Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I personally think KEA is a decent footballer, he may not have adapted to the Premiership just yet but I think he will.

If we had an imposing defensive midfielder, I reckon KEA, alongside Westwood would really benefit the team as a midfield three.

To be fair, most of our central midfielders would benefit playing alongside a midfield destroyer - it's something we lack!

Edited by theboyangel

Sell him if he hasn't improved by the end of the season.

jesus christ

if every club took that approach it'd be a circus. players take different lengths of time to settle in. milner and downing didnt pull up many trees in their first season

Everyone seemed to be hailing this signing at the beginning of the season. Got the impression that the most of us thought he looked good.

Been really poor the last few matches I've seen him though. To me he looks like a different player, seems phased by the pace of the league.

Anyone got any thoughts on what's happened to him? Did I completely misjudge him at the start of the season?

jesus christ

if every club took that approach it'd be a circus. players take different lengths of time to settle in. milner and downing didnt pull up many trees in their first season

but..

Sometimes it is possible to tell very quickly if someone is good enough. He simply isn't good enough.

and this has been my view for quite some time and this is also the case with Delph.

AvfcRigo82 - If you can't see the ludicrousness of your logic then there is no hope for you! (If you mean both those contradicting quotes)

Delph has been here ages anyway, and so he'd be one of the examples where he hasn't turned it around, which KEA still can (having been here half a season).

When we first signed KEA i said it was the kind of signing we'd all be envious of newcastle making.

He looked good in a decent european league, had a decent reputation and was costing little.

But he just doesn't look up to it. Of course he needs to come to terms with the league but for me he doesn't look like he has the physical ability to handle the league, he's not quick and he's quite pathetically weak. He's also not that good technically so that side of his game doesn't make up for his lack of physical attributes.

I won't completely write him off but i'm not confident he will become an important regular player for us.

I think like most of our midfielders he is being left exposed by the severe imbalance of the partnerships we put in the middle. Westwood has proved to be an exception to that rule, however at times himself has been overawed. We need a dominant central midfielder asap, we have for years and have never got one. Its so blindingly obvious, when every year we lose midfield battles and have to rely on individual qualities of wingers and front men. El Ahmadi hasn't impressed recently but I can't see him ever impressing alongside the likes of Westwood and Delph when they all play a similar type of game.

I'd be shocked if we don't get in another central midfielder this month.

KEA is a strange player who isnt a bad player but isnt in the right league

I think he is in the wrong team to be honest.

He was excellent for us last season but we play a much more attacking game than Villa. He was not really the passer in our team but really hunted down the opposition (in their own half) and retrieved a lot of possession. I've seen a fair amount of Villa games this season and he just needs to sit too deep and defend too much.

Â