No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I am pretty sure Solskjær has a "get out"-clause if and when an English club comes along, so getting him will not be any problem with regards to FK Molde.

The word is (on redcafe) he could leave after 2 seasons if a prem club came in for him... But he could leave sooner than that if it was for a club in the Manchester area :-)

Have to admire his forward thinking if he really has this clause on the off chance Man U came in for him after 1 year into management :-)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im swedish but im sure that will do ;) been reading the tweets on the norweigan webpage, as well as the comments. most of them seem to take Oles side, even though the prospect of seeing him leave is sad they are still happy for him! i dont think anyone in norway expected him to stay there for any extended period of time!
:thumb:

Could there be some classic psychology at play here...

Rather like the limited offer principle. As in when there is a threat that a reasonably attractive offer might be withdrawn, even if it is not the initially preferred offer it becomes exponentially more attractive due the fear of missing out.

So, I think most people's initial reactions were to feel a bit surprised, not quite sure about the idea of OGS. I know those were my reactions. Then it might have grown on a few of us, but as soon as it seems that the possibility might be fading, the deal might be withdrawn... we're all desperate for him to come, convinced that THIS is the deal we need to make. No other option could possibly be as good. We mustn't miss out!

And of course, I feel the same. :)

What I'm wondering is... are the club doing this on purpose? :shock: :)

You raise an interesting point, Intercourse, (ha!). I think that video has a lot to do with the clamour, though. He comes across as impossible to dislike, dedicated and serious. Plus a lot of people who know a bit about him have posted on this thread singing his praises.

Yeah, I'm only kind of half-serious, half-tongue-in-cheek with this :)

I must admit, like many, the idea of OGS at the helm at VP was growing on me before the doubts over the deal emerged.

Only since then, other people have said things like "I want OGS even more than Pep!" And I find myself agreeing with them!

And course the club wouldn't do something like that to play the fans on purpose... or would they... :)

also 1 thing i think is important is that he personally seems very interested in the job, if its true that bigger clubs and even CL clubs have shown interest but he has sent them adrift. and then comes along villa who is now a bottom feeder in pl to be honest and suddenly he is in birmingham. and i think that he wants the job because he really feels this is the right job and move for him now and he know he can do a good job here. btw im norwegian and almost everyone sees røkke as the clown, and may i add i thing aker splitting with molde was in the cards longtime and OGS is a scapegoat saddly or maybe for us good

Don't worry guys. He will be our manager. I am certain of that.

ITK?

Oh I wish mate.

Just from the vibes I am getting from the Norweigan jounalist I have spoken to on twitter. Obviously, I am just guessing. Just like most fans are guessing the other way now. I am remaining positive that this will happen. It just fits. We'll see.

UTV

Has this been posted?

Latest interview with Solskjær with Norwegian TV2.

Interesting choice of words.

- I haven't been offered anything. I've said no to some clubs, that next season will play in the Championship and the PL. But when Aston Villa entered the frame they are such a big club that I wanted to hear what they had to say.

- Will you continue at Molde?

- Yes! I'm the manager of Molde FC. I'm under contract for two more years. I had a manager at United who gave me the advice to talk to people. I'm an experience richer. This was not a job interview as such

Link in norwegian

:detect::suspect:

Maybe we should do a repeat of last year, but instead of protesting in front of the Holte how about a show of support for OGS?

"Solskjaer very welcome"

"OGS in!"

"Ole Ole Ole!"

^This This^ 8)

I wonder if OGS started out as a back up plan - but given his popularity - Maybe they won't bother with the others and close the deal early next week.

Its a message to the others - if you want the job - don't mess about - OGS is in the wings.

I would prefer Lambert myself - but if it gets protracted and drawn out - and it doesn't look imminent - and OGS is all lined up , go for it.

My impressions, as a Norwegian fan:

First of all, I'm quite convinced Ole Gunnar Solskjær is going to be our manager. There's too much pointing in this direction. And even the things that don't might as well point towards Sunny and AV being professional putting the lid on things until loose ends is tied up.

In Norway, most people sympathize with OGS as it seems. Several reasons: Molde is not that big a club in Norway (clubs like Rosenborg, Brann and Vålerenga has way more fans) so most people are not naturally inclined to support Molde as a club. But most importantly, the actions of Røkke's company Aker Solutions and the way those actions have been conducted and communicated, Røkke & co comes across as the bad guys punishing Molde for being angry with their manager. Frankly, this has to one great big PR cock-up from Røkke and his partners.

For us, on the other hand, it is an advantage. Sunny knows now that his job in Molde will be more difficult, which of course makes the Villa job a more tempting proposition. Of course, I believe that all this is hypothetical, since OGS and Villa has already agreed about all but details.

So Ole only won the league because he has some strong financial backing, interesting...

Not at all. He didn't use the money afforded to him he used nothing but tactics and changing the playing style. He took Molde from a hoofball playing side to playing like Man Utd and it worked wonders.

Supernova26: Most definitely not true. Finance is just one part of the equation. Besides, money in itself doesn't amount to much without capable leadership putting the money to good use.

The word is (on redcafe) he could leave after 2 seasons if a prem club came in for him... But he could leave sooner than that if it was for a club in the Manchester area :-)

Have to admire his forward thinking if he really has this clause on the off chance Man U came in for him after 1 year into management :-)

Saw that in one of the Norwegian articles (can still read a little despite moving away as a small child many years ago). I thought it said he could go for free at the end of the season if an opportunity arose in the Manchester area. I think that's more to do with the fact that it was his home for 15 yeas and his kids have spent most of their lives there than with expectations that the ManU job might come open. Do you think he'd blow us off for Wigan if Martinez goes to plop?