General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton and Aston Villa are chasing Wolves striker Kevin Doyle.

Doyle is a long-term target for David Moyes. The Goodison chief is also hoping to sign French starlet M’Baye Niang from Caen today for £2million.

Wolves are reluctant to let Doyle go after banking £14m for fellow striker Steven Fletcher, who has gone to Sunderland.

Manager Stale Solbakken said: “I have not heard anything about Doyle leaving and hopefully he will stay.”

But Solbakken will listen to offers for winger Stephen Hunt, 31, who has less than a year left on his contract. And he has landed Rennes winger Razak Boukari, 25, on a season’s loan.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-and-aston-villa-transfer-news-1281628

No quotes so seems like complete utter bullshit but yeah.

I seem to remember Doyle giving our defence a proper schooling, the ball would just stick with him, I know he's not the greatest goal scorer but we need somebody to hold the ball up and let our midfielders move up the pitch, so many times on saturday, we lost the ball in the final third.

Doyle would be a huge asset for us.

Well sounds like the two games have had some effect.

We should have been signing some players without worrying about Warnock and Hutton earlier.

Let's just hope the players are good enough and we get more than 2.

And the right players as well. I don't expect they'll be massive names, but the last thing we need is a knee-jerk reaction to the poor start and to sign some dross.

I'd have taken Huddlestone as well, any day.

I know people have defended our transfer approach this summer but I really do think it's going to have a negative effect.

We now have 4 days to bring in around 5 players that are good enough to go straight into the starting 11. After the last two games any club we deal with will know we're desperate and after those games and last season I can't see us being an attractive option for quality players.

If money has been available all summer it's a ridiculous decision to wait till now.

I said previously but even two high quality players can make a big difference to a struggling side.

Look at the impact Young and Carew had on our struggling team. Newcastle beat us 3-1 on their debut but anybody there that night got a sense of where the wind was blowing.

Obviously the more good players we get in the better.

No for me on Doyle. The 2 players at least piece is positive. I think Warnock will go to Sunderland as we are desperate to get rid now so we can bolster the squad. Would not be surprised if he went for 0.5m.

I'm praying for 4 players though.

LB - Cresswell or Olsson

DM - Wanyama or N'Zonzi

Winger - Ince or Phillips (or Ramirez but unlikely considering his 70k/week wag demands).

Striker - Carroll (Push the boat out for him. Would give us an extra dimension up front.)

I like Doyle. He holds the ball up very well, runs the line well, can spot a pass and can score goals. For the right price he could be a very player for us.

This for me.

We are crying out for a player to be available to pass a ball forward to, that can then hold that ball up and allow the rest of the team to push up as a unit and support. Instead of what we have currently when the ball is played forward to Bent it comes straight back in the control of the opposition.

Doyle would create a lot more space for Bent to move in between players so in that sense I think it would be a good move. But if Bent was to get injured again we'd really struggle to score and that would be terrible.