Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Milner still on at that stage though?

Would have been premature to take Parker off at the time Walcott came on IMO.

IMO Young who was utterly useless should have been taken off, Milner was having a good game until then.

Roy saying that possession isnt everything, it depends on which area of the field the possession is in...

but admitted that we didn't keep the ball enough and make better use of decent positions and this added to our tiredness...

Gerrard just churning out the cliches like "we gave everything" and "no more effort could have been put in"

Ashley Cole spent most of last night going missing. Which was unfortunate because Ashley Young wasn't doing as much tracking back as he should - but then maybe he thought he didn't need to, what with Cole being back there.

I was up for England but they just looked like they don't have it in them. They're just not good enough. It's clear that the English league is one of the best because of the foreigners that are in it. One thing that needs to happen is WE need to buy Adam Johnson from Citeh. That'd sort out England's righthand side of midfield.

I do think Woy got his tactics wong. It should have been 5 in midfield to stifle Italy and to help Gerrard & Parker so they weren't overworked. In extra time they were dead on their feet. Woy should have started with Walcott on the right with Milner in alongside Gerrard & Parker and Rooney up on his own. That way, they have the option of bringing Young inside later on and bringing on Oxlade-Chamberlain or bringing on a 2nd striker if he sees it working.

As it was, he wasted Milner on the right and wasted the righthand side in the process. He killed Gerrard & Parker with too much running and it meant Italy controlled the match from the half hour mark onwards.

I do think whoever won last night will only be losing to Germany anyway, but to be outclassed by that much by a middling Italian side is a wake up call.

Ashley Cole spent most of last night going missing. Which was unfortunate because Ashley Young wasn't doing as much tracking back as he should - but then maybe he thought he didn't need to, what with Cole being back there.

I was up for England but they just looked like they don't have it in them. They're just not good enough. It's clear that the English league is one of the best because of the foreigners that are in it. One thing that needs to happen is WE need to buy Adam Johnson from Citeh. That'd sort out England's righthand side of midfield.

I do think Woy got his tactics wong. It should have been 5 in midfield to stifle Italy and to help Gerrard & Parker so they weren't overworked. In extra time they were dead on their feet. Woy should have started with Walcott on the right with Milner in alongside Gerrard & Parker and Rooney up on his own. That way, they have the option of bringing Young inside later on and bringing on Oxlade-Chamberlain or bringing on a 2nd striker if he sees it working.

As it was, he wasted Milner on the right and wasted the righthand side in the process. He killed Gerrard & Parker with too much running and it meant Italy controlled the match from the half hour mark onwards.

I do think whoever won last night will only be losing to Germany anyway, but to be outclassed by that much by a middling Italian side is a wake up call.

Yes, I would agree with that.

I think Hart is our only 'World Class' player.

he is a word removed but cant deny Ashley Cole posiiton as world class. would walk into any team in the world

Yep, I'd agree with this. Cole and Hart are our best players by a mile.

Hopefully they will explain what that 2nd half performance was all about

Much worse than anything Capello dished up

Short memory, no?

England 0-0 Algeria was far, far, far worse.

Ah cheers.

I was under the impression that they were, in fact, over.

Thanks for letting us know :thumb:

Please stop following me around the forum, both here and in the off topic section. Very annoying. :thumb:

Â