General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought such activity would have been happening anyway to be perfectly honest, but lets hope they come in soon!

This.

Let's just hope they aren't dodgy panic buys.

I would have thought such activity would have been happening anyway to be perfectly honest, but lets hope they come in soon!

This.

Business should have been done a long time ago us fans can see the weaknesses and we are not paid thousands a week, we still have not addressed these

slightly off topic but i have to say i was embarrassed with the booing at half time on saturday, fair enough there are some players that are not pulling there weight, but over half that team were young lads and new signings, the one thing we need to do this season is get right behind the team, because them players are going to need us more than ever this year.

Spot on dude. Perhaps they can't grasp just how demotivating and counter productive it is.

Agree completely, I often think as a club we get what we deserve, our fans can be a complete petulant bunch.

You can shoot me down with this but it is just an opinion ,as much as I rate bent I would trade him in and sign Rhodes half the price and half the wage would suit lamberts system where he relies on the forward winning balls and dragging defenders out of position, bent

only works in systems with width

But if we dont sign anyone, surely that brings up the question of why would Lambert join us if he wasn't going to be backed. A question you have posed to others when they have been flapping. Perhaps the answer is that he still will be but things havent worked out this window.

Quite simply he thought he could get more out Nzog, Ireland, Clark etc. His faith in those 3 - has spectacularly back fired - Ireland didn't even get a kick yesterday, Clark was dire and got a red - and Nzog was totally anonymous.

That doesn't make a lick of sense. How can Lambert's faith in Ireland 'spectacularly backfire' if he didn't even play him yesterday?! And it's way too soon to say how much faith Lambert has in likes of N'Zogbia and Clark. He has only managed 2 matches. We know next-to-nothing about Lambert's thoughts on the team. The only real shows of faith are in the people he has signed.

Lambert has been quoted as saying before the season started:-

1.Clark will be first choice CB

3.For our creative play he is looking to Ireland and Nzogbia

3 big calls for me - on players who have never really done it for us - that includes last season and 2 games this (1 for Ireland)

Baker is better than Clark imo.

I would agree - with a note of caution - the game was effectively over when Baker went to CB.

More worrying for me is the fact that Lambert publicly put his faith in Clark - I thought maybe he had seen something we hadn't. A massive error - can't wait for Dunne to be fit TBH.

Ciaran Clark is **** shite. That is all on him.

Bannan is even worse, and delph is even worse again. The Fonz was a waste of a spunk.

You missed an obvious point: Villa have too many dickheads "supporting" the team.

I wasn't there on Saturday (I'm on Holiday atm), but as much as I would have been angry and disappointed at being 0-3 down, playing at home, at Half time i wouldn't have booed the players. If it was 0-6 at half time, I might have had to vent some anger.

It's if you're 0-3 at half time for pretty much every home game, then you have a right to boo.

This.

Id be chuffed with panic buys - were going down with the current squad - Panic buys might give us a fighting chance.

If a panic buy means us spending £20m on a striker again I'm all for it! Seriously Randy has to put his hand in his pocket. I can kind of understand why we've been slow and I'm sure Lambert would have expected us to be stronger than we have been in the first two games so may have wanted to bide his time but it's in black and white now that we need 3 quality players, plus Dunne, Gabby and Albrighton back sharpish.

I have faith in Lambert, as a manager that obviously will want to continue a successful career, to have identified targets or at least know the players he would want to improve our team if backed to get them.

Let us now hope that he is getting that backing, and personally I'm willing to take those two losses if it means Randy is willing to open his wallet. Just a shame that we had to lose our first two games if Nursey is right about it making an impact, because we could all clearly see our team wasn't up to par, and based on the losses and countless amount of draws from last season the wallet should have been opened to quite some extent as soon as Lambert was appointed.

UTV anyway, 3 or 4 signings and a shock away win at Newcastle please Mr Lerner and Mr Lambert.

Randy needs to open the **** cheque book or he'll be looking at a possible relegation battle again.

We've scored 1 goal so far this season, and to me that is pretty synonymous with the clubs goals, they have none. 6-7 years ago Randy had goals for the club, and we WERE on track (for the most part) until MON dipped out on us. Since then our goals have faded on and off the pitch. I feel strongly that it's time to make more goals, off the pitch as much as on, obviously. Creating some ambition and giving the club goals should lift our spirits and give the lads a bit of a target, as well as show supporters that we have an ambition. Right now it seems like we are just happy to stay in the Premier League.