General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

By now all have seen the announcement of both our new CEO and new CFO.

Richard Fitzgerald has been named the CEO of Aston Villa FC. Richard worked for 18 years with IMG (sports, entertainment and media group). His last assignment was as Senior VP and Head of IMG's New Media International business. His clients include the F.A. Premier League, KNVB, Manchester United FC, The Wimbledon Championship and the European Golf Tour. Richard KNOWS sports, he KNOWS the FA, he KNOWS marketing, and he lives in the UK and will be moving to Birmingham.

Robin Russell has been named the CFO. Robin served 12 years as CFO of MBNA Europe Bank, Ltd...he was the CEO whilst Randy was Chairman and I was CEO of the Bank. We know Robin very well and can assure the Fans that he is a superb choice.

These are two great individuals who will bring their immense experience and talents to our Club. You all will be happy!!!

As an aside, someone asked on another thread about salaries. Obviously I should not discuss the salaries of these two additions to the Club BUT, I can discuss the salaries of the Directors. No Director is paid!! We are doing our job for zed!! We love Aston Villa FC, we consider it an honour to be a part of Aston Villa FC and we respect Randy! That is pay enough!

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

wow....

i have hairs on the back of my neck standing up...

im lost for words, but...

wow...

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

general, something that has been mentioned on another thread about the villa badge...

can we have the "f.c." back after aston villa on our crest please?!?

it was removed when we became a plc, and it would be fantastic to have that back now...

pretty pretty please?!?

General

I dont know whether this idea is feasible but maybe it is something that you could ask the relevant people to give the once over.

As you can see from these boards alone, Villa has many, many avid fans overseas or who live some distance from Birmingham and for obvious reasons cannot attend many (if any) games each year. .

Would it be possible to offer these fans (or indeed anyone that wants to participate) a subscription service whereby they can receive on say a bi-monthly basis, a dvd/cd showing all of the clubs home games (and away?) for the proceeding two months? The scheme could be run along similar lines to mail order music or book clubs. Members would agree to commit to say a season and pay a periodic subscription. Mr.Ellis our Former :D Chairman reputedly said that the club had a worldwide database of 500,000 fans. If in reality it is 200,000 and 10% of this number subscribed to such a service, in my opinion, it could generate £1-2 million in revenue per season at substantial profit margins.

Prior to Randy's takeover when this idea was floated as a way of raising funds it received a very positive reaction from many fans that I corresponded with. I may be wrong but I dont know of any other club that offers such a service.

I realise that there maybe rights and licensing issues with Sky and other broadcasters but feel that this could be a moneyspinner for the club. Although I am a season ticket holder I for one would definitely join such a scheme and greatly enjoy building my "collection".

From a commercial perspective it would also enable Villa to build a large continuity database of subscribers from which other profitable opportunities could arise and help promote Aston Villa as an innovative and global brand.

This and other fans sites are turning into an endless source of great ideas . :D

General, it was me who brought up salaries on the other thread and i just want to say thanks for the answer, i don't want to be taken the wrong way though. I'm not concerned about the salaries, i was just interested as i was hoping it would give an insight into Randy's financial plans for the club.

But the fact you and and the other directors aren't being paid is astonishing and, as already stated hundreds of times on this thread, make this club unrecognisable from the previous regime.

Thanks again :D

General, it was me who brought up salaries on the other thread and i just want to say thanks for the answer, i don't want to be taken the wrong way though. I'm not concerned about the salaries, i was just interested as i was hoping it would give an insight into Randy's financial plans for the club.

But the fact you and and the other directors aren't being paid is astonishing and, as already stated hundreds of times on this thread, make this club unrecognisable from the previous regime.

Without sounding rude, it's not that astonishing given that their roles are non executive. Most non executives get paid very little.

I am sure there are some options or warrants in there somewhere though!

:winkold:

Without sounding rude, it's not that astonishing given that their roles are non executive. Most non executives get paid very little.

No need to pass the collection tin around then? :D

I'm so pleased to finally have people with knowledge, skill, business sense, and general greatness running the show.

Correct TT.

What is astonishing is that the General, on behalf of Randy and the new board, takes time out to talk to us and keep us informed, something which the previous well paid board members probably never even considered.

Once again General I thank you.

Correct TT.

What is astonishing is that the General, on behalf of Randy and the new board, takes time out to talk to us and keep us informed, something which the previous well paid board members probably never even considered.

Once again General I thank you.

And with that I wholeheartedly agree!

General not sure how to contact you personally, sorry if this is changing the subject but I was wondering if you or any other of the new personell at VP were aware that we've come up with a new song for the Club, which we're looking into getting recorded. I did contact Phil Mepham who said he liked it and another VT member is trying to move this forward with JF from Vital Football as well with the local radio stations.

If you'd like anymore details you can PM me of course.

Julie

General, 3 things:

1) This is the first time I have posted on this thread, and I just want to say I think it is brilliant that you are posting on here and elsewhere.

2) The new appointments sound absolutely superb. Yet another job wonderfully done.

3) Do you know any real-life Sheriffs? :P

General Krulak here:

TT, as an aside, I am on 3 Corporate Boards as a Non-Executive Director and get paid for all of them. I am not sure if that is "typical" for the UK (although our Bank in the UK certainly paid its Non-Executive Directors) but it is certainly the way it is done in the US. I mentioned this point, not to ask for donations or to pass the offering plate but, rather, to indicate to the Fans that YOUR Directors are serving out of our immense respect for Randolph D. Lerner (Randy)and for the love of Football in general and Aston Villa in particular.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

....YOUR Directors are serving out of our immense respect for Randolph D. Lerner (Randy)and for the love of Football in general and Aston Villa in particular....

It shows. And it's enormously re-assuring and impressive.

So far, at least, you (all) have not put a foot wrong and have done so much right, it's been outstanding.

Compared to what went before it's frankly mind boggling.

If someone were to do a case study into how to take over and revitalise a football club they just would not find a better example, or better people.

What comes across is not just professionalism, not just courtesy, not just open-ness and imagination and energy, but genuine excitement and joy.

And to be honest, while having real top quality people in control of things is hugely re-assuring, it's the obvious respect and affection for the club and appreciation of everyone involved with the club that provides the real bonus reward for us long suffering Villans.

There have been many discussions in tha past about "who would you like to see running the club? - should they be fans, or businessmen with acumen, or...whatever"

We appear to have got all those and more.

As with players, who earn high wages, people don't begrudge them a penny when they do well, and will always accept those who give their all, but the ones that linger long in the affections of the fans are those that form an affinity with the club and a bond with the supporters through doing more than earning their wages.

People who show they care as much as we do about the club are a part of "us".

Cloud nine is a nice place to be, isn't it.

General,

Like others, I'm more excited about the progress of the club than ever before. Thanks for your input and enthusiasm - to have a director come on more or less straight away to explain and support a club announcement is excellent. I don't know how you're going to make something of all the suggestions but believe you'll find a way... so here's another one which I haven't seen mentioned yet:

I have a 10 year old son and we've both become season ticket holders this year for the first time (the family area idea is excellent). Most School holidays, he goes along to a soccer camp week of various clubs who put them on. Of course, I'm always hoping someone will take me aside and ask to sign him up for the Villa(!) but most of all, they're a fantastic way of local kids connecting with a club. The kids see this as being part of the club - winning a shoot out competition or a trophy is a big deal. However, we live in Solihull and (I'm afraid to say) he usually has to attend a camp of another club. Villa maybe turn up in the area a couple of times a year.

- Birmingham City always run a soccer school in our area every single school holiday. They're always well attended and generally the best value.

- Manchester United seem to have a world wide network and arrive once a year. They put on the best run event and are always sold out - the staff, content, equipment and organisation (unfortunately) set them apart.

Can you please look into further developing the Villa brand and building our fan base through Villa soccer camps:

- Putting on the best across the West Midlands (at least).

- Staging a regular / permanent camp in each key West Midland locality at every School holiday

- Running them with specially trained Staff - not just for football skills but also how to best interact with kids

- Offering ways to get involved in other club events / membership / match day promotions etc

- Possibly even occasional player appearances for prize giving etc.

Villa camps are OK but could be so much better. We're missing a big opportunity to feed fans in from an early age. In his school year, he's the only Villa fan and it was at times tough keeping him true to the cause! Much as I get some consolation from sending him along to a Blues or Man United camp in his Villa kit, I'd far rather give the money to the Villa revolution!!

Thanks.