Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Thats fair enough guys - as I said I didnt see it.

Im basically going off the back of a variety of pundits who all said we looked poor. No, pundits arent always right but with them all seemingly agreeing, as well as the result/stats - I would have to say we were poor.

The problem as well is that our squad is full of players who have been awful for 2 years or who are of an unknown quantity like Lowton so I can only form an opinion based on the limited info I hear/recent times.

FWIW, I have heard some good things about Lowton from yesterday in addition to your posts - so here is hoping the kid does well for us.

Not seen him - but apparently he's pretty quick - a vital ingredient in the prem.

He's not as quick as Walker but is quick and I would say physically stronger than Walker too.

He's looked good pre-season and bar his crossing on Saturday he had a good debut.

Defended well and bombed forward when he could. Unfortunately he lacked any cover from N'Zogbia.

Time will tell but when he settles in, I think Lowton will become a very good addition.

Not seen him - but apparently he's pretty quick - a vital ingredient in the prem.

He's not as quick as Walker but is quick and I would say physically stronger than Walker too.

He's looked good pre-season and bar his crossing on Saturday he had a good debut.

Defended well and bombed forward when he could. Unfortunately he lacked any cover from N'Zogbia.

Time will tell but when he settles in, I think Lowton will become a very good addition.

Can he actually cross a ball because he looked very Huttonesque on Saturday or did he just have a shocker?

Can he actually cross a ball because he looked very Huttonesque on Saturday or did he just have a shocker?

He's certainly no Hutton and bar his crossing, he didn't have a 'shocker' IMO.

For a lad who's stepped up 2 leagues and playing his first game in Prem he did well, if a little nervy, which is to be expected.

So you call him Huttonesque and then ask whether it was just a shocker! Give the kid a chance for crying out loud!

I was on about his crossing aspect. I dont know much about him. Was he known for getting crosses in at Sheff Utd. I was asking wether he just had a mare with his delivery on Saturday. I dont follow league 1 football and really have mo idea if he is known as an attacking full back or a steady defensive full back. He put about 4 balls in the trevor brooking stand saturday.

He is an attacking full back scored 7 goals from RB. In pre season he put in a few cracking crosses, so maybe Saturday got to him when putting in deliveries.

okay cheers for the info.

I also noticed him about half a dozen times standing in space in an advanced position out wide and waving desperately for someone to pass the ball to him but get ignored pretty much every time.

So you call him Huttonesque and then ask whether it was just a shocker! Give the kid a chance for crying out loud!

I thought he was pants as well. This is a messageboard for honest opinions, not a football ground. Get behind him at the match, give your opinion on here, good or bad.

My opinion is that he's nothing special, but hopefully he'll get better. If he has a shit game, I'll say it. That's not, "not getting behind him". It's just being honest.

I thought he was pants as well. This is a messageboard for honest opinions, not a football ground. Get behind him at the match, give your opinion on here, good or bad.

My opinion is that he's nothing special, but hopefully he'll get better. If he has a shit game, I'll say it. That's not, "not getting behind him". It's just being honest.

It certainly is, and in my honest opinion, he was far far away from being pants.

He looked a little nervous which is to be expected when making such a step up, but he was rarely troubled, looked comfortable on the ball, is quick enough and strong enough for this league, and in PL's words he will be fine.

His crossing was a little off, but so was the whole attacking part of our game, and after several attempts to get forward and not being fed the ball, seemed to just hold his position.

Good young player, and I think he will shine after a few more games under his belt.

It certainly is, and in my honest opinion, he was far far away from being pants.

He looked a little nervous which is to be expected when making such a step up, but he was rarely troubled, looked comfortable on the ball, is quick enough and strong enough for this league, and in PL's words he will be fine.

His crossing was a little off, but so was the whole attacking part of our game, and after several attempts to get forward and not being fed the ball, seemed to just hold his position.

Good young player, and I think he will shine after a few more games under his belt.

Yeah can see he is solid. hopefully he puts in a few good balls in against everton and gets his confidence up. would like us to play 2 up top too so he has more to aim at

I thought he played well - my MOTM from Saturday. Maybe not for his ability on the ball, as he had a bit of an off day, but he was the only player showing for the ball and showing any sort of width. You can't expect a youngster who has just jumped two division to, in his first game, defend well as well as be the only wide attacking outlet. He was let down by the four central midfielders who all seemed to want to share the same square foot of pitch on Saturday.

I also noticed him about half a dozen times standing in space in an advanced position out wide and waving desperately for someone to pass the ball to him but get ignored pretty much every time.

This. Me and my mates were in the away end on the side of the field where Lowton was attacking in the second half and on countless occasions when we were pushing the ball around in midfield creating nothing, Lowton was in acres of space dying to get the ball, yet only on about 1 or 2 occasions, someone actually got him the ball. I think once we bring in another LB that can also attack, it will add balance and make Lowton even more dangerous because you will have two sets of fullbacks capable of making bombing runs down the wings at anytime, making it all the more confusing for opposition defenders. With this it will certainly open up the field for our attack in general and make it easier to pass the ball around.

This. Me and my mates were in the away end on the side of the field where Lowton was attacking in the second half and on countless occasions when we were pushing the ball around in midfield creating nothing, Lowton was in acres of space dying to get the ball, yet only on about 1 or 2 occasions, someone actually got him the ball. I think once we bring in another LB that can also attack, it will add balance and make Lowton even more dangerous because you will have two sets of fullbacks capable of making bombing runs down the wings at anytime, making it all the more confusing for opposition defenders. With this it will certainly open up the field for our attack in general and make it easier to pass the ball around.

I hope this point was included in Lambert's' post-match 'dressing-down'. I'd imagine it would have been.

Â