General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Incorporating the Browns colours into a Villa shirt, even if it's the away kit, is going a bit too far in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, the connection is great but to start using their colours in future kits??? No. Just no.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about using these designs as inspiration for a brown and orange 'one off' away kit for next season to mark the beginning of our Historic union with the Browns.

River Plate's away kit (left) AC Roma's 3rd kit (right)

camiseta02.jpg9303193.roma_away2.jpg

As for a home kit, just keep it simple - a nice deep claret body and blue sleeves, I prefer a non shiny fabric. Man I'm fussy!

It's just my opinion but opinions are what you want I guess.

imo i think if we had a 2nd away kit in there colours it would be nice.

yeh it would be okay as a third kit, i would have to trust our spnonsers will make it look good, i have a picture in my head of McCann wearing it with a brown top, white shorts and orange socks :puke:

i think those colours are more suited to american football kits than soccer ones tbh, unless its like spurs's kit which isn't THAT bad.

I have to say - the old shirts with no sponsors look so much better. Maybe we can follow Barcelona's lead and have just the club badge...

The only shirt sponsor whose logo looked good was, in my opinion, MG (and it didn't do them much good, sadly).

Going back a few pages, totally agree about the Sabbath. Geezer Butler (see avatar) is the big Villa fan among them....

I have to say - the old shirts with no sponsors look so much better. Maybe we can follow Barcelona's lead and have just the club badge...

The only shirt sponsor whose logo looked good was, in my opinion, MG (and it didn't do them much good, sadly).

Going back a few pages, totally agree about the Sabbath. Geezer Butler (see avatar) is the big Villa fan among them....

Even Barca have a sponsor now (albeit UNICEF), its the way of the world, we're going to raise money every way we can, the amount 32red paid was tiny, the next amount will be far more I'm sure.

Also its not just MG who were cursed, they all were, but I agree, it did look good.

I have no problems with a 2nd or 3rd kit having some link with the browns. I always like our white away colours but look at some of change strips (scary)..... what harm would it do to have a different colour. The 3rd jersey could be the key, a mixture of Villa and the Browns. Only wear a couple of times a year... sell them in the UK and USA..... I like it more and more.

General Krulak here:

Black Sabbath...ahhh yes! Let me look into that one. A little insider info....Randy is a brilliant musician...a guitarist that plays with some of the best ever. I mean it, he is hugely talented.

Bob Kain has a marketing background second to none. I don't want to get into his "play pen" but I do know that he is looking to expand our Brand into multiple countries and markets. He sees opportunities to link AV with the Browns in a unique way that benefits followers of each team. He is looking hard at sponsorship...in a holistic way...not just for a kit or a name on the front of a shirt. At the tactical level, just straightening out our own store...making our gear more accessible to the fan...have more variety. Someone wrote about women's panties...only thongs available. Well, after we all get a chuckle, we need to realize that this is a good suggestion. How many women like to sit on a cold seat at Villa Park wearing a thong??? I haven't taken a poll on this but....I would venture to say that not many would sign up for that adventure!!! The point is simply this: We need to be smart about how we go about marketing this wonderful brand called Aston Villa Football Club.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

have to say, regards womens clothing, my missus has been looking for some villa clothes, mainly fitted tops, that are villa related, but 'girly' and discreet...

she has only seen one that she might like, but she is a woman and likes options when it comes to her clothes...

General

I have always thought that as a Club we do not give a high enough visible acknowledgement of the honours this club has achieved over the years.

To this end could we not have a bronze statue that includes all of the major trophies won by the club i.e. European Cup, League Champions Trophy, FA Cup, League Cup. European Super Cup and probably Inter-toto. I see these being on top of the monument and faces of important players-figures from Villas history endgraved around the sides (McGregor, Saunders, Waring, Aitkin, Mortimer etc. etc.)

Location should be insight of the pitch so all players who pull on the Villa shirt can see the glories that they should try to emulate.

General

I have always thought that as a Club we do not give a high enough visible acknowledgement of the honours this club has achieved over the years.

To this end could we not have a bronze statue that includes all of the major trophies won by the club i.e. European Cup, League Champions Trophy, FA Cup, League Cup. European Super Cup and probably Inter-toto. I see these being on top of the monument and faces of important players-figures from Villas history endgraved around the sides (McGregor, Saunders, Waring, Aitkin, Mortimer etc. etc.)

Location should be insight of the pitch so all players who pull on the Villa shirt can see the glories that they should try to emulate.

Why build a statue like that now when we'll have to update it so soon? :winkold:

Hey General,

As a Employee of Villa, I was wondering if your gonna come down to the holte end box office and say hi? while we are in our porta-cabins. Love the ideas with the hotle Carpark and hotel that i have heard.

keep up the good work - only heard great things about you..

I guess most people on here have noticed, but The Sun (spit) has reported on the fact that The General is now joining in here and on Vital Villa & Heroes and Villains. Which means the Wapping Vultures are among us. Now this was inevitable, but it means we ALL - The General included - have to watch what we say. The slightest bit of ambiguity I can guarantee will be twisted into something "controversial" to sell their scandal rags. Gen Krulak - don't EVER underestimate the underhandedness of the British tabloid press. If they think they can hang you out to dry - by fair means or foul - believe me, they will.

This fan/board dialogue has been a revelation (I suspect for both parties), and has brought the club further forward than virtually anything that has happened in the last twenty years. I'd hate to see it cut short due to malicious intent and bad publicity.

I guess all I'm saying is that we all need to watch our backs from here on in.

To paraphrase a popular sig - let's keep the faith.

Mike

Hi General

As you know there a number of Official Aston Villa Supporters Clubs based upon geographical location throughout the UK and indeed the World.

Would the club consider the idea of allowing a internet based community to form an "official" supporters club? Many people linked to message boards such as Villa Talk meet up from time to time at games and for social occassions. Allowing them to form an "official" supporters club would enable them to enjoy the privileges currently available only to those linked by geographical location.

Regards

Mike McKenna

hi general

as an overseas fan the internet is the best place to keep myself up to date with current club news. we have daily articles about players but am wondering if it is possible to have a weekly updates with pictures of the training ground and how the work is coming along. as its one of the major developments currently taking place at the club right now it would be nice to know how its shaping up. all we have seen is the early drawings. if i was local id go to bodymoor to check it out myself

cheers

Hello General, what footwear do you recommend for walking ? I am a postman and haven't found ideal footwear yet. I have to walk for 4 hours, stand for 2 hours and empty sacks for a hour.

:lol:

That's one of my favourite posts in a long time!