Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Again, did not really play like a guy who's trying to win his way back into the 1st team today. However, he was out of position at CB so hopefully he will not be deployed there again. I still have faith in him and hope we will see him get back to last season's form soon.

• Like 1

Yeah if Vlaar is out we'd replace him with a genuine CB you'd think. Lowton tried his heart out but you could see from his face when he came on that he wasn't exactly relishing the thought of 45mins at CB. 

I actually thought we'd go 4 at the back and push bacuna further up the field when I saw him coming on.

• Like 1

Unsurprisingly, he played like a full back playing centre back. However, he still made one fantastic tackle on Osvaldo.

We can't persist with 3-5-2 if Vlaar is injured. It's not even worth considering after last season's nightmare.

Hope we push Bacuna forward and Lowton can get some games at right back again. He was class last season and in pre-season, he just lost a bit of form. I'd start against Fulham with the players who played the majority of the second half yesterday. 4-3-3. Bacuna to the right of Benteke.

Edited by Cizzler

To be fair we rocked up at Upton Park with a 5-3-2 (which was more like a 8-0-2 as our midfield played deeper than a well) and they had an old midfielder playing as their lone striker.

So it wouldn't surprise me if we go ultra negative again tomorrow

To be fair we rocked up at Upton Park with a 5-3-2 (which was more like a 8-0-2 as our midfield played deeper than a well) and they had an old midfielder playing as their lone striker.

But wasn't that injury enforced?

But wasn't that injury enforced?

No. That's why we have something called a squad.

After a shocking performance from everybody and also losing to a team who have been absolutely diabolical, the last thing I want to see is a player running over to one of the opposition to ask for a shirt. Really winds me up stuff like that does, whether he was on the pitch for 10 minutes or not it doesn't exactly show that you care about what just happened.

• Like 2

Â