Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. I am hoping it's because we have gone for our first target eg someone like Douglas. In reality I.imagine it's because we can't shift the shit.

Vlaar is a much better player than Douglas. Douglas is extremely unreliable.....he makes at least 1 weird mistake every game and also picks up too many red cards.

So imagine if Dunne and Douglas were our first choice centreback partnership. :shock:

Feyenoord looking and sounding a bit desperate, Villa playing it cool and will sort it if they choose to, whenever they choose to, Vlaar hedging his bets. Nothing really to see, if it hadn't been for the photo and Feyenoord's desperation it would all be quiet.

What. Bizarre way of conducting a transfer. If we weren't dead serious what wad the point of bringing him here, disrupting feyenoords preperations and then leaving them in the lurch. I wasn't that fussed about the player himself, only plays on average 16 games a season due to injurys. Not really what we need. Go for ramis instead.

Surely with the sort of money going round the premiership this pittance required to sign Vlaar isn't whats holding Villa up?

I think they may have underestimated the situation Vlaar is in. Nobody expected him to make a move before his contract expires, owning to his knees, his private affairs, his poor performance at the euros and his much better chances of bagging a bonus signing free agent next year. When Villa came along for this chat that Lambert has thought it was, and Ron seeing his mate Karim signing for them at three, four times his current wages, he thought that maybe this was his once in a lifetime opportunity. Let's be honest and say that Man City is not exactly queuing up to sign him, are they?

So when Villa thought we'll see after we get back from sixflags, Vlaar and his manager got worried. His boss got impatient. They have been reassuring him next year is a better time for him anyway and he should try and lead us into the Champions League, then next year he will be able to cash in on a move to a better club than Villa.

Sorry, not to be disrespectful with that last sentence, but I think that is the reality we are all in.

Feyenoord looking and sounding a bit desperate, Villa playing it cool and will sort it if they choose to, whenever they choose to, Vlaar hedging his bets. Nothing really to see, if it hadn't been for the photo and Feyenoord's desperation it would all be quiet.

We have one of the most important games in recent history coming up in about a weeks time. We are playing Dinamo Kiev in the Champions League qualifying round on the 31st. Vlaar is our captain and there just needs to be clarity about his transfer situation. You cannot lose your captain 2 days before that game when he's been an integral part in pre-season. We can now focus on our last friendly with Mallorca, Vlaar will be playing and hopefully we are ready to compete with Kiev.

Villa had more than enough time to complete the transfer and I'm happy Ron Vlaar has shown love and commitment to our club by calling everything off.

@doewap:

Ron Vlaar is not a free agent next year. His contract expires in 2014.

You're right, Feyenoord. I got confused.

Takes the point out of my arguments a bit I guess.

Probably then, Vlaar feels he owes it to the fans.

What a guy. Every club would want to see a captain like that don't you agree?

Looks like it's off for now then, odd one.. Hope we go after Douglas, he is a more dynamic cb anyway..

He is more dynamic but he's also more unreliable and error prone, takes longer vacations without informing the club, needs agry management classes and needs to learn how to pass a ball over 5 yards.

It seems we have no buyers for dunne or Collins and randy must have said no need for another cb if you can't unload another. Come on Mon.. take your shit back.

We have one of the most important games in recent history coming up in about a weeks time. We are playing Dinamo Kiev in the Champions League qualifying round on the 31st. Vlaar is our captain and there just needs to be clarity about his transfer situation. You cannot lose your captain 2 days before that game when he's been an integral part in pre-season. We can now focus on our last friendly with Mallorca, Vlaar will be playing and hopefully we are ready to compete with Kiev.

Villa had more than enough time to complete the transfer and I'm happy Ron Vlaar has shown love and commitment to our club by calling everything off.

Not doubting it mate, last thing you want is to lose the skipper or any important player so close to a big game. Hence my comment that Feyenoord are getting desperate for some kind of resolution, one way or another.

So if Richard was wrong about this then he might have had bad info regarding Lambert getting backed? no evidence so far to suggest PL is being heavily backed

Or he was just guessing? Like most of the supposed itk's do and hope they get a hit.

So if Richard was wrong about this then he might have had bad info regarding Lambert getting backed? no evidence so far to suggest PL is being heavily backed

Or he was just guessing? Like most of the supposed itk's do and hope they get a hit.

Yep... called out by the looks of it. One guess too many and the rep has gone up in smoke

This US tour is a bloody joke

We could have played mediocre teams in the uk save travelling 4000 miles and been about to continue transfer activity

It's don't understand why someone else at the club can't conduct the over seeing of the transfer? Faulkner?

A tour to the states is as much about business as getting the squad fit, I would have though to make the most of any business oppourtunities, Faulkner would have to be on the trip as well.

I think people are worrying too much, If the deal gets done then great I think Vlaar is a good defender, but his fitness record is terrible, so signing him is a considerable risk in my book. I won't lose any sleep over this deal whatever happens. As even though his injury record is terrible he won't be on too high a wage, and his fee would at most be 3.5 million pounds as the Feynoord chairman has already stated its a 4 million euro buyout clause.