Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Gabby, oh my God.

What are you doing?

The two times he had it down the left hand side of the box sum 95% of his career up. A scuff to the keeper and a miskick with the wrong leg :crylaugh:

Do you think he gives a toss? He's going to retire in three years time a multi-millionaire and you'll never hear of him again. Unless he goes broke through bad investment which he has a chance of doing.

I said last year, if he hadn't got that contract from Lambert, he'd have retired at the end of the one he was on. Who else would give him one? On anything more than 20k a week? No one that's who. He doesn't try for us, why would he try in the Championship for a smaller club?

He does make me laugh more than any other player at Villa, so he gives me something to enjoy when we're losing at least. Be it his face or his ability, he's always good for something.

• Like 1

The epitome of the word loser. He symbolises the past and an attitude the manager seemingly wants to move the club away from. Comfort zone , below average , that's all we should settle for footballer. Made an incredible living from the game far more than his skills merit. Needs removing from the team and the club as soon as possible

Manager seems to like him though like all the others bar Houllier.

I do remember in Sherwood's first press conference before Stoke he said Gabby was "flying in training" so possibly another one like CNZ who is amazing in training and just dosen't produce on a matchday.

My hunch is he's just playing as his replacements like Ayew, Traore etc just aren't fit atm and Sherwood dosen't rate Sinclair a huge amount, bonkers if he's still a regular in even a months time although amusingly we play Sunderland and West Brom in the next month, even Liverpool away, the few remaining games he still plays well in each season.

I still think he has a good role with us from the bench. Really handy plan b weapon.

Just need a starter striker to get some of the pressure off him.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I can't think of many occasions where he would come off the bench and make a difference. Maybe when he was 18/19 really eager and raw...but it has long gone.

He isn't intelligent to come on the pitch, settle in and make a difference in my opinion.

Although its obviously not as good as it once was Gabby still has pace;  This alligned to a great deal of experience would be a godsend to have as an option from the bench.

We are not exactly brimming with attacking options currently, so anything that can change a defenders mindset would be a welcome addition.

He lacks the wit and finishing to be a regular starter but he is not as bad as most are making out atm.

But what does all this experience actually add to his game?  Absolutely nothing, would far far far rather have a 20 something year old kid who has some technical ability and hunger, who wants to make a name for himself.

I'd say in reality Gabby's vast PL and club experience manifests itself by him being at least 5kg overweight, gives him a sense of entitlement knowing that no matter what he does (or doesn't do...), he's guaranteed a spot in squad and in most cases in the first XI, his ​experience means he earns problem 30k a week more than his actual worth in the market.

Please don't use him being experienced as an excuse or reason to keep playing him, just doesn't wash.

At best his pace should be used as an impact sub for 30 / 20 mins to go simply to run a defence and try to unsettle sides.  It's really all he is good for these days, and that a level of expectation I can live with.

Giving him a start and expecting him to score goals each week, sorry we're all going to disappointed as we have been for the last few years now...

And we have plenty of attacking options at the moment, we've just signed two forwards, already have Sinclair, Kozak is back, Gil should be ready soon. 

No one is saying to start him, I think the vast majority know his time as a starter should be over. 

My idea of experience is slightly more than simply hours on a pitch, its the ability to deal with pressure in certain situations, and someone who is used to the pressures of a baying crowd.

I agree with your bolded bit btw

• Like 1

Gabby would be a great "supersub" ..... he can still hit it hard for 15-20 minutes but doesn't have the legs for even 45 minutes anymore.

He was good for 15 minutes yesterday and then ran out of energy.

His downfall, ironically, has always been his loyalty to the club. He's like a pair of old slippers; comfortable, but really should have been discarded ages ago.

Time for sentiment to take a hike.

I still think he has a good role with us from the bench. Really handy plan b weapon.

Just need a starter striker to get some of the pressure off him.

Come off the bench and do what exactly?

We're winning he comes off and run around doing f all

We're drawing comes on and does f all

We're losing he comes on and fs up every chance he gets. Why do people still want him here. It's so vexing

• Like 1

Gabby is basically our Shola Ameobi. A youth team hot prospect who started well, scored lots of goals against against our rivals, a fan favorite but declined rapidly and by the later stages of his career became a comedy figure to opposition fans because of his lack of goals but the club dont know how to get of him. He is stuck here, still plays, never plays well, never scores yet no end is in sight. Gabby will probably play for Nigeria at the 2018 World Cup too.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 3

There was nothing wrong with his header vs Man U. His pace enabled him to get that one on one situation yesterday.

I can't defend that miskick though LOL dear me I hate cliches but he really isn't a natural footballer.

I'd still start him ahead of Ayew but it's rather sad/alarming we are in such a desperate situation at the top end of the field having spent over £50m.

Edited by supernova26

Gabby would be a great "supersub" ..... he can still hit it hard for 15-20 minutes but doesn't have the legs for even 45 minutes anymore.

He was good for 15 minutes yesterday and then ran out of energy.

I agree with this. Use him when teams are tied to stretch the game.

When was he last dropped?

FA Cup final

And look how that turned out. Gabby IN!

Not sure if serious... Do you really think he would've made a difference? We could've had Ronaldo in that team and still get thrashed.

Â