General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

What I've seen of Lowton so far he's nowhere near PL level. We don't need another version of him at LB

Silly statement, not all players that come from the lower divisions are all of the same ability. Plus Lowton has only had two games, let's give him a chance! 36 league games to go!

Hopefully the cup game will see us get a win and gain a little bit of confidence! Guzan shoul play during the week.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what kind of LB do we need? If Lambert rates him then that's good enough for me. If his name was Cressino and played in the Spanish league I'm sure your opinion would be different.

If this "Cressino" was good enough to play in the Spanish league you can count on that he'd be a lot better player than some kid with 1 season in the Championship behind him

Our problem is not that the squad is to weak, we have loads of decent squad players who can fill in for a game or two.

Problem is we only have about 3 (Vlaar, KEA, Bent) players good enough for a PL starting 11.

Signing players like Owen, Hargreaves, Carew, Reo-Coker and so on won't help one bit, it'll only increase the wage bill.

Throwing a kid like Cresswell in at the deep end and hoping he can swim is'nt the right way to go either. The little i've seen of him he looks no better than what we already have

Kevin Davies..... Christ.

Short term, do a job. Do u really think any of our pussyfooted forwards would get stuck in where it matters ? The scenarios Davies creates could lead to opportunities in the box. Doubt Bent gives too much of a toss; wants it all to his feet. Delfouneso ? Weimann ?? Gabby ?

Hmmm....

Malouda, Benayoun and Kakuta told they can leave Chelsea (according to Tw@tter)

Kakuta wouldn't be a bad shout, cheap on wages and fee too i'd imagine.

Benayoun and Malouda??? A few years ago definately but now, no for me.

I think Lowton has looked quite promising - he's not the finished article, but he's done reasonably well I think.

Same here, I actually think he was one of our best players Yesterday.

Good in the tackle, decent passing, works hard and gets forward a lot. If Cresswell is similar/ better then I think that'll be £4m well spent.

All 3 of them would improve our side without question - I'd take any/all of them.

Kevin Davies..... Christ.

Short term, do a job. Do u really think any of our pussyfooted forwards would get stuck in where it matters ? The scenarios Davies creates could lead to opportunities in the box. Doubt Bent gives too much of a toss; wants it all to his feet. Delfouneso ? Weimann ?? Gabby ?

Hmmm....

That sad thing is he would probably improve us.

Free transfers like reocoker can wait, as there is no deadline on signing bosmans. We need fees payed for quality asap. IF we fail to sign anyone before the deadline then players like carew reocoker and hargreaves must be looked at. Im ashamed writing that, but they add some experience.

Whoever is sitting right now thinking "yeah, i'd love NRC back here, he'd sort us out" - take a long hard look at yourself, immediately.

Agreed. The only worrying thing, is a vastly overrated "leader" though he is, he'd still probably improve our team.

Someone else said it further up but there's only really 3 or 4 players of Premier League standard in the team, the rest is filled up with players who either aren't there yet or will never be.

Totally back the regime but think we desperately need a stronger starting point.

Whoever is sitting right now thinking "yeah, i'd love NRC back here, he'd sort us out" - take a long hard look at yourself, immediately.

Nobody is saying that - it's more a case of thinking about what he offers and what we lack, some people think he'd be a good squad player and could do a job for us, not that he is some sort of messiah.

Malouda or Benayoun on loan for the season would be a good move. Don't know much about Kakuta