Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

It makes you wonder how many players are spoken to where an interest is then not followed up. If it wasn't for a cheeky snap of the bloke then nobody would have known about the deal.

Yep 100% this.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of shite, Villa should have either said to him they weren't gonna pursue the transfer further or just paid up. Surely we could have waited if we have no money for wages right now instead of inviting to Villa Park the other week.

I think PL is likely to be telling Vlaar's agent to cool his heals and what on Earth is the rush?

Looking at it, Feyenoord are the ones who keeping chirping away trying to rush the deal as they're desperate for cash. How many times have you read little tibbits from Feyenoord officials this past week?

Sure we are a tad short on cash, but not desperate as Feyenoord have already done all the transfers that the club wanted. This one is unwanted, and therefore Feyenoord wants it over and done with. Now we have a lot of talk and no action, while the boss needs to prep the squad for CL qualification against Dynamo Kyiv, not exactly a piece of cake for us.

Vlaar, having forfeited two seasons in the past due to knee injuries, will never be disloyal and sides up with his benefactor of 7 years. Next year, being free of any transfer fee, he will as I said before, have clubs like Villa falling over eachother to pay him a signing bonus.

Despite this, I don't believe a second that Villa and Vlaar would be unable to agree mutually acceptable wages.

By the way about the cash troubles, over the last two years a group of wealthy fans have collected more than 30 million euro for the club, to ease its trouble maintaining both the license and the first squad.

They expect to be able to get 35-40 in total before the end of the season. That means that for a period of three years they will have collected roughly a million per month.

Just pointing out that money is not the issue, at least not for Feyenoord in this particular case.

Ron Vlaar says any possible transfer to Aston Villa is 'off for now' and the defender plans to focus on his current club Feyenoord.

The Netherlands international travelled to England a week ago to hold talks with Villa manager Paul Lambert regarding a possible move to the Premier League.

Vlaar subsequently admitted it would be a 'dream come true' to join Villa, but Feyenoord have not received any contact since the player's meeting with Lambert.

The Dutch club have been critical of Villa over the weekend and coach Ronald Koeman had set a deadline of Monday for their English counterparts to make a decision regarding Vlaar.

Koeman also suggested that he thought the centre-half would be leaving De Kuip, but Vlaar now appears resigned to staying with Feyenoord.

"Feyenoord is in my heart and I have been through a lot here," Vlaar told RTV Rijnmond.

"I think the chance I will move to Aston Villa is not so big anymore.

"I don't want to be kept on a leash, so a transfer is off for now."

Sky Sports: VIlla Move Off For Now

Here are the quotes.

This US tour is a bloody joke

We could have played mediocre teams in the uk save travelling 4000 miles and been about to continue transfer activity

Yawn.....

You'd have moaned if we were facing Stalybridge, Tiverton and an Ashby-De la-Zouch select XI.

Nothing ever goes exactly to plan where transfers are converned - the season is still a whopping 27 days away. It's not as if we've only got a day before the transfer window closes (there's only 40 days to go - panic!).

We could have played mediocre teams in the uk save travelling 4000 miles and been about to continue transfer activity

Yawn.....

You'd have moaned if we were facing Stalybridge, Tiverton and an Ashby-De la-Zouch select XI.

Nothing ever goes exactly to plan where transfers are converned - the season is still a whopping 27 days away. It's not as if we've only got a day before the transfer window closes (there's only 40 days to go - panic!).

Are you saying that Sue Townsend did NOT make up Ashby-de-la-Zouch???

Blows my mind.

Awesome. I am hoping it's because we have gone for our first target eg someone like Douglas. In reality I.imagine it's because we can't shift the shit.

Vlaar is a much better player than Douglas. Douglas is extremely unreliable.....he makes at least 1 weird mistake every game and also picks up too many red cards.

Yawn.....

Are you saying that Sue Townsend did NOT make up Ashby-de-la-Zouch???

Blows my mind.

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, often shortened to Ashby, is a small market town and civil parish in North West Leicestershire, England, within the National Forest. It is twinned with Pithiviers in north-central France.

Ashby-de-la-Zouch castle was of importance from the 15th to the 17th centuries. In the 19th century the town became a spa town and before the growth of Coalville it was the chief town in north-west Leicestershire.

In the 19th century its main industries were ribbon manufacture, coal mining and brickmaking. The town was served by the Leicester to Burton upon Trent Line of the Midland Railway from 1849

Wikipedia

Had a funny feeling this wouldnt be happening, if it was meant to happen it would have been wrapped up before the USA tour.

I have a hunch that Lambert has been told to work with what he has, as the four overpaid words removed that call themselves our defense are basically write offs. It seems that Lambert has to free up space before he can bring anyone in. After the last two seasons of cutting costs and reaping the whirlwind that it brings, its an extremely poor state of affairs.