Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I liked the way he stayed in position today and didn't drift if that makes sense

For you, surprisngly yes!

Next week we'll work on grammar and punctuation.

Should work on your spelling first

Glad KEA had a good game, hopefully he hits the ground running when the season kicks off

Didn't see the game but sounds promising albeit against Burton. Sounds like he is always looking for the ball which is nice to hear.

very rare any of our players ever want the ball so this sounds really promising :D

Desperately trying not to get too excited just yet, but he just looked some calm and collected on the ball yesterday.

It just goes to show what value you can get buying abroad when it comes to technical ability.

I'm really excited to see how he will link up with SI, assuming that he is in Lambert's plans of course.

-------------Given--------------

Lichaj--Clark--NewCB--Lawton

--------Karim----Makoun-------

--------------Ireland------------

----Holman---------Gabby------

----------------Bent-------------

Even if we buy just one new CB.. we still have a good starting 11. Although i can see a new LB coming in with Lawton on the other side.

Possibly a new striker and winger.

-------------Given--------------

--------Karim----Makoun-------

--------------Ireland------------

----Holman---------Gabby------

----------------Bent-------------

Even if we buy just one new CB.. we still have a good starting 11. Although i can see a new LB coming in with Lawton on the other side.

Possibly a new striker and winger.

Like that lineup. Would probably only work where width isn't a requirement, though. And who is this Lawton of whom you speak? ;)

I would want to see that defence in action against top opposition before passing comment, also "NewCB" is a huge variable, if its Ramis, I've no real idea on him having never seen him play

I would want to see that defence in action against top opposition before passing comment, also "NewCB" is a huge variable, if its Ramis, I've no real idea on him having never seen him play

I agree wholeheartedly. Kind of, because I did pass comment earlier.

I think the concern is valid, but what's the other option? Pay through the nose for experienced players or potential worldies, or trust the management we have to pick a team?

If that's the defence they picked, I'd trust them until proven otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Really really excited about this chap. Looked so classy in pre-season.

Bit concerned about him in a 2 man midfield with Ireland, but I think at home we should be looking to have them both in the side with a solid DM who holds their position. If Lambert can persuade Herd to stay still I do think he could be the man to do that.

Away from home maybe a 3 man midfield with El Ahmadi further forward but Bannan and Herd deeper?

Â