General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Randy needs to open the **** cheque book or he'll be looking at a possible relegation battle again.

We've scored 1 goal so far this season, and to me that is pretty synonymous with the clubs goals, they have none. 6-7 years ago Randy had goals for the club, and we WERE on track (for the most part) until MON dipped out on us. Since then our goals have faded on and off the pitch. I feel strongly that it's time to make more goals, off the pitch as much as on, obviously. Creating some ambition and giving the club goals should lift our spirits and give the lads a bit of a target, as well as show supporters that we have an ambition. Right now it seems like we are just happy to stay in the Premier League.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy needs to open the **** cheque book or he'll be looking at a possible relegation battle again.

We've scored 1 goal so far this season, and to me that is pretty synonymous with the clubs goals, they have none. 6-7 years ago Randy had goals for the club, and we WERE on track (for the most part) until MON dipped out on us. Since then our goals have faded on and off the pitch. I feel strongly that it's time to make more goals, off the pitch as much as on, obviously. Creating some ambition and giving the club goals should lift our spirits and give the lads a bit of a target, as well as show supporters that we have an ambition. Right now it seems like we are just happy to stay in the Premier League.

i don't quite see why there is so much hatred and criticism of Clark on here, the sending off was harsh and other than that he hasn't done a great deal wrong.

The player hasn't had the chance to play centre back more than a few times since he broke through into the side, let alone play with Vlaar.

He and Lowton deserve time to gel with the players and system, all the players do.

But the main issue is not with the players who can do a job in certain areas it is the ones that can't. I.e you can't substitute centre backs and central midfielders for wing backs and wingers.

Twitter a buzz with the story that Dempsey isn't off to Liverpool because Fulham won't sell to them...

Some say he's due a medical at Sunderland...

If they get Dempsey and we don't try, I'll be disappointed. Dempsey is the kind of player we need and should be trying to sign!

This would be something pretty good if this happened:

In

Gio Dos Santos 4m

Marcus Olsson 2.5m plus Warnock

Douglas Texeira 5m

Stefan Kiessling 8m

Emmanuel Frimpong loan with 3m buy clause

19ish million spent there but we won't see that happen unfortunately :(

You missed an obvious point: Villa have too many dickheads "supporting" the team.

this

Agreed. Too many fans demand instant results and they need to understand it isn't quite so simple as that.

Twitter a buzz with the story that Dempsey isn't off to Liverpool because Fulham won't sell to them...

If they get Dempsey and we don't try, I'll be disappointed. Dempsey is the kind of player we need and should be trying to sign!

i think we need to ignore what other clubs do, as it's just torture comparing ourselves to others, especially MON and his blank cheques.

i don't quite see why there is so much hatred and criticism of Clark on here, the sending off was harsh and other than that he hasn't done a great deal wrong.

The player hasn't had the chance to play centre back more than a few times since he broke through into the side, let alone play with Vlaar.

He and Lowton deserve time to gel with the players and system, all the players do.

But the main issue is not with the players who can do a job in certain areas it is the ones that can't. I.e you can't substitute centre backs and central midfielders for wing backs and wingers.

He was partly at fault for both the 2nd and the 3rd goal on Saturday.

The 2nd he left Fellani unmarked for the header

The 3rd he left Jelavic unmarked to bang it past Given at the near post.

I know he was marking them because you can see he is the nearest to them, he should be right up tight with them, not giving them the space they need to score goals.

Obviously this is just my view on things and it may not be the case for others.

Again he's a 29 year old who is probably getting his last big 4-year contract on over 50k a week for about £7m transfer fee. That's the kind of signing that O'Neill loves but got us into trouble. There needs to be some value for money.

This would be something pretty good if this happened:

In

Gio Dos Santos 4m

Marcus Olsson 2.5m plus Warnock

Douglas Texeira 5m

Stefan Kiessling 8m

Emmanuel Frimpong loan with 3m buy clause

19ish million spent there but we won't see that happen unfortunately :(

I like this, but add dempsey to it and itd be perfect, but pretty confident none of these will come to villa park

He was partly at fault for both the 2nd and the 3rd goal on Saturday.

The 2nd he left Fellani unmarked for the header

The 3rd he left Jelavic unmarked to bang it past Given at the near post.

I know he was marking them because you can see he is the nearest to them, he should be right up tight with them, not giving them the space they need to score goals.

Obviously this is just my view on things and it may not be the case for others.

Point taken but where was Vlaar in all this, Clark may well of had a stinker against a buzzing Everton side, but every Villa player played like pub players that day, it's pointless singling him out for bile until we've seen few more games of him and Vlaar.

Agree. Clark is a very good player who scores goals. Whether or not he can defend well enough I don't know, but he has too much talent to just be written off after TWO games. Same with Lowton, who also looks a good player to me.

Frimpong is a great shout. Bossed the midfield against us at the custard bowl until Stan's boot connected with his head.

With the additions to the Sunderland squad, and despite his connections to SHA, Larsson might be worth a shout as his set piece delivery is decent and he isn't on big money at Sunderland.