No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Dear OGS

99% of Villa fans want you here. The previous record for Villa fans agreeing on anything was 87%. Please come as soon as possible.

Dear Randy

Hope you're listening

Yours sincerely

Crackpot Foreigner

Agreed. It would be great to feel united once more!!!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad told me a funny story, he played football with OGS in the army, he told me he wasnt any excaptionally footballer and that he would never thought he would play in tippeligaen, let alone premier league. i guess he was a pretty late bloomer =P

OGS will be appointed, Randy Lerner flew back to U.S.A because it's the week-end and "HE CAN" he has a family out there and other comitments (Aston Villa is not his only investment in the sporting world) Plus his own private jet, as far as i know no one has ever thought he may have family issues or the Browns are kicking off as they wont get a payrise.

This is going to be a long weekend. A part of me wishes that if we're not going to get him let's just get it over and done with, although another part of me is glad that there is still hope.

I'll be shitting bricks come Monday.

This whole thing is either done and dusted and Villa/OGS are letting the dust settle before a final annoucement; or we really do want to speak to two other candidates and this has been massively blown out of all proportion by the fans.

However, the sheer level of excitement and positivity being shown towards a potential OGS appointment is going to mean that any other candidates are going to have to have the ability to make fans NOT say "yeah great, but I wish it was OGS".

Of the "best" candidates originally listed - Rodgers has turned down Liverpool saying he's not ready for it, so what makes him ready for us exactly? Sod him. Lambert - no idea what's going on in the background but he's had one season in the Premiership and now his top goalscorer's put a transfer request in. I reckon they'll collapse next season. Martinez? Spends every season keeping Wigan from going down. Just cannot see at all how on earth he's going to come to a club in turmoil and make us radically different.

I think the Liverpool issue is going to put a spanner in the works - some "bigger name" managers might delay talking to us thinking they're in with a shout at Anfield. Well, sod them too. I'd like a manager who wants to come to us - and OGS duly got on a plane and came and spoke with us. No delays, no "but there's other jobs I might want to do more than yours", no messing by either side. Randy sends his jet, OGS comes over. We NEED to do this deal.

The very fact that Villa fans seem keen on him is a very good thing. It means they'll give him some time, time which Houllier and McLeish never had or were ever going to get from the fans.

That's almost as important as his credentials as a manager, which are promising but unproven.

I'd rather OGS than AVB or Martinez.

This whole thing is either done and dusted and Villa/OGS are letting the dust settle before a final annoucement; or we really do want to speak to two other candidates and this has been massively blown out of all proportion by the fans.

However, the sheer level of excitement and positivity being shown towards a potential OGS appointment is going to mean that any other candidates are going to have to have the ability to make fans NOT say "yeah great, but I wish it was OGS".

Of the "best" candidates originally listed - Rodgers has turned down Liverpool saying he's not ready for it, so what makes him ready for us exactly? Sod him. Lambert - no idea what's going on in the background but he's had one season in the Premiership and now his top goalscorer's put a transfer request in. I reckon they'll collapse next season. Martinez? Spends every season keeping Wigan from going down. Just cannot see at all how on earth he's going to come to a club in turmoil and make us radically different.

I think the Liverpool issue is going to put a spanner in the works - some "bigger name" managers might delay talking to us thinking they're in with a shout at Anfield. Well, sod them too. I'd like a manager who wants to come to us - and OGS duly got on a plane and came and spoke with us. No delays, no "but there's other jobs I might want to do more than yours", no messing by either side. Randy sends his jet, OGS comes over. We NEED to do this deal.

Agreed. I know OGS is somewhat of a United legend as a player but as a manager he could be OUR man.

I've never really got the Rogers hype. As others have said, the foundations were put in place by Martinez.

I wouldn't mind Lambert, but compared to OGS he's a lot less exciting. Martinez would be alright (and I would prefer him to Lambert) but again, OGS is more exciting.

Maybe OGS was originally just one of a few candidates but since fan reaction has been so overwhelmingly positive Randy is now pursuing OGS as our main target?

The very fact that Villa fans seem keen on him is a very good thing. It means they'll give him some time, time which Houllier and McLeish never had or were ever going to get from the fans.

That's almost as important as his credentials as a manager, which are promising but unproven.

I'd rather OGS than AVB or Martinez.

Although I would agree that Houllier didn't have much time (mainly due to the good season we had in 09/10), McLeish definitely got time, more so than Houllier in fact despite the football and results being worse. Of course, the fact that we've had to endure McLeish for a year will mean fans will have more patience with whoever is appointed.

After all the excitement of the last two days I would feel slightly disappointed with anyone but OGS, that includes AVB :o

I know. I feel this way too. I've completely lost all rationality in regards to the next appointment due to OGS. I really really really hope he will be our manager next season. All this hope stems from a 45minute Youtube video too. :lol:

I would think that the general supporter reaction to the OGS news would make Messrs Lerner and Faulkner doubly determined to get their man, particularly after CI gave his blessing :winkold:

I was hoping that the odds might make a decent slip this evening so that I could go again!