invite the professional photographers that visit our ground every game to enter their own photo's in a similar parallel competition. This in itself might encourage a bit of a positive outlook from the media as it would give the photographers something extra to focus their attrention on. It can certainly do no harm but might also foster a greater deal of sympathy from certain elements of the media in time.

Within the museum concept, an exhibition once a year of the best photo's from both the amateur and professional ranks would create both an annual event / reason to visit the museum whilst also providing a ready supply of documentary history for the museum (as a part of the conditions of entry)

Such a competition could only be named after one person in my opinion and that would be Terry Weir, former official photographer of the club whose photography can be seen in the fantastic book that was published posthumously a couple of years ago. Terry was a great photographer, a Villa fan (and loyal servant of the club) plus a great character, he always had time for the fans.

Anyway, just a thought for the future but in my opinion a great way of encouraging fan participation, a good source of documentary exhibits for the proposed museum and honouring a man that deserves to be more than a footnote in the history of the club

you might not like the idea but I thought I'd run it up the flagpole anyway

General

Here's a thought that came to me tonight at work, don't know if its possible wih the various restrictions on cameras / photography within the ground (and I fully understand the reasons why it might not be possible). Theres a fair few of us on VillaTalk that are keen amateur photographers and if theres a few on here in our small percentage of the fan base there must be plenty more in the whole of the Villa support. An annual Villa photography competition. Now this isnt as daft and self centered as it first may appear. With all the talk of the Museum and honouring the past etc, we must also not forget the present, for the present is tommorrows past after all. It would be a great way of fans having their own way of recording their experiences and the best entries each year being kept each year by the proposed museum as a way of documenting each season from the fans perspective.

You could also invite the professional photographers that visit our ground every game to enter their own photo's in a similar parallel competition. This in itself might encourage a bit of a positive outlook from the media as it would give the photographers something extra to focus their attrention on. It can certainly do no harm but might also foster a greater deal of sympathy from certain elements of the media in time.

Within the museum concept, an exhibition once a year of the best photo's from both the amateur and professional ranks would create both an annual event / reason to visit the museum whilst also providing a ready supply of documentary history for the museum (as a part of the conditions of entry)

Such a competition could only be named after one person in my opinion and that would be Terry Weir, former official photographer of the club whose photography can be seen in the fantastic book that was published posthumously a couple of years ago. Terry was a great photographer, a Villa fan (and loyal servant of the club) plus a great character, he always had time for the fans.

Anyway, just a thought for the future but in my opinion a great way of encouraging fan participation, a good source of documentary exhibits for the proposed museum and honouring a man that deserves to be more than a footnote in the history of the club

That is a tremendous idea.

Stunning idea Bicks. What a wonderful tribute to Terry.

Lets be honest, the club isn't a charity. but as a "general" hint, I'd be prepared to pay more for a ticket that had some photography rights attached, even for personal use only. If I could pay a premium on a gate ticket, to access parts of the ground, perhaps with a group of others, say including a matchday tour with others, then Im sure its a small extra revenue stream to be considered.

on a more serious note, General, your comments are much appreciated by all fans I'm sure, and from the odd media report I've seen its appreciated in that area too.

As you may know, running these sites is costly and dependent on the generosity of the owners, and contributors to say nothing of those like Limpid.

is there a way the new site could be copyrighted for the benefit of the sites.

if nothing it will help in their future longevity.

General

Bicks Brilliant idea, especially naming it after Terry Weir. Good nights work! Might be worth a pint next time I see you! :lol::lol::lol:

I have to say, the fact that Bicks can have an idea at 01:46 in the morning, (and a good one at that.) and we can get a reply from the General at 11:24 on the same day is simply outstanding.

I can't think of any other business in which it would be possible for me to get that kind of acknowledgment from such a senior figure.

There are companies in this country that would consider that a legitimate length of time to keep you on hold !

If this is the way business is going to be conducted from now on, I for one am absolutely delighted.

Thanks again General, great stuff !

From what you're saying General, it sounds as if we already 'know' this man fairly well.

I know of a former manager who may be looking for a board role. Are the initials GT in the right ballpark? Hope so.......

I had the exact same thought, but was too scared to post it!!

From what you're saying General, it sounds as if we already 'know' this man fairly well.

I know of a former manager who may be looking for a board role. Are the initials GT in the right ballpark? Hope so.......

I had the exact same thought, but was too scared to post it!!

Crossed my mind as well and didn't post. It certainly sounds like we know him already and I have faith that, a) he will be a very good appointment for the club and B) we will like him.

Have the General and Randy put a foot wrong yet?