Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

A few things on that

Fulham ? Yeah right.

5m? Yeah right, nearer to ten million

The lad loves villa and loves lambert I'm pretty confident he won't be leaving in the near future

You  could add: Fulham beating Arsenal in the race to sign a player? Yeah right.

As others have said, the fact that a full back can get motm in a six one game where your striker bags a hat trick speaks volumes about just how special his performance was.

• Like 4

I posted a couple of months ago that whilst Beneke will get all the plaudits, Lowton was my POTS. 

He really didn't put a foot wrong yesterday, although you could argue the fact that their goal came from down his side.  But I said at the ground that it really was a true 10/10 performance.  He defended solidly and he attacked, made space for others, passed more or less perfectly and... well... you just run out of superlatives for the guy.

One of the best full-back performances I have ever witnessed live, only beaten by Ashley Cole when Arsenal came and beat us 3-1 at home when him, berkamp and henry scored.

It was wonderful to watch and I was literally awestruck by how well he played.

Well done Matt, keep up the superb work.  His ethic really rubs off on people, Sylla was busting a gut to help him out on the 80th minute, it was brilliant.

• Like 3

As others have said, the fact that a full back can get motm in a six one game where your striker bags a hat trick speaks volumes about just how special his performance was.

This.

I hope there weren't any scouts at Villa Park this evening.

Too late! Apparently Fulham have already pipped Arsenal to the post!

Fulham leading Arsenal in hunt to sign Aston Villa defender Matthew Lowton     FULHAM are fending off the challenge of Arsenal in the race to sign Aston Villa defender Matthew Lowton.
Published: Fri, April 26, 2013

matthew_lowton-395025.jpgMatthew Lowton is attracting the attentions of Fulham and Arsenal

The 23-year-old is being watched by Craven Cottage scouts and boss Martin Jol is understood to be keen to bring him to Craven Cottage.

Villa are embroiled in a relegation battle but Lowton has showed enough pedigree to suggest his future lies in the Premier League.

Arsenal are also interested in Lowton - who will cost around £5million - but it appears that the lure of first-team footballlb_icon1.png at Fulham puts Jol in pole position to sign him.

Lowton signed for Villa from Sheffield United in July and has made 34 Premier Leagueappearancelb_icon1.png this season.

What a steaming pile of giraffe turd. Who makes this stuff up? And who the F U C K are Fulham?

idk if anyone remembers but i was laughing at everyone linking him with Arsenal and England a few weeks ago.

But I think everyone is right. I haven't seen a better right back performance in years. I'll be more intrigued to see if he can do still a very good job more regularly though...

He just played with so much confidence. What a bargain.

I hope there weren't any scouts at Villa Park this evening.

Too late! Apparently Fulham have already pipped Arsenal to the post!

Fulham leading Arsenal in hunt to sign Aston Villa defender Matthew Lowton     FULHAM are fending off the challenge of Arsenal in the race to sign Aston Villa defender Matthew Lowton.
Published: Fri, April 26, 2013

matthew_lowton-395025.jpgMatthew Lowton is attracting the attentions of Fulham and Arsenal

The 23-year-old is being watched by Craven Cottage scouts and boss Martin Jol is understood to be keen to bring him to Craven Cottage.

Villa are embroiled in a relegation battle but Lowton has showed enough pedigree to suggest his future lies in the Premier League.

Arsenal are also interested in Lowton - who will cost around £5million - but it appears that the lure of first-team footballlb_icon1.png at Fulham puts Jol in pole position to sign him.

Lowton signed for Villa from Sheffield United in July and has made 34 Premier Leagueappearancelb_icon1.png this season.

What a steaming pile of giraffe turd. Who makes this stuff up? And who the F U C K are Fulham?

I stopped reading at that point.

What a gem he is. I wonder who spotted him out of Henke, Lambert, Culverhouse and Karse. His technique is superb considering some of the gonks we've had at full back recently.

he is getting first team football in a premier league side. lol

My point exactly. Also the laugh of it all is the 5million pounds. Imagine us staying up and saying yeah we'll take 1.7m extra than what we paid for him even though he's had one of the best right back perfomances all season and scored one of the best goals all season aswell as being our first team right back and only 23 years old...

In fairness to the article I think its saying the lure of first team football at Fulham is over a bit part at Arsenal. Still a bollocks article though.

Articles suggesting that Aston Villa players might be "lured" by clubs like Fulham make me want to kill, kill, kill.

Â