Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney has gone 3 major international tournaments and only scored one goal, this is despite scoring 4 as an 18 year old in 2004.

But his ratio is 1 in 2 in this tournament. :winkold:

Anyway time to start preparing for Brazil 2014 qualification now. Time Oxlade-Chamberlain, Smalling and Welbeck step up to the mark. I hate FIFA but credit to them for taking the world cup to Brazil. I will be there.

Ah cheers.

I was under the impression that they were, in fact, over.

Thanks for letting us know :thumb:

Please stop following me around the forum, both here and in the off topic section. Very annoying. :thumb:

Don't flatter yourself.

And it was a joke.

England's most frequent passing combination was between Joe Hart and Andy Carroll, who entered the game as a substitute frontman after an hour.

I miss the Rooney of 2004. Fearless, quick and unpredictable. Some solid foundations to build on for Brazil 2014. With what I expect to be a much younger squad, we have the potential to be semi entertaining!

pirlo made 10 more passes than entire england midfield combined

Stats only tell so much, but that is flipping absurd.

Is that true - What a stat!

Have you got the site

Get on the Twitters. @OptaJoe is where most of the stats seem to come from these days. It's always funny when you hear commentators and pundits quote something the OptaJoe account tweeted verbatim.

Yeah there are loads of opts people on twitter, like @optajean who gives you loads of French team stats

I'm sure there's also a villa fan on twitter who works for opta, I think his names Omar something, he'll answer some requests over the course of the season

If England had won it on penalties, they'd have gotten slaughtered by Germany. Just not enough quality. Spain and Germany are on an entirely different level.

Italy bossed the game and deserved to win, really.

But what was Ashley Cole thinking. That was a comedy penalty kick. Diana Ross style. What was Roy doing having Cole go before Carroll, Parker or Walcott? Ridiculous.

When Young hit the bar, I knew it was over for England anyway...

All in all, a decent showing...time to bleed the youth and phase out players like Terry, Barry, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, Parker...

Well Parker was off the pitch so couldn't take one and I get the feeling Walcott bottled his and was probably behind the bloke who says the penalties from the dutch players in that advert.

Cole is usually a good penalty taker. He's scored both times in the Chelsea champions league final shoot outs and also for England in the Portugal 2004 penalties. Just Buffon psyched him out on this occasion.

Cole is usually a good penalty taker. He's scored both times in the Chelsea champions league final shoot outs and also for England in the Portugal 2004 penalties. Just Buffon psyched him out on this occasion.

I think it was the Pirlo penalty psyched England out, Young look petrified and Cole is usually solid penalty taker like you said

Â