General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

It's not Benteke he's currently with Genk preparing for Euro League tie!

Benteke looks like a poor mans Darren Bent to me. Sorry to be so negative but (at least his youtube vantity vids) are all poachers efforts but with lots of space given to him.

Compare that to some of the screamers you would see from a Bent, Gabby or even Weimann "best of" compilation and he doesnt come any where near as close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO1a3oA_xAw.

we would be buying a work in progress to develop. Which is fine but I doubt he would hit the ground running.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you can determine a lot from youtube videos. The fact is, unless you happen to watch a lot of Belgium football, there's no way you can form a serious opinion of him.

shrug. its the only info I have. maybe he is a different kind of player entirely. never seen him play. maybe someone here has?

**** all happening let's be honest...

This.

Looks lie we are going to be stuck with a mediocre squad till Jan, and that will most likely be a let down.

i'm not criticising the signings so far but it does feel like we are the only club not doing any business at the moment and if there is genuinely **** all happening behind the scenes then this is downright scary.

Now it's laughable that Fletcher could go for 12mil+ or Jarvis 10mil, it smacks of desperation in both senses.

However our squad isn't much better than it was last season and no matter how good Lambert is you really can't see him turning us into mid table heroes with the players we have already. People slated me when I said i was worried by how we played against Nottingham Forest, then we pretty much played exactly the same against West Ham and now people take our lack of width and cutting edge seriously.

On the bright side the window isn't shut, the season is only one game old and we knew nothing about any of the signings that happened until they were upon us, the Vlaar thing was an unexpected leak and very nearly didn't happen.

I have just recently posted a AVFC West Ham Utd match review, please use the following link - http://footballfanstoday.co.uk/2012/08/22/style-but-no-substance/

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

**** off with your spam!

No worse than most of the dross on this thread!

Your right, so the last thing it needs is off topic, self promoting posts of wannabee sports reporters! That kind a shit annoys me, it pops up everywhere on the web, so when I see it I get kinda prickley!

Anyway on topic, I pray we don't go anywhere near that overpriced Wolves dross! 15 million for Fletcher, thats 10 million more than Adebeyor! 10 million more than Berbertov's quoted price! 10 million for Jarvis ridiculous!

BTW Man U have done a very good job of dominating English football without having one big lump it to target man! Man U have targets up front but they play into feet or over the top to run on to! Arsenal when they won trophies didn't have a lump it to target man, Man City have one lump it to man and he hardley gets any games (Dzeko). As long as when the ball reaches one of the strikers it is kept and not given away thats all that matters, how it gets there is irrelevent. Bent is shit when it comes to keeping the ball so we need someone alongside him that can keep the ball with aplomb, and some big fella with average technique will be hit and miss much like Heskey!

Ireland has nice touches and link up play but the guys awareness is pretty average and his creativity is nowt special either. N'Zogbia has been piss poor for us and Holman is a very average player that works hard! None of that is going to carve open defenses on a regular basis. At least Albrighton offers some width and when confident good crosses. Gabby's pace, strength and directness keeps defences stretched. We missed those two badly on Saturday.

Brahimi probably doesn't interest us but he looks like he could be the creative spark we need!