2012 - 13 Fixtures due tomorrow

AstonMartin82

Premier League fixtures come out tomorrow morning.

I would like a home game against Norwich to start the season off. If not Norwich then at least another team where we have a good chance of starting on a winning note.

Unlike last season, I wouldn't want a really easy start... it's for this reason that McLeish probably managed to stay in the job for the whole season (it wan't until October before we played any team from the top half from the previous season and yet we had still only just scraped 2 wins). A more balanced distribution of easier and harder games would be welcome.

We seem to always hit the good teams around Christmas period... it'd be nice to celebrate with a greater chance of a victory.

Games I'll be looking out for are obviously WBA, Sunderland and Norwich.

As to seasons prospects, currently I would be happy with a mid-table finish, however given that this is possibly the weakest Premier League in history then a top 8 finish shouldn't be totally out of the question.

Wigan, WHU, WBA, Swansea, Stoke, Southampton, Reading, QPR and Norwich are all teams which we should be conquering easily. The quality of this coming season is very poor IMO.

Am I right in thinking its now ok to list fixtures or not? Got this vague memory there was a ruling change last year.

Yeah a mixed start works for me, if anything i'd like a couple of toughies out of the way sooner and also I theorise probably slightly better chance of beating them before they have got up to speed as it were

given that this is possibly the weakest Premier League in history then a top 8 finish shouldn't be totally out of the question.

Wigan, WHU, WBA, Swansea, Stoke, Southampton, Reading, QPR and Norwich are all teams which we should be conquering easily. The quality of this coming season is very poor IMO.

Really, Reading & Southampon two teams that play good exciting football and have a fair bit of money to spend may be thinking that we will be an easy touch after last season, QPR will have money to spend and WILL spend, West Brom, Norwich & Swansea will be unpredictable under new managers just as we will, Stoke will be mid table again, West Ham I'm not sure about and Wigan like Coventry & Southampton years and years ago will eventually flirt with relegation once to often and finally go down.

What I'm tring to say is, on paper yes we should be finishing above these teams and whilst I know ths season is going to be better than last but I just don't see this as being possibly one of the weakest in PL history.....UTV SOTC

Avoid the promoted teams first 4 games please, especially away.

I predict there will be a weekend line-up somewhere of Man U, Man C, Chelsea and Le Arse playing each other.

Norwich away first game would be interesting!

Wouldn't it just and an easy home win.

We should be capable of beating the dross and would give us a great start.

Even with you having a new manager that you are not really convinced by?

I know you are sharing some banter with villa fans on here about lambert , mcnasty and all things connected to our new manager but to be honest I wouldn't be posting that villa are dross, that is just not on and goes a little further than banter

Yes, because its based on seeing us destroy you at our place, your keeper prevented a rout that day.

Lamberts good but he can't raise the dead.

I know you are sharing some banter with villa fans on here about lambert , mcnasty and all things connected to our new manager but to be honest I wouldn't be posting that villa are dross, that is just not on and goes a little further than banter

Fair point Richard, apologies. :oops:

Yes, because its based on seeing us destroy you at our place, your keeper prevented a rout that day.

And to be honest I think he has proven in the last three years that he is capable of that, your club was flat lining when he took over. But this is a fixtures thread not another lambert thread.

On the easy v hard fixture start I'd love a bunch of easier fixtures to start and build momentum

And to be honest I think he has proven in the last three years that he is capable of that, your club was flat lining when he took over. But this is a fixtures thread not another lambert thread.

On the easy v hard fixture start I'd love a bunch of easier fixtures to start

and build momentum

Is there any easy fixtures mate?

Im more worried about the 8th of September. I will be in London for that weekend. Pleeeasee let it be a home game so i can make my debut at VP!

If not ill have to make do with an away fixture if at all possible. Swansea away - No GO!

Am I right in thinking its now ok to list fixtures or not? Got this vague memory there was a ruling change last year.

Please read the posting guidelines.

Â