General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea sign Oscar. Meaning they have Oscar, E. Hazard, T. Hazard, Mata, Marin, de Bruyne, Sturridge, who can play in one or more of the 3 positions behind/around the striker.

Can we sign Sturridge now?

I second that. I don't think he'll see much playing time at all with Chelsea. He's a wasted talent there. He's their James Milner.

sturridge is the greediest footballer i have ever seen. no thanks.

you reckon?

fat+ronaldo.jpg

Have some god-damn respect for the greatest striker* ever!

*read - my favourite

Mine too. Although going from unstoppable to seemingly needing to be pushed round the pitch by a Brazilian youth player is quite a fall from grace.

Still, watching him play for Barcelona was unbelievable.

Oscar is a central midfield playmaker, doesn't really play behind a striker. Sturridge is not a second striker in a typical sense. He likes to come deep to pick up the ball and run at players, but he doesn't have the vision, awareness, or passing ability needed to play in the hole. Thats why at bolton he played off a target man or on the left wing and at chelsea he played left or right wing.

Chelsea are going to play a 4-5-1 for sure so for that they will need 5/6 attacking mids in their squad plus 5/6 centre mids. Now if Chelsea go and sign Hulk you can say Sturridge may be off. But as it stands they only have 3 recognised strikers Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku (who is going out on loan most likely) Which means currently sturridge is very much needed in their squad!

So forget Sturridge guys!

sturridge is the greediest footballer i have ever seen. no thanks.

you reckon?

fat+ronaldo.jpg

Have some god-damn respect for the greatest striker* ever!

*read - my favourite

Mine too. Although going from unstoppable to seemingly needing to be pushed round the pitch by a Brazilian youth player is quite a fall from grace.

Still, watching him play for Barcelona was unbelievable.

brazilians must have seriously calorie high diets, because it seems as soon as they stop playing football, even during the close season, they pork up an incredible amount

Don't the Man City's and Chelsea's of the world have to hang onto at least 8 'home grown' players these days? This means the likes of Milner and Sturridge will unfortunately go stale at these big clubs, as they won't want to offload them to other clubs to keep their quota up....

brazilians must have seriously calorie high diets, because it seems as soon as they stop playing football, even during the close season, they pork up an incredible amount

There's a massive Brazilian population near where I live, so there are several bakeries, cafes and such I go to occasionally. A single slice of their cake (let alone a whole meal, which is usually almost entirely meat, cheese and bread [often stuffed together and fried]) will ground me for hours, and I'm 6'7", ~235 lbs.

There's a massive Brazilian population near where I live, so there are several bakeries, cafes and such I go to occasionally. A single slice of their cake (let alone a whole meal, which is usually almost entirely meat, cheese and bread [often stuffed together and fried]) will ground me for hours, and I'm 6'7", ~235 lbs.

Are you Jack Reacher? :winkold: