General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

De Jong is just one of those players that is at a club where his wages are that high he's limited in the clubs he can realistically move on to. I mean kudos to him if he wants to take a pay cut but he's on more than we'd be willing to pay unless we had a few seasons in the Top 4, but by then he'd be too old anyway.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suso is entering his last 12 months of his contract.. he seems a bit irritated by the fact he hasn't got first team football.

I rate him and I think he'd join us if we gave him the chance, he seems settled in England and genuinely wants to play first team football imo I also think he will be part of the first team if he joined because he is that good.

Would liverpool let him leave? maybe if they still had Kenny.. Rodgers will probably develop him.

But one to keep an eye on for sure.

Lads we have to be realistic here

Nigel De Jong is out of our league

In a very big way

Completely agree, why even discuss it ? Christ its not as if he didnt play at all last season for City. They have a great roster of players, not all of them are going to start every week. Even if he did want to leave, and City would sell him, why on earth would he come to us ?

What we need to do is uncover a very similar player to NDJ

Or is KEA that player ?

We could certainly do with a midfield destroyer type player.

I would be slightly disappointed if KEA was used in that role, I dont think thats his game, he likes to dictate play. Has more to his game and we shouldnt stop him from doing that.

Lambert:

"Karim is someone I have been aware of for a while. I think he will be great for us. He is a very, very good footballer.

"I don't think he's a set player in terms of defensive or offensive. He can do most things and could do both roles if I asked him to do that.

"Certainly I won't curtail him and will let him play with freedom because I think that is the way he plays. He is a very good player.

"I think your eye as a manager tells you what a player is like in terms of their good habits and bad habits as well as how well they can move the ball.

"I think he can move the ball well and, at 27-years-old, he's an experienced player who has played international football.

Football Agent ‏@FootballAgent49

Several PL clubs have made enquiries about Manchester City's Adam Johnson, Sunderland and Aston Villa both interested.

2 mins ago.

:cheers:

im "intrested" in bending one up mila kunis, not gonna happen though.

You'll face some 'stiff' competition here, old boy!

What we need to do is uncover a very similar player to NDJ

Or is KEA that player ?

We could certainly do with a midfield destroyer type player.

I would be slightly disappointed if KEA was used in that role, I dont think thats his game, he likes to dictate play. Has more to his game and we shouldnt stop him from doing that.

Lambert:

"Karim is someone I have been aware of for a while. I think he will be great for us. He is a very, very good footballer.

"I don't think he's a set player in terms of defensive or offensive. He can do most things and could do both roles if I asked him to do that.

"Certainly I won't curtail him and will let him play with freedom because I think that is the way he plays. He is a very good player.

"I think your eye as a manager tells you what a player is like in terms of their good habits and bad habits as well as how well they can move the ball.

"I think he can move the ball well and, at 27-years-old, he's an experienced player who has played international football.

"FREEDOM"

:clap:

I'd love to see Johnson here, can play left or right, and pops up with a few goals.

Him, a striker and a LB, and I would be absolutely delighted!

All depends on how much money we have available though....

I'd love to see Johnson here, can play left or right, and pops up with a few goals.

Him, a striker and a LB, and I would be absolutely delighted!

All depends on how much money we have available though....

We have at least £10-£20 million left. McLeish was given £20 million and he wasn't tasked with rebuilding like Lambert has. Lambert should have been given at least £30 million, he's spent £10 million already.