Euro 2012: Group D (Eng, Fra, Ukr, Swe)

TrentVilla

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly a fluke goal. Well struck, but poor keeping.

Fortunate rather than fluke. To hit it through that many players and beat Hart at the near post like that it has to be as much a lucky strike as it does a good one.

Not sure what to think overall. We defended well and France's only plan seemed to be to hit them from range. We got a bit too deep at the end of both halves which is disappointing.

I suppose as expected, we're very solid at the back and will rely on a few quick breaks and set peices.

England better than I expected but still not that great - Welbeck is really not much cop imo and we really never looked like creating a really great chance from open play.

As for the ref... well, on the one hand, I'm quite happy to see a ref that is prepared to let a load of the scrappy fouls go by, on the other hand he was pathetically inconsistent. All in all a bit shit.

Still, a decent start for England.

I thought England played really well first half, 10 times better than I was expecting.

Second half passed us by a bit, and France certainly looked more likely to score, but good defending, good organisation and a good point from the hardest game in the group.

Always liked Shevchenko, a shame we never saw the best of him in England, for Milan he was terrifyingly good. Nice chap by all accounts too.

And, of course, in this match...

MELLBERG! <3

Always liked Shevchenko, a shame we never saw the best of him in England, for Milan he was terrifyingly good. Nice chap by all accounts too.

And, of course, in this match...

MELLBERG! <3

I expected Hansen and co to slaughter him in the build up, saying he was too old, couldn't cut it at Chelsea etc. Glad they had only good things to say about him. Want Ukraine to win just for Shevchenko. I like watching Ibrahimovic too even if he's a dick and you never really know what player will show up.

Â