General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll tell you one thing for nowt...

i'm very worried about the lack of interest in scapegoats Hutton and Warnock

they better leave on deadline day for a few million quid otherwise Lamberts handling of their situation will be a complete and utter disaster

How can you blame Lambert for Hutton & Warnock?

by not giving them a chance?

by at least letting them train with the first team?

dont get me wrong they are average but if we can't sell them they need to be involved.....

they are hardly gonna be motivated if we need to call upon them

What utter drivel, Warnock had his chance, royally **** it up in that horror show at Forest.

So Lambert works on a one chance and your out basis?

I expect Given to be dropped next game then

What about Hutton?

I already said previously I thought Lambert had **** up with his treatment of these two. If he really only had £8M as his budget then to blow £3M on Lowton and completely ignore Hutton was one of the dumbest acts a manager could do. Hutton is an average premier league player, but sometimes average is good enough, at least he and Warnock have Premier League experience, the defence we played with on Saturday was the most inexperienced i've ever seen Villa start a season with.

If we start the new season and Hutton and Warnock are still with us, Lambert will surely have to backtrack at some point as one or both of them will be needed.

I thought the idea of Friendlies was to get players fit and try out a few different formations, to judge a player then drop him to training with the reserves on the basis of a poor performance in a friendly seems extreme to say the least. I think somebody else has influenced Lambert here, and that in itself also shocks me.

Gouffran & Sagbo could be Papisse Cisse and Demba Ba 'esq

I'm sure that those kinds of deals are more likely than blowing 9m on the likes of Dawson. Judging from the Vlaar and El Ahmadi deals, Lambert's knowledge of European football is pretty decent and would have a list of players he likes that present good value of money.

From what I have unfortunately read over the past 600 odd pages is that nobody is the wiser about any transactions we will be making over the coming days. Nobody on VT can even confirm what positions we are looking at. Personally I would get shod of Given on his £70kpw.

But the gist over the last week from VTers is .......

Left back..... Olson/Bennett/Cresswell

Centre back.... Douglas/Dawson

Defensive mid....Frimpong/Huddlestone

Midfield...Adam/Brahimi/Beneyoun/Ince/Phillips

Strikers....Sturridge/Bendtner/Keisling/Defoe/Doyle

Did I miss anyone.

Most of these players would improve us. But I feel we need a real midfield destroyer so the attackers can focus on attacking.

Etienne Capoue from Toulouse is one of the best in the business.

This is the sort of understated signing I hope we make in the next few days

As Lambert said he had nothing in the pipeline after the everton game
I don't recall Lambert saying that. :?

He did Mantis

Na he didn't, not really. He said there weren't any deals ''lined up'', which, even if we believe he's telling the truth (which we shouldn't), doesn't mean there's nothing in the pipeline.

SSN Saying we are keen on Yannick Sagbo and Yoann Gouffran! Would take both tbh!

Sagbo has 19 in 64 @ Evian

Can I ask when you heard these links? I have been watching SSN for last few hours and haven't seen these players linked?

Was definitely mentioned about 5.10 as I saw it too, part of their transfer centre roundup where that bloke stands next to the giant screen and waves his hands around.

Gouffran & Sagbo could be Papisse Cisse and Demba Ba 'esq

I very much doubt it to be honest. Cisse had a better than 1in2 scoring record in the Bundesliga and almost 1in1 for Newcastle from January last season. Ba is currently scoring 1in2 in his Prem career so far.

Sagbo is a roughly 1in5 striker and even spells in the 2nd tier of French football didn't exactly boost his average. Gouffran has 64 goals in 277 career games, although to be fair to him he did have a great season last year with 14 from 34 Ligue 1 games. He is only 5'7" though so maybe PL see's him more in the no.10 role?

I just hope we stay away from ALL Liverpool players including Carroll, they will try to get rid of Adam and maybe Henderson and a few others and no doubt will try to offload their deadwood to us I want none of them at Villa Park.

Agree with your opinion on Henderson. Vastly overrated and Sunderland saw plop coming on that one.

However, not so sure on your opinion concerning Adam and Carroll. Adam would walk into our midfield at the moment. He's also added a little more bite to his play and he would fit right in with our new style of football. We might also get him at a bargain price with Rodgers desperate to bring in players of his own.

Carroll is a no brainer for me and would give us so many more options upfront. With the signings of both Carroll and Adam I'd be more confident that we'd stay away from the trap door.

Gouffran hasn't always been used as a striker thoughout his career, he has played a lot of games out wide.

True and if PL is looking at him as an AM or winger then fair play, as long as we are still trying to get a big menace of a striker in too. IMO