General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

The fact that the General is taking time out to talk to us lot when he almost certainly has better things to do is mind boggling enough.

But to learn he's doing it for free makes it that bit more amazing.

I must admit my first thoughts were that the general was coming here and saying all these nice things because RAL's PR department have told him to (no offence Mr Krulak).

But I am changing my mind now.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

However, we live in Solihull and (I'm afraid to say) he usually has to attend a camp of another club. Villa maybe turn up in the area a couple of times a year.

-

Villa camps are OK but could be so much better. We're missing a big opportunity to feed fans in from an early age. In his school year, he's the only Villa fan and it was at times tough keeping him true to the cause! Much as I get some consolation from sending him along to a Blues or Man United camp in his Villa kit, I'd far rather give the money to the Villa revolution!!

Thanks.

and that is the proof in the pudding that our club has been rotting away gradually. The only Villa fan in the year despite being 10 miles or so from Villa Park!!!. Kids are now glory hunters or knuckle draggers. 20 or so years ago when I grew up in Solihull it was more or less 50/50 Villa or Blues with the odd Manure/Scouser fan

General Krulak here:

TT, as an aside, I am on 3 Corporate Boards as a Non-Executive Director and get paid for all of them. I am not sure if that is "typical" for the UK (although our Bank in the UK certainly paid its Non-Executive Directors) but it is certainly the way it is done in the US. I mentioned this point, not to ask for donations or to pass the offering plate but, rather, to indicate to the Fans that YOUR Directors are serving out of our immense respect for Randolph D. Lerner (Randy)and for the love of Football in general and Aston Villa in particular.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General,

In my experience non exec directors over here receive a nominal salary for their input and I would have expected the same for you guys. The fact that you are working out of love and respect for Randy and AVFC alone makes it even more special.

We are honoured to have you all on board, you are truly a Villan now. It is time for you to join us on the Holte when you are next over and we'll have a sing song and a balti pie.

And maybe a pint. :D

Far too many Knuckledraggers in the Solihull/Chelmsley area................Villa need to work on that

Too right Rob! I'm born and bred from the Wood and now live in Marston, and frankly I can't be doing with them.

General,

How about a system where if you buy the same season ticket over a number of years you get it a little bit cheaper each season ?

So maybe someone buys a seat thats £400, but because its their 5th year in the seat and they get £10 off a year, they get it for £350. A bit like the no-claims bonus on your car insurance. You'd have to have a ceiling on the discount obviously, no ones expecting you to make a loss, but it's a great way of rewarding loyalty, and cutting down on the number of lapsed season ticket holders.

It would also remove the slight difficulty in offering special single match discounts to non season ticket holders which often cause a wee bit of jealousy amongst those that have already paid for a season ticket.

Up the Villa,

OBE

How about a system where if you buy the same season ticket over a number of years you get it a little bit cheaper each season ?

not a bad idea. maybe a one off reduction for renewing, rather than incremental would be more financially acceptable.

although, companies tend to make special offers to attract new business, rather than keep what they have.

look at sky.

got sky digital and want to upgrade to sky+? then you can buy the box

new subscriber? have it free or heavily discounted.

though skys record of treating existing subscribers is poor generally.

hope the general can reassure us that USA style customer service is coming to villa park, rather than the 'shut up and have what you are given' style of service prevalent here in the UK

General Krulak here:

Each game day that I am in UK (often), I go down to the Ticket Office and sit with our people on the phone and in the booth...I have been very impressed with their "customer service". There is no question that they are deep into the Villa pride and I think that they are intent on doing a good job. We can listen to the people on the phones without them knowing we are listening and they honestly do a good job. That is not to say that we don't have a way to go...but I do believe we have great people.

General Krulak here:

1. The youth team issue...absolutely new issue to me. I appreciate the view from the fan and can understand the frustration. Let me look into this one. To me, it makes no sense at all to have other Clubs offering "camps" to our fans!!

2. All ticket pricing ideas are welcome. We are putting them in a list and looking at them holistically. There are some good ideas.

General Krulak here:

Each game day that I am in UK (often), I go down to the Ticket Office and sit with our people on the phone and in the booth...I have been very impressed with their "customer service". There is no question that they are deep into the Villa pride and I think that they are intent on doing a good job. We can listen to the people on the phones without them knowing we are listening and they honestly do a good job. That is not to say that we don't have a way to go...but I do believe we have great people.

didnt wish to infer individuals at VP were not doing a good job. more a comment on the corporate mentality in the UK.

guess you are not in the UK at the moment, otherwise Mrs Krulak might have something to say about you posting on internet sites at 2.00 am :D

General Krulak here:

didnt wish to infer individuals at VP were not doing a good job. more a comment on the corporate mentality in the UK.

guess you are not in the UK at the moment, otherwise Mrs Krulak might have something to say about you posting on internet sites at 2.00 am :D

I was wondering if the General ever sleeps but figured he isn't over here! Don't forget, Mrs K. is "harder than woodpecker lips", so I don't see our hero being foolish enough to incur her wrath! Christ, for what you have done for us so far we should send her some flowers because I'm sure you have put some hours in over the past few months. Obviously, I don't expect you to offer an address up but perhaps the mods (or at least JC) could arrange it that we could make a gesture of our appreciation somehow? I am sure neither you or Randy would accept anything personally but some floral gestures to your loved ones would surely be good.

General Krulak,

Since it is Thanksgiving Day on Thursday, November 23rd, in the USA, so many Villa Fans are more than Thankful that you, Randy Lerner, Martin O'Neill and your colleagues on the new Board of Directors at Villa Park have joined our community.

When you sit with your families and friends on Thursday we want you to know that many of us are sending you our Thanks for what you have achieved and will achieve in the coming years with us.

We wish you a peaceful, happy holiday and also wish your Father good health and happiness.

Thank You!

Dear General

My wifes friend has a seriously ill daughter with West syndrome she is 8 years old and is wheelchair bound and totally helpless to look after herself , her mother is holding a charity evening in febfuary to raise money to take her to the USA to swim with dolphins. She has written to all the local football clubs a while ago asking for a little something to raffle at the evening. West bromwich,Wolves and Birmingham have all sent signed items to raffle but i was horrified as a life long Villa fan to find that the only club not to send anything was my own. Shamed by smaller clubs, a signed ball ,pennant etc...... was this too much to ask ? Could you possibly help , if you require her personal details i can PM you.

(Granted if something has already been sent i sincerely appologise)

signed a shamed Villa fan.

Dear General

My wifes friend has a seriously ill daughter with West syndrome she is 8 years old and is wheelchair bound and totally helpless to look after herself , her mother is holding a charity evening in febfuary to raise money to take her to the USA to swim with dolphins. She has written to all the local football clubs a while ago asking for a little something to raffle at the evening. West bromwich,Wolves and Birmingham have all sent signed items to raffle but i was horrified as a life long Villa fan to find that the only club not to send anything was my own. Shamed by smaller clubs, a signed ball ,pennant etc...... was this too much to ask ? Could you possibly help , if you require her personal details i can PM you.

(Granted if something has already been sent i sincerely appologise)

signed a shamed Villa fan.

I saw this and had to register I am in no way saying that you are lying I am more reassuring you that our great club wouldnt do this willingly and I'm sure now that it is raised you will certainly get something. My girlfriend works for a PR consultancy that are always doing charity events for various causes, she is an Albion fan but she always says that Villa are the best for giving things - she has received numerous signed items (of which I would have liked to steal them all) and many many match tickets. Also my mom works in care(she is a Blues fan, lucky escape me thinks) and a couple of years ago they asked the local clubs for anuthing they could offer and they gave her care home TWO full season tickets

Also the missus has stated on a couple of occasions that Blues have sent her a letter back saying that they can have something signed but they need to PURCHASE the item from the clubshop !!!

I would also be ashamed if our club didnt offer anything for such a worthy cause, so I'm sure the general can sort that out :)

Dear General,

Thank you, i like all my fellow Villa fans realise that without your country and their military help in WWII we would all now be speaking German.

As a member of the armed forces we have so much to thank you for already, but now you have come along and saved us all again....we will be eternally grateful for everything you have done for us, for freeing us of the evil tyranny of Ellis (most definately worse than Hitler ever was!!!)we thank you from the bottom of our heart.

We love you General, we really really love you.

general, we have been looking at a new design for our crest and i have come up with a new design that i think incorporates all our heritage and tradition, but is also modern...

i think this incorporates everything that we as a club, stand for and a new design would symbolise our change under the new regime....

wondered if you would consider using the design on next years shirt...

crest1a.gif

(ps, i wouldnt charge you for the design and would sign over all copyright to the club... it would be an honour and privilege enough to have my design on the shirt of the club i love...)

I feel that our badge is long overdue a re-design and think that Pablo's effort is fantastic - all my villa mates who have seen the design agree, there does seem to be a consenus building for a return to the circular badge - particually in time for the 25th aniversary of the clubs finest hour. General please take note.