General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

a mate of mine recently became a football agent and he is at VP on thurs. he represents a famous striker - his words - wont say who he is at this stage but said villa arent interested. he also thinks we'll struggle this year as we arent in the hunt for many of the players doing the rounds. eithe r we have a masterplan and noone knows it or the lack of movement is worrying

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a mate of mine recently became a football agent and he is at VP on thurs. he represents a famous striker - his words - wont say who he is at this stage but said villa arent interested. he also thinks we'll struggle this year as we arent in the hunt for many of the players doing the rounds. eithe r we have a masterplan and noone knows it or the lack of movement is worrying

The masterplan will be known.....

soon%20%281%29.jpg

I'd take it as a good sign if we're not after the players 'doing the rounds', i.e. the players agents are trying to tout. A lot of these will be players like Hutton and Warnock who clubs are most desperately trying to offload..

No offense pal, your mate recently became an agent and he said we weren't in for many players that were doing the rounds...I dont think its the kind of business where they run every potential deal by the new fish in the pond... and secondly the fact that we aren't in the hunt for many players "doing the rounds" is a good thing if they're anything like the players doing the rounds from our club (Hutton and Warnock).

If we are going to sign a targetman striker like Jones or Carroll we would need a supply winger and Jarvis would fit that bill so would Matthew Etherington though he is getting on now. Johnson might be more "exciting" but id rather either of these 2 for efficiency

If we are going to sign a targetman striker like Jones or Carroll we would need a supply winger and Jarvis would fit that bill so would Matthew Etherington though he is getting on now. Johnson might be more "exciting" but id rather either of these 2 for efficiency

Well, if you are planning on playing with width that is. I think it has been pretty clear that Lambert definitely prefers a narrower playing style so if we brought in a bigger striker/target man type of player then I think the plan would be to have that player hold the ball up and distribute it to Benty or hold it long enough to let the midfield get into better attacking positions, basically playing more of a Deep-lying Forward sort of role. And as I have mentioned numerous times before, the person who would operate PERFECTLY in our system as a Deep-Lying Forward is Dempsey or a player of that ilk.

How would people feel about Bentley?

I used to love Bentley when he played for Rovers, he was class. But over the years you could just see he is an absolute cock. He is the complete opposite of the type of player we said we wanted to buy, he does not seem hungry, except maybe for more money.

Liverpool aren't beating about the bush with Carroll are they?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-andy-carroll-urged-1271271

In this article it says he's snubbed us.

---

I'd still like us to sign Dane Brekken Shea.

With some of the prices touted for some other players, he'd be a bargain if it followed suit of MLS players costing a bit.

what does anyone think to giving someone like Jozy Altidore a shot at a few million and could be a good investment, is still young to improve at 22, 4 in first 2 games of season and 19 in 33 for AZ Alkmaar.. he didn't do too well at 18/19 when at Hull but shown glimpses of promise from what i remember.. is at a decent age.. thoughts?

Liverpool aren't beating about the bush with Carroll are they?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-andy-carroll-urged-1271271

In this article it says he's snubbed us.

---

I'd still like us to sign Dane Brekken Shea.

With some of the prices touted for some other players, he'd be a bargain if it followed suit of MLS players costing a bit.

Shea is a good player, but a total headcase. He went from being a sure thing on the national team, to playing awful all year, to setting up the winning goal against Mexico last week. No doubt he has talent, but the biggest roadblock in his future is himself. Having a terrible year, so the price would be low. Just don't expect an immediate return.

If any USA national team player were to join Villa, I'd want Fabian Johnson from Hoffenheim. Solid left back who loves to join the attack, and has played well against much better competition. Think he's better than most premier league fullbacks, especially since he's new to the position and has a ton of potential (could still easily start for us now). Most assume that he's destined to move up to the wing at some point, although another strong season at left back and that might change. Probably not a realistic transfer, though. He's made a huge impression on everyone in Germany, and would probably cost more than Lerner would want to pay.

what does anyone think to giving someone like Jozy Altidore a shot at a few million and could be a good investment, is still young to improve at 22, 4 in first 2 games of season and 19 in 33 for AZ Alkmaar.. he didn't do too well at 18/19 when at Hull but shown glimpses of promise from what i remember.. is at a decent age.. thoughts?

Yep, suggested him about a hundred pages ago. Think he would be a decent shout. Has really hit form i AZ and is still only 22.

Got 7 league assists, 1 goal (and one in the FA Cup) in 16 starts, 12 sub appearances for a rubbish Hull side as a teenager new to the league. Think he'd be worth a go now with a great season behind him (and already off and running this year) in a decent European league, but would be expensive. He's got the power and pace to make it here, would rather him than Jones or Carroll, as he can make goals for himself and others, and his technical abilities have been improving fairly steadily over the years.