General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

No OV it shouldnt, but this design could be put forward to the people whjo actuall decide on these matters.

No one is suggesting that this WILL be the final design, but surely you must admit it is worth being seen by the right people.

I'd have thought the subject of a potential re-design should be put forward not individual designs. I actually think that a new badge would be good but think the club should decide what it looks like after taking everything into account.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

I am astounded at the two signings made this week (CEO & CFO). I never thought for a second that even you and Randy could attract these guys to the roles They are very impressive appointments and you should both be delighted. You just don't get where those guys have in their careers unless you are serious players.

I will pledge to buy 2 of the home shirts designed by Pablo and 2 away (assuming they are white!!). We need a clean bush through the club and for me the round badge in the middle is unique quirky and simple..just like us!!!

Thanks again ...you have given us Villa back.

General Krulak here:

1. It is our intent to take a hard look at multiple options re. our kit and our badge. Your recommendation is a very smart looking badge! We may well ask the fans to help on this one. Remember, Randy is a tradition man.

2. None of us were around when Doug Ellis was Chairman...and none of us want to look back. We do not "steer the ship by the wake"...we steer by the stars. Let's all look forward...what was, was. What is, is.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General,

The badge -hoo-har is my fault for doodling around with the current deisgn as alot of people on this thread were making points that the current one is bot to their liking. Must say I enjpyed doing some design for smething I'm passionate about, namely Aston Villa. It's all light-hearted and hope you can see the fun in it.

Anyway seriously, In Randy, yourself and the rest of the board, and in Martin and his team, I trust you all to move this club forward whilst respecting the traditions of the past. Suggestions? I've none really. I coudln't be happier with how things are evolving both on and off the pitch.

Stewart

General

I am astounded at the two signings made this week (CEO & CFO). I never thought for a second that even you and Randy could attract these guys to the roles They are very impressive appointments and you should both be delighted. You just don't get where those guys have in their careers unless you are serious players.

I will pledge to buy 2 of the home shirts designed by Pablo and 2 away (assuming they are white!!). We need a clean bush through the club and for me the round badge in the middle is unique quirky and simple..just like us!!!

Thanks again ...you have given us Villa back.

Oh ye of little faith! We are on our way back to the top of this country's footballing hierarchy! A lot of people won't like it and others will make jokes but we WILL have the last laugh! Again!

After 59 pages, 881 posts...

Welcome to the board General.

Oh my, what a change from the previous regime (Ellis)... I think the USA might want to make clones of you and send to Iraq...

Ok, back to topic...

General do you/board have any plans for a Villa TV channel like Manchester United, Celtic, Chelsea have?

Hate to see this thread slipping down the table, so here's a little marketing idea for the future. If the Govt do the right thing and provide funding for the revamp of New Street Station, there will be a significant opportunity to market the club. With it's position at the centre of the rail network the new station will have a foot fall to rival any shopping centre, the perfect location for a Villa presence. Imagine being able to turn up to the station and purchase a train ticket AND a match ticket.

Better still imagine being able to get off a train without having to swap five times, walk calmly to the ground, and after the match is over, walk back to the nearby station to travel back without the trogs, in comfort to pick up a straight through home.

Never happen of course but its nice to dream

Why not have live music as the half time entertainment? God knows the half time 'entertainment' is shambolic at best at VP so getting a band in to play before the game and during half time would surely be an improvement?

Plus it works both ways - big name band plays at big name team means two big fanbases get exposed to something new.

Just a thought.

You want a live band set up, then play, then packed away inside the 15 mins of half time that allows the mere mortals amogst us to queue to have a leak and a quick ciggie / balti pie before the secondhalf starts?

Why do people need entertaining at half time? try having a conversation with the complete stranger sat next to you or something if you don't need to use the bogs

takes me all my time to queue for the toilet have a ciggie and find out the half time scores.

General

A new Question (I think)

In the last few weeks of the last board they sold off the Car Park on what was the old ASDA store site , although it is still being used as a match day car park this could be short lived.

Car parking around Villa Park is always a problem area and as street parking is being reduced by the council this could cause a major problem.

When the Holt End stand planning proposal went though there were some laid down rules made by the council which I believe have not been carried out.

If we are going to apply for further developments we may run into trouble from planning, also the supporters will not appreciate walking even further.

The question is what are the boards plans for local parking at Villa Park especially if we have to stop using the ASDA.

Maybe buy up Birmingham CF ,flatten it, make it into a car park for park and ride.

Thats a good question Bob as that was my understanding too BUT I think the General stated quite early on that he can't talk about the specifics of any planning proposal in this or any other similar thread, so I doubt its possible for him to answer in a satisfactory manner right now (its to do with the rules about planning apps I think - he's not avoiding the issue)

But he may not have been aware of those council imposed restrictions so its good to bring it to his attention all the same