2012 - 13 Fixtures due tomorrow

AstonMartin82

Bit of an anticlimax really. I woke up this morning, really looking forward to the fixtures, but apart from looking at the first and last home and away games, boxing day match, and a few games against my mates' teams, it's all a bit meh. Nothing to get excited about.

I never in a million years thought I'd say this, but I miss small heath a little bit. Back when they were in our league, it'd be the first two fixtures I looked for, and give me a genuine buzz of excitement and expectation.

did you not know what teams were in the premier league next season till the fixtures were released?

Personally, i'm happy to see the back of Small Heath.

Well yeah of course I did. Don't know what I was expecting to be honest. As I say though, once I saw them, it was just a bit dull. Same old teams. No new grounds to go to. No games that genuinely get me excited. I may feel differently, when the new season is about to start, and Mr Lambert's exciting new Villa side is starting to take shape, but at the moment, I refer you back to meh.

It is funny that small heath aren't in the Prem, but at the same time, I do miss the Derby games. The fixtures are lacking a little without them, I have to say.

All the games will be moved about all over the place for TV and cups... so wouldnt worry too much yet.
Yeah, but even if they are moved, 90% of the time they'll fall on the same weekend, which is no good to me!

I wouldn't want to see SHA back in the Premier League, but I would like to meet them in one of the cups. I still want revenge for a couple of years ago.

We're Aston Villa.

That's the sweetest revenge you can get, 24-7, 365 days a year.

Bit of an anticlimax really. I woke up this morning, really looking forward to the fixtures, but apart from looking at the first and last home and away games, boxing day match, and a few games against my mates' teams, it's all a bit meh. Nothing to get excited about.

one things for sure, we are definatley more excited then we were this time last year

2 months and counting

Could be an expensive 2nd half of the year, the first 6 away games are all ones I haven't done with Villa, but want to. They're all either extreme north or London/south coast too. Hm.

Can't get a ST because I'm away for the 2nd half of the season so was going to do every away game until Christmas at grounds I haven't been to before to tick some more grounds off but most of the ones I've never been to are after Christmas too!

Werewolf already yapping the w@nker

West Ham United co-chairman David Gold admits he is hoping for revenge against Aston Villa after they were paired together on the opening day of the Premier League season.

The Hammers are back in the top flight after just one year in the Championship and once again begin their campaign against Villa, the team they played on the opening day of the season two years ago.

Back then Avram Grant's side were thrashed 3-0 at Villa Park, with the season ultimately ending in the heartbreak of relegation.

Gold admits he is keen to see his side gain revenge on the Midlanders when they arrive at Upton Park on August 18.

"It's going to be extremely exciting; we're back in the Premier League," Gold told Sky Sports News.

"It's Aston Villa first, I'm pleased about that for a number of reasons, one being the last time we played them on the first game of the season two years ago they beat us 3-0 at Aston Villa, so I'm looking forward to them coming here and hopefully we can reverse the score.

Good start

""This is the Premier League, the most exciting league the world has ever known, I really don't mind who we play." "

David Gold

Quotes of the week

"I think it is important to get off to a good start; the season before last in the Premier League I think we lost our first four games because we were playing big clubs.

"But at home to Aston Villa and away at Swansea, they are winnable games or games you can expect to get something from so we are very excited about it."

When quizzed on the rest of West Ham's fixtures, Gold admitted he sees every game as a highlight, such is the prestige of playing in England's top division.

"I think the Spurs game at home will be exciting, Arsenal at home too, Manchester United, Manchester City, I could go on and on," he added.

"We're back in the Premier League, every game is a club with history, whether it is one we are seeking revenge as we are against Aston Villa or that it is just a great club coming to Upton Park.

"Whether we are playing super clubs or teams that have come up with us like Reading or Southampton, I could make a case that they are all exciting.

Premier League

"This is the Premier League, the most exciting league the world has ever known, I really don't mind who we play."

Gold also revealed that the club's finances have recovered significantly since he and co-chairman David Sullivan bought the club from Icelandic group CB Holding in 2010.

The previous ownership had laden the club with significant debts and a spiralling wage bill which Gold admits had pushed the club perilously close to administration.

However, the 75-year-old is much more optimistic about the club's future, saying: "The club gets stronger with every passing day, when we first arrived it was scary times, the club was close to administration.

"We are clawing our way from that from those issues, we are getting stronger financially.

"The morale is high and the future is bright."

I never in a million years thought I'd say this, but I miss small heath a little bit. Back when they were in our league, it'd be the first two fixtures I looked for, and give me a genuine buzz of excitement and expectation.

Definitely.

West Brom is just not the same.

****! im in London from 7th to 11th and theres no bloody games on?? is it world cup qualifiers?? :(

My one chance to visit Villa Park gone!... european tour till 23rd.. cyrpus 23rd till 6th before home.

Any chance of a cup game or something that weekend?

Absolutely gutted...........

Definitely.

West Brom is just not the same.

Yes, chicken pox is an anti-climax to smallpox.

I said NOT any promoted sides near the start of the season FFS.

2 in the first five games, both away, and a couple of tough home matches to get things kicking off.

Man, it's nice to be excited about the villa again. And Lambert wasn't really one of the chaps I wanted in!

Send Norwich down at their place on May 4th, anyone? :winkold:

Or visa versa, now thats what I call karma.

This is like waking up the next morning after your house party to find that unwanted guest still hanging around in your kitchen. You try to be polite for a while, but sooner or later you're going to have to tell them to **** off.

Wow!

You can swear, 20 million years in the making and you can swear.....jeez!

Send Norwich down at their place on May 4th, anyone? :winkold:

Or visa versa, now thats what I call karma.

This is like waking up the next morning after your house party to find that unwanted guest still hanging around in your kitchen. You try to be polite for a while, but sooner or later you're going to have to tell them to **** off.

Wow!

You can swear, 20 million years in the making and you can swear.....jeez!

Why are you still here!? Get out my house!

Â