General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up the good work ,that is aimed at all of us the players,the board,and the fans,together we can make villa great again.

One question for the General what ground capacity do you envisiage villa needing to have to compete at the highest level,and how quickly do you think that could be acheived.

My 93 (soon to be 94) father now is the proud owner of an Aston Villa Game Kit!! His legs don't look too good but the rest looks great!!

That is awesome General Krulak. Please tell your father from us that if Chris Sutton can score goals for Aston Villa there is no reason why we couldn't expect MON to show your Dad how to do the same on the beaches of San Diego. By the same token you would look pretty cool yourself if you wore the away strip when you go surfing in Hawaii or SoCal ;)

The only one that is different is the two Purple Hearts for being wounded....and that is just because I was dumb enough to not get out of the way of a bullet. Bottom Line: I owe everything to the Marines I served with.

Since it was Veterans Day yesterday in the US, there are many of us older fans who either served or who had fathers/grandfathers who served like mine did in the Two World Wars in the British Navy or the Army and " WE WILL REMEMBER THEM"

They were ALL Aston Villa fans I might add! Furthermore, any man or woman who devotes themselves to the service of their country and sustains injury or worse should be given all the honour and respect that that service deserves.

For my part I don't agree with the poster that tried to differentiate between the values of medals of any nation. In my opinion Service is Service and is to be respected at all times whatever nation one serves. Bullet's do not have any national preference !

Your comment about not getting out of the way of the bullets reminded me of President Reagan's comment to Nancy Reagan when he was recovering from the assasination attempt in the 80's where he said "Nancy, I forgot to Duck!"

His comment like yours while humourous was nevertheless humble.

What are your plan's for Thanksgiving General Krulak?

For our part we will attempt to start the week well fo you by supporting Aston Villa to serve up a plate of Wigan turkey's.

Prepared

.... I am referring to our club motto not the turkeys ;)

General,

One thing that does concern me is MON's contract. There is talk of him being called up as the next England manager if as expected Steve McClaren gets the sack, which he will sooner rather than later. There is also the quesiton of other club's poaching him, Newcastle, Manchester Utd (once Fergie retires, nothing lasts forever, including angry scottish managers).

Are there plans in place to give MON an extended contract to prevent such a thing happening, or inserting a clause in his contract to prevent him being poached?

General Krulak here:

1. Re contract for MON. I think Randy and Martin have been very clear on this subject. They both believe that a contract...long or short...is not as important as a relationship built upon trust, respect and common goals. If they felt that the contract was a key point, then they would get on it. They both feel that what is important is the relationship. They have discussed this at length and both have made public statements. My belief is that we take them at face value...both can be trusted. What is key is that they both know there will be some "bumps in the road" going forward...both on the pitch and off the pitch. The key is that they trust and respect each other....and with that as a foundation, the bumps will smooth out.

2. The 11th of November is a key day in both of our Countries. A time to remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. We are working on some way to recognize those who serve by a special ticket price...something to say thank you to our men and women in the Forces.

3. We do have an individual who is tasked to work with the families of our players...to make their transition easier and friendlier. I call her the "Team Mum." She is truly magnificent.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General, what American sports sides do you support?

Are there any plans to get involved with the 3 local universities in Birmingham: Aston, UCE and Birmingham, all get plenty of foreign students and would possibly like to watch Premiership football?

What are the chances of us setting up Saturday morning football academies in areas such as Kingstanding, Erdington, Great Barr etc, some already exist and are ran independatly but perhaps they could be supported by Villa instead?

Are feeder clubs being looked into? Walsall perhaps?

Any chance you could allow all football sim/management games to be officialy be licensed by Villa, such as Football Manager, Pro Evolution Soccer etc

Can we have a new and improved official website, one that isnt supported by premier.tv or what ever its called.

Can the Villan radio station be bought back so it can be listened to on Sky Digital.

General Krulak here:

GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOHHHHRRRRAAAAHHHH!!!! I LOVE IT! MON AND HIS CLARET AND BLUE ARMY WERE SUPERB!!!!!!!!

Why did Randy buy the Club? Well, for one reason...so he could be with you today and watch a good Team, managed by a superb leader, go to someone's home pitch and win!! Randy is a business man but he is also a Sports Fan. He went to school in UK, worked with me in UK, has always loved football...and what better Team to be with than Aston Villa with its tradition and ethos. He is not here to lose money and with his savvy, he won't. BUT, the fact is, he does love the game and he loves Aston Villa. I know it is hard to believe that it can be that simple, but you are dealing with pretty simple people...people who wear their emotions on their sleeves and who love the game and OUR Club. You are just going to have to deal with us crazy Yanks.

What a great post! I've had the most amazing week following the Villa with my sons. We went to Vp to see us beat Blackburn, to Chelsea to witness the awesome Villa army at our very best, and to Everton to be part of another outstanding display by the Villa away fans (the team did well too!) General you have given us our pride back, keep up the motivational posting.

Those who saw the Villa army marching out of Goodison Park yesterday singing in concert at the top of our voices, at the end of another fantastic day could have no doubt that something special is happening at Aston Villa.

General, it has been mentioned to me that there is a possibility of a fans forum taking place with fans being invited to give their opinion on things at Villa Park, improvements to be made etc.

Is this still in the pipeline?

General Krulak here:

1. I support the Browns (obviously), the New York Yankees and the Baltimore Orioles, The Naval Academy Lacrosse and Football Teams, and Aston Villa in every location in the world.

2. Lots of effort will be made to garner fans from the youth in and around Birmingham...to include colleges and universities. We would love to start our fans at age 6 months and take them thru to my father's age!

3. There WILL be fan forums.

4. My father in the Villa Kit is only outdone by me in my kilt!! That is a sight to see. And for our Scottish Fans who wonder what Clan the name Krulak comes from....the Marine Corps was awarded the "Leatherneck Tartan" after fighting alongside their Scot "brothers" in the Korean War...and so my Kilt is in that tartan.

Hi again, General,

(still pinching my arms thinking of a Villaboard-member posting here. You, general, is already a legend together with mr Lernaer, IMO.)

Just a question about transfer-policy. Will MON be given a certain amount of money to buy players for or will he give you a list of players he wants and then for you to decide wether the money are there to get them or not?

General Krulak here:

1. I support the Browns (obviously), the New York Yankees and the Baltimore Orioles, The Naval Academy Lacrosse and Football Teams, and Aston Villa in every location in the world.

Ah, the Orioles, "my" baseball team - the reason being that my sister-in-law and her husband live in Baltimore. Unfortunately, I haven't seen 'em "in the flesh" since way back in 1989, at the old Memorial Stadium - a pretty tame surrender to the Milwaukee Brewers, unfortunately, but hey, we had a few beers to compensate. Cal Ripken, what a player.

Up the Villa.

Mike

Hi General,

I went to Everton yesterday - was you and Randy there?

Just want to say thanks (again) for what you, Randy, the manager and the players are doing at the moment.

I could clearly see there was a lot of passion on and off the pitch and things are looking really good. You can't put a price on team spirit etc... and it was great to see the players so animated after the game.

I'm loving it!!!! :-)

Hey General,

Being as VT users are often distinguishable by their taste in music what bands/artists do you listen to?

What made you join the army?

Non footballing questions I know but figured I'd take the time to get to know the board as people rather than merely footballing/businessmen

General,

As always, many thanks for your contact and answers on this site, indeed any Villa site !

The transparency shown from yourself to talk about Villa matters is so refreshing and something Villa fans need to get use to.

If we do tour in America next year, then count me in, i have enjoyed some fantastic times over there and i just need the slightest excuse to visit again so please continue your good work with the information you pass on to us all and i hope to see you in the USA next year !

Up The Villa,

Derek.

General,

I read the brilliant interview you did on another site. I have been thinking about the brand of Aston Villa and the many ways in which this could be maximised all over the world. For years our marketing and commercial departments have been inaffective, lacked imagination and have been deviod of any innovative ideas in this area, even getting us out sufficiently in the UK.

I absolutely understand we've only just begun the process but what new areas do you forsee us going into to maximise the commercial brand potential of Aston Villa? No doubt Mr Kain's experience offers us a huge advantage and ensures no stone will be left unturned in the quest to see this is done but in what areas will we see the major advancement of the Aston Villa brand?

Best regards,

Mark Jones

I support......the New York Yankees and the Baltimore Orioles

:puke:

GO BRAVES!!!!!

Tomahawk chop to you my friend, I'll never forget that 96 series. 2-0 up at Yankee stadium coming home to Fulton, only for the Spankees to swipe 4 on the trot........ :cry:

But feel welome to model Villa on the NYY though :winkold:

General with ref to your idea for cheap tickets for service personnel ,,,, yes please !! I was over in florida last year and took full advantage of the 'Salute to the Hero's campaign that Budweiser run in their theme parks,, where servicemen and their families get in for nothing. When we were in the 'Shamoo' theatre in sea world the staff asked all the visiting sailors to stand up and we were given a rapturous round of applause by the 3000 people surrounding us, very very humbling ,, brought a tear to my eye i can tell you !!

If you can bring that to villa park (not shamoo !) it would spark off a reaction across every football ground and bring a wave of support for the military in this country,,,, yes please General !!

Dear General. A big hello from Kathmandu, Nepal. Actually Leicester, England at the moment...anyway

FYI - Black Sabbath is a band from Aston that is enshrined at the R&R Hall of Fame in Cleveland, whose members are big Villa supporters. It would be perfect to have a Black Sabbath song playing as the players walkout on to the field with a montage of the clubs' greatest triumphs playing on the video screens. It would instill fear in the hearts of our opponents.

General Krulak here:

Black Sabbath...ahhh yes! Let me look into that one. A little insider info....Randy is a brilliant musician...a guitarist that plays with some of the best ever. I mean it, he is hugely talented.

Bob Kain has a marketing background second to none. I don't want to get into his "play pen" but I do know that he is looking to expand our Brand into multiple countries and markets. He sees opportunities to link AV with the Browns in a unique way that benefits followers of each team. He is looking hard at sponsorship...in a holistic way...not just for a kit or a name on the front of a shirt. At the tactical level, just straightening out our own store...making our gear more accessible to the fan...have more variety. Someone wrote about women's panties...only thongs available. Well, after we all get a chuckle, we need to realize that this is a good suggestion. How many women like to sit on a cold seat at Villa Park wearing a thong??? I haven't taken a poll on this but....I would venture to say that not many would sign up for that adventure!!! The point is simply this: We need to be smart about how we go about marketing this wonderful brand called Aston Villa Football Club.