Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

I would imagine it was just a dead leg thanks to one of Grant Holt's many fouls.

Indeed Holt got away with murder today!

not just today. His tackle on Chico a few weeks ago should have got him a 5 game ban

...I don't know for sure, just go with me on this, but I think he may have strained his quad. I'm not sure what's telling me this, just a feeling I have. Call me crazy.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

Van Persie's volley against us pipped Lowton's screamer to goal of the month and probably will for the goal of the season, too.

Personally I think Lowton's was better because he's being closed down very quickly, Van Persie is able to watch the ball all the way for quite some time.

Shearers vote though wasn't it so no surprise there with him being a striker. I'm biased and would go for Lowton myself, however there were some special goals. On the otherhand he gave Guzan save of the season

Very pretentious choice of goal of the month 

Van Persie executed an incredibly difficult skill to perfection. However, he is a striker, and good strikers ought to be able to do skills like that.

You can say the same about Remy's. Made his goal look incredibly simple, was a unique goal and a very difficult skill, yet he is a striker and great strikers do amazing things like that regularly.

Lowton's goal was more impressive because he is a right back, not a striker, and yet he also executed his skill to perfection. He was further from goal, under more pressure, in a more intense situation. It was a lot harder for Lowton to score from his situation than it was for Van Persie and Remy, who were just showing off.

Lowton had two touches (chest control then shot) while the strikers had only one touch, but what else could Lowton have done? Did he really have to scissor-kick that volley to win goal of the month?

Edited by Con

Van Persie executed an incredibly difficult skill to perfection. However, he is a striker, and good strikers ought to be able to do skills like that.

You can say the same about Remy's. Made his goal look incredibly simple, was a unique goal and a very difficult skill, yet he is a striker and great strikers do amazing things like that regularly.

Lowton's goal was more impressive because he is a right back, not a striker, and yet he also executed his skill to perfection. He was further from goal, under more pressure, in a more intense situation. It was a lot harder for Lowton to score from his situation than it was for Van Persie and Remy, who were just showing off.

Lowton had two touches (chest control then shot) while the strikers had only one touch, but what else could Lowton have done? Did he really have to scissor-kick that volley to win goal of the month?

You should take the whole attack into consideration though. I think Lowton's finish was as good as it gets, but with van Persie's goal it was basically a two touch goal from own half. Beautiful pass, great run, quick and effective.

You should take the whole attack into consideration though. I think Lowton's finish was as good as it gets, but with van Persie's goal it was basically a two touch goal from own half. Beautiful pass, great run, quick and effective.

Great pass from Rooney but then you can say Lowton created something out of nothing. When you first watch those goals, you half-expect Remy and Van Persie to score, but Lowton's goal has the "wow" factor, that you don't believe what you have just seen. That is why it should be GOTM. If it wasn't for Shearer wanting to appear smart understanding the "technical difficultly" involved in Van Persie's plainer looking strike, Lowton's would get it. I also have the feeling if Lowton was a big name striker like Ibrahimovic then he would have won. Because he is a right back they're assuming he got lucky.

• Like 1

Great pass from Rooney but then you can say Lowton created something out of nothing. When you first watch those goals, you half-expect Remy and Van Persie to score, but Lowton's goal has the "wow" factor, that you don't believe what you have just seen. That is why it should be GOTM. If it wasn't for Shearer wanting to appear smart understanding the "technical difficultly" involved in Van Persie's plainer looking strike, Lowton's would get it. I also have the feeling if Lowton was a big name striker like Ibrahimovic then he would have won. Because he is a right back they're assuming he got lucky.

Also take into consideration that our regular pattern of play would normally see us losing after they scored, majority of us were shitting it, and then Matty comes out of nowhere with that!

Â