Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

When we first signed KEA i said it was the kind of signing we'd all be envious of newcastle making.

He looked good in a decent european league, had a decent reputation and was costing little.

But he just doesn't look up to it. Of course he needs to come to terms with the league but for me he doesn't look like he has the physical ability to handle the league, he's not quick and he's quite pathetically weak. He's also not that good technically so that side of his game doesn't make up for his lack of physical attributes.

I won't completely write him off but i'm not confident he will become an important regular player for us.

i wonder if he could get more a more physical build during the summer break, like Gabby did a season or 2 ago?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a great believer in the idea that some foreign imports need a season to adjust to the pace of the game in Britain

Took Petrov a season to adjust...

Bergkamp had a pretty poor 1st season too for Arsenal and he is one of the greatest players Ive ever seen live. 

I'm not suggesting KEA is in that class! but he might be useful IF he can get to grips with the pace of it all over here. 

Also he only passes sideways so if recent history is anything to go by he's perfect for us!!

I always thought he was a decent midfielder, and that him and Westwood would be good in the middle.

He just slightly lost his way in the last few months.

If he can rediscover his form from the earlier months of the season, then he could help us stay up.

KEA does have quality, he just hasn't been able to adjust to the prem as quick as Benteke. We need to be playing him when we get him back, hes much better compared to our current mids.

Delph seems to have improved alot lately, I would partner KEA with Delph or Westwood & it could be a tidy combo. As long as Bannan doesn't play at CM.

I think there's a player in there somewhere. He started off strong and confident, but got a little tentative in the games he played.

A combination of

--KEA-Westwood--Delph

------------CNZ-------------

------Benteke---Weimann

That would be workable.

I think we're missing KEA right now. 

that tends to be how it works around here:

1 - sign player - he's brilliant

2 - plays a few games - great signing

3 - pace of the new league catches up with him - he's shit, worst signing ever

4 - dropped to bench - waste of money, pissing away our limited resources again

5 - out dropped/injured/on international duty for a while - he's the missing link, he'll make a massive difference when he comes back

6 - go to number 3 and repeat

• Like 3

I thought KEA was good and shouldn't have been dropped. I think he'll come back in and make a difference if he gets picked again. 

ah to be honest i think he'll be a good player for us after this season. it'll just take him a while to get used to the speed of the game really. i just found it funny that my post above is almost exclusively how things work round here

**** knows what'll happen if joe bennett is out for any length of time :lol:

The last time I saw him, I think, was at home to Tottenham. One of the worst displays I have ever seen, inlcuding from KEA who was so lost in the middle it was frightening. No time on the ball, made no room for himself or others, just passed it to badly positioned teammates just to get rid of it and went into rash tackles.

The last time I saw him, I think, was at home to Tottenham. One of the worst displays I have ever seen, inlcuding from KEA who was so lost in the middle it was frightening. No time on the ball, made no room for himself or others, just passed it to badly positioned teammates just to get rid of it and went into rash tackles.

i don't think he's a player who'll work particularly well in a struggling team with poor players, but he does strike me as someone who'll grow into that DM role over the next year or so

if we went down and he stayed i think he'd actually turn out a far, far better player for the physicality down there. i also think it'd do wiemann the world of good, but that's for another thread

Â