General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

tbf i probably wouldn't give a toss if we had terracing in the lower north stand, because its a shit stand anyway, but i take it your on about putting it in the lower holte, IMO that would take a very good stand and ruining it.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General with ref to your idea for cheap tickets for service personnel ,,,, yes please !! I was over in florida last year and took full advantage of the 'Salute to the Hero's campaign that Budweiser run in their theme parks,, where servicemen and their families get in for nothing. When we were in the 'Shamoo' theatre in sea world the staff asked all the visiting sailors to stand up and we were given a rapturous round of applause by the 3000 people surrounding us, very very humbling ,, brought a tear to my eye i can tell you !!

If you can bring that to villa park (not shamoo !) it would spark off a reaction across every football ground and bring a wave of support for the military in this country,,,, yes please General !!

We were there in (Shamu Stadium) August 2005 & gotta admit, that brought a massive lump to my throat. Very stirring stuff. Felt very proud just to be applauding you lads so I can imagine how you felt. O & yes we got very wet

General with ref to your idea for cheap tickets for service personnel ,,,, yes please !! I was over in florida last year and took full advantage of the 'Salute to the Hero's campaign that Budweiser run in their theme parks,, where servicemen and their families get in for nothing. When we were in the 'Shamoo' theatre in sea world the staff asked all the visiting sailors to stand up and we were given a rapturous round of applause by the 3000 people surrounding us, very very humbling ,, brought a tear to my eye i can tell you !!

If you can bring that to villa park (not shamoo !) it would spark off a reaction across every football ground and bring a wave of support for the military in this country,,,, yes please General !!

We were there in (Shamu Stadium) August 2005 & gotta admit, that brought a massive lump to my throat. Very stirring stuff. Felt very proud just to be applauding you lads so I can imagine how you felt. O & yes we got very wet

General K . Little bit surprised you havent commented on this one ,,, prob missed it amongst the massive amount of contributions to this thread.

I think this gentlemans comments show just how successful such a simple idea could be ,, sir.

Hi General......... a little humble request. Would you be able to include on the "voting machine" a question about the re-introduction of safe-standing areas or terracing just to gauge the fans opinion?

I'm aware the FA have made safe-standing a difficult thing to implement but if there was large support from the fanbase maybe it would be worth approaching the FA later on down the line with a view to relaxing the regulations.

Thanks once again for taking time out to talk to "us lot".

:D

Sorry Jimmy it just aint gonna happen i think, if there was a vote it would lose.

Okay, here's a suggestion which may produce divided opinions amongst fans but how about for one season only we play in an away kit with Browns colours on it to celebrate this new union with our friends across the pond. Okay brown and orange! sounds bad but I'm sure it could be done tastefully, thoughts?

Okay that's one Yes three No's. I'm not fussed, I think it could be done well if the design and fit was good. I like the tight shirts the Italians tend to wear, like Roma, who I think wear a very nice Brown away shirt if I'm not mistaken?

Whilst I'm on the subject of shirts I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Villa originally ordered brown shirts but when they arrived the shirts were claret and blue and of course the rest is history. Did I dream this one up or has anybody else read this story?

I am not fussed - and I am not too sure about complete look - but I do think perhaps an attempt at least to incorporate something wouldn't hurt on the away kit?

Can't be any worse than the bloody yellow we have had which I personally detested.

I like the tight shirts the Italians tend to wear, like Roma, who I think wear a very nice Brown away shirt if I'm not mistaken?

i don't, if you've got a bit of weight on you, they ain't too comfy, i hated the material of last seasons that wasn't a tight fit but had a quite tight material, this seasons is good though

Whilst I'm on the subject of shirts I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Villa originally ordered brown shirts but when they arrived the shirts were claret and blue and of course the rest is history. Did I dream this one up or has anybody else read this story?

Don't know. My understanding is the colours followed this pattern:

Aston-Villa-Shirt-Poster-18.jpg

General Krulak here:

1. The idea of a recognition of those men and women of the Forces serving in harm's way is a GREAT one!!!! Let me work on it.

2. The picture of the various kits over the years....I know I am a new but....where can I get a blown-up picture of that? I am sure that Randy would like to see it as we move forward with potential new sponsors, etc.

3. I would like to say something about the Browns. A few games ago, the great fans in the Holte End had a Cleveland Browns banner flying...it made MULTIPLE Us papers and put a HUGE smile on Randy's face. One of the reasons Randy brought over the Kellen Winslow US Football Shirt was to help make a connection. I am not sure he would ever break the Claret and Blue tradition...nor would I recommend it...but I live for the day that a Villa Flag flies in Cleveland and the Cleveland Browns at VP. If we have a US tour, I can promise that Cleveland will be on the trip.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General Krulak here:

3. I would like to say something about the Browns. A few games ago, the great fans in the Holte End had a Cleveland Browns banner flying...it made MULTIPLE Us papers and put a HUGE smile on Randy's face. One of the reasons Randy brought over the Kellen Winslow US Football Shirt was to help make a connection. I am not sure he would ever break the Claret and Blue tradition...nor would I recommend it...but I live for the day that a Villa Flag flies in Cleveland and the Cleveland Browns at VP. If we have a US tour, I can promise that Cleveland will be on the trip.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

Hi General - I hope you are well.

Claret and Blue should never be messed with, but - as a second kit, like our current white kit - it may be possible to incorporate elements of the Browns colours

Nothing to obvious, but maybe orange piping or something, I dont know :)

Thanks for posting on here - its such a great gesture