No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

It seems a bit unusual for our typically shy owner to park his private jet somewhere that was going to cause such obvious speculation.

Park it somewhere that will cause speculation? YOu mean the airport in the city he sent the jet?

If he's sending his jet to pick OGS up, what's he meant to do? Camouflage it? Buy a stealth bomber? Buy a few more jets and send them to other cities as decoys?

My thinking was more that it would of been easy enough to charter a flight through a Norwegian company and things would all be a bit quieter right now.

I'm glad they're not though as I got in at 33/1. :lol:

Like the private Learjet charter that brought Carew in and took Baros out? :D

I wouldn't be bold enough to say nothing gets passed me, but I try not to miss much.

And any unusual movement is scrutinised, just in case.

I'm going to take up bus spotting tomorrow, just to see if I can get a march on the new Baggies manager :winkold:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is all the Norwegian villans? What is their opinions?

Everybody's busy celebrating our national day, I guess. However, it has been discussed on the norwegian forum. The general opinion seems to be that OGS is not quite ready to manage in the big leagues, that he's still too young and that he needs to work his way through other leagues first.

One thing is for sure, ha has introduces new and, in Norway, rather revolutionary training and managerial rules. Everything is streamlined throughout the organization in Molde FK. rom the top down though every part of the the club.Presumable a heritage from the things he learned at Manure. He brought his coaches from his time at the Manure reserves with him to Molde. I doubt he has the explosive temper of his mentor Ferguson, but according to the players he has no problems managing the dressing room. He is clearly very ambitious, level headed and has a clear vision of what kind of football he wants to play. He won the league last year, for the first time in the clubs 100 year history, and the team played very well the latter part of the season. He might think of bringing a few of his own players with him: Davy Claude Angan and Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

Down want to be a downer but..

Do you really think this unproven amateur manager is going to do anything with our bunch our shiit-house players?

People saying "i hope he doesn't turn us down" are you **** mad? Like Mcleish last season I bet he can't believe he's been given this kind of opportunity! Another nice guy/yes man.

The only person so far ITK on all thing Norwegian football related posted earlier in the thread saying Modle winning their league had been on the cards anyway as the other big teams (Rosenberg etc) were on the slide!

Manure connections - did SAF recommend him too?

Most people who are excited seem to be manure glory hunter types who "loved" him as a player.

Young, hungry and unproven and plays football manager. Great. Maybe I could do the job then? I'd happily do it for 30k per year.

Sorry but this stinks of the cheap option and it's pretty obvious funds for players are going to be very, very limited.

On a side note I hope thetrees has made a killing out of this - what a legend !!

First time Molde ever won the league. Last time they've finished within the top 3 was in 2009. Both Tromsø and Vålerenga were more of contenders then Molde. Rosenborg won the year before and they've 17 times since 1990. Molde were expect to have good season, but saying that it was in the cards that they'd win is in my opinion ridiculous.

Before any of us are quick to write off OGS and talk up Rogers at Swansea, Martinez at Wigan or Lambert at Norwich, consider this -

Alex McLeish took Small Heath to 9th in the Premier League and won the Carling Cup. That's better than any of those three have ever managed. And we all know how that turned out.

Dagbladet.no norwegian newspaper have been told that the plane had another landing in norway before landing at Kristiansund airport, dont know why they made an extra landing though.

The aircraft entered the country at Bergen, where the crew (American citizens) would be required to clear customs and immigration, something that they cannot do at Kristiansund.

Molde were never guaranteed to win the league just like they have never been guaranteed to win it in the last 100 years.. They have come second several times in their history, but never first. OGS arrives and they do it.. Not because other teams were shit but because he changed their playing style and it worked.

I really want to see OGS here - he's obviously another excellent product of the so-called 'Fergie School of Tactics' and that's encouraging. If he is anything like Gary Neville in terms of tactical understanding he gets my vote.

My only slight concern is that he will be another short-term manager. He either does really poorly and is sacked/driven out of the club and seen as 'not ready' for Premier League management (similar to how Paul Ince went), or he is a success here, Fergie retires and he goes to United.

Don't get me wrong, any success is good success, but Villa need stability too!

So how did Molde do in the Champions League as I can't remember them being there or in the qualifiers? How do you pronounce Molde anyway?

I remain concerned but I guess it beats having some ten-a-penny glasgow dinosaur in charge. Just don't expect miracles. He says no crosses? Man U make loads of crosses.

wondering what this page is going to read at 11pm...

Clicky

Just had that page up, hit f5 - and got 404'd =(

Booo! Was hoping for some positive news so I can act all insufferably smug around the office tomorrow (smug in the sense that it won't be anywhere near as boring next season, however it ends! =D)

Edit, looks like they've thrown that link back to this article instead =(