Speculation: Yacine Brahimi (Rennes)

Eric

It's genuinely so strange to hear about us going for young foreign starlets. I love it!!

Yes just as long as the core of the team remains British. this is important in my opinion.

I couldn't give a stuff where they came from as long as they are good, improve us and enable us to compete a lot higher up the table

Absolutely I agree but for this to happen the majority of the squad should dare I say "need" to be British. This is a British club competing in a British league. To fill the team with a smorgasboard of nationalities cannot help team bonding.

No. Pos Player

2 DF Micah Richards (vice-captain)

4 DF Vincent Kompany (captain)

5 DF Pablo Zabaleta

6 DF Joleon Lescott

7 MF James Milner

9 FW Emmanuel Adebayor

10 FW Edin Džeko

11 MF Adam Johnson

13 DF Aleksandar Kolarov

14 FW Roque Santa Cruz

15 DF Stefan Savić

16 FW Sergio Agüero

18 MF Gareth Barry

19 MF Samir Nasri

21 MF David Silva

22 DF Gaël Clichy

25 GK Joe Hart

28 DF Kolo Touré

30 GK Costel Pantilimon

32 FW Carlos Tévez

34 MF Nigel de Jong

38 DF Dedryck Boyata

40 MF Vladimír Weiss

42 MF Yaya Touré

43 FW Alex Nimely

45 FW Mario Balotelli

50 MF Abdisalam Ibrahim

62 MF Abdul Razak

— MF Michael Johnson

I'd take that squad and the six British players who actually got anywhere near the first team...

It's genuinely so strange to hear about us going for young foreign starlets. I love it!!

Yes just as long as the core of the team remains British. this is important in my opinion.

I couldn't give a stuff where they came from as long as they are good, improve us and enable us to compete a lot higher up the table

Absolutely I agree but for this to happen the majority of the squad should dare I say "need" to be British. This is a British club competing in a British league. To fill the team with a smorgasboard of nationalities cannot help team bonding.

Can't agree with this. Not being able to bond successfully as a team because of different nationalities is a ridiculous notion. I have no doubt whatoever that statistics would show that in modern football there is no advantage in having a 'core' of players native to the league a certain team is playing in. Arsenal's invincibles certainly didn't. Inter has had a core of Argentinians for the last 10-15 years and have done alright. The idea that you can't bond with someone because they're foreign is absurd. Or that someone who's foreign can't form part of the core of the team.

Petrov has been a stronger presence in the Villa side for the past six years than any British player has.

Maybe someone like Samir Carruthers has impressed PL enough in the first couple of training sessions and he feels he could spend the money better elsewhere?! You know as an alternative to it being completely fabricated in the first place.

Quasi-racist bullshit.

-------------------------Lehmann----------------------

Lauren--------Campbell--------Touré-----------Cole

Ljungberg-------Viera---------Gilberto---------Pires

-----------------Bergkamp-------Henry----------------

A team gathered from England, France, Cameroon, Germany, Ivory Coast, Sweden, Brazil and Holland. Unbeaten in the league.

Â