General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think that the problem getting players in is that players don't want to come here? Are we a sinking ship?

I don't think it is

I just think Randy has carte blanche decided he wants the wages down & is refusing to pay over a certain amount.. Problem is every other Premir League club is apparantly paying what's necessary... Hence players are going anywhere but here... Word is out we won't pay the going rate.

This is surely the biggest & most ridiculous aspect of all this... It's as though Randy suddenly realised we had missed Champs league & told MON that time was up & we would now have to reduce the wage bill as we had failed to hit our target.

Mon walks..

Then it's as though Randy thought ok thats it... Now we will bring wages down to whatever level it was he decided on.... 1% of turnover by the looks of things :shock:

I have never witnessed anything so ridiculous in a Premier League football team. We started by selling all our best players..some wanted out for sure but we didn't rush out to replace them now did we?! :?

Then we heard the "vision" of promoting the fantastic youngsters (no doubt because they are cheap?).. So the decimation continued

Houllier tried ....& just about kept us up... The final league position flattered us that year..Houllier damaged his health as a result..& left.

The decimation of the squad continued...

Then AMC tried to "buy into the vision" of Randy & Faulkner & failed also.. By the skin of our teeth we survived relegation by 2 points...He was sacked....... The squad was further decimated.

Now we have Paul Lambert at the helm... The decimation continues with the departures of Cuellar, Collins, Heskey, Makoun & no doubt Hutton, Warnock will follow & we also lose Petrov.

We sign a few but the effect is the same.. The squad is even weaker.. experienced even though perhaps average Premier League players are replaced with inexperienced & distinctly average kids.

Is this Randy's "Vision"?

Go Figure!

In all honesty I would not blame players if they did not wanna come here we have a bad rep now for booing the team when things are going bad!

Our 1st home game and the fans boo. Yes we as fans should be able to make a point when dross is served up week in week out but not the 1st home game, the kids out there have had there confidence shot after last seasons abortion of a season and booing every week so no wonder they don't seem like the wonder kids they was suppose to be?!

What we need is Mr burns to get his hands in his pockets and give it to Lambert to spend on 4-5 players get the kids back in the reserves or on loan and they can get some confidence back.

I would sell Bent cause he is just a passenger in this side the way we are playing either that or 2 players that can cross a ball... oh wait we sold them!!

I'd like

Left back - cress well or Bennett or olsen , no matter who we need a new one

Centre back - we need another experienced one, Dawson if it's not too late

Midfielder - someone to help some creativity, Phillips would do

Striker - Carroll or kiesling

----------------given

Lowton------Vlaar-------Dawson------cress well

Holman------kea--------Ireland-------Phillips

-----------bent-----------kiesling

I'd like

----------------given

4 signings? That's like 1 a day, do you STILL believe this ?

I'd like

----------------given

We can sign more than one player a day y'no????

dawson would be a super signing i think. 2 from him, dunne and vlaar, with clark being bled in gradually would do us the world of good

if we could make only one more signing this window he'd be ideal imo

I'd like

----------------given

I said "like". At this stage I don't know what to fecking believe. I'm just trying to keep myself positive with any crumb of comfort rather than break open te razor blades and slash my wrists

Dawson at 9million is too much, we could get Douglas for 5million plus lower wages. However optimism for signings are slowly diminishing ech day that goes on. Minus bent I don't think our team would come out of the championship!

for me i hope we get atleast 2 more quality signings this window, hopefully this will be enough to keep us afloat until january or next summer when the squad has had some time to readjust to the new playstyle as well as their new team members which would allow lambert to make more qualified signings where they are actually needed rather than panic buys.

I dont even think theres a slim chance well end up above 10-12th possition, this will always be a transitional season for us so i think we can expect more hammerings.

If we however dont get any more players in i think we will be in quite some trouble, but im sure lambert got something lined up...hopefully