Aston Villa players in Birmingham nightclub brawl

ryanvilla_1994

I now firmly believe lots of the players have undermined McLeish & I have some sympathy for the bloke

Noooooo......don't start having sympathy for McLeish.

He was useless at SHA and useless at Villa long before this shit happened!

Denis is spot on tbh, the key word is "Proffesional" footballer

We don't have many

We have no winners in a footballing sense

Just at the bar and cashpoint

I'm off out in a minute with a olympic bronze medal winning athlete, he drank and partied when he was an athlete.

So Bicks hiow many 'incidents' like this was he involved in?

Quite a few I should imagine, most young people have been. Have you never drunkenly kicked a door?

I'm off out in a minute with a olympic bronze medal winning athlete, he drank and partied when he was an athlete.

Steve Smith....

To be fair high jumpers are a bit different, Javier Sotomayor was into cocaine and Patrik Sjöberg was always out partying. So if you want to choose ‘athletes’ choose another event :D

Anyway more worrying with Smith was the fact that he spent all that time trying to rebuild the Liverpool Overhead... :winkold:

Quite a few I should imagine, most young people have been. Have you never drunkenly kicked a door?

Did he drink five days before the Olympics? Or five days before a major competition? Unless your friend is participating in casting, I doubt it. I do not care if the players go clubbing off-season. I also think you are completely wrong when equalling professional athletes to us "normal" folks. You can function well in your job, I assume, even if you are on the piss now and then. These guys cannot because, in lack of better words, "their body and mind is their work".

Denis is spot on tbh, the key word is "Proffesional" footballer

We don't have many

We have no winners in a footballing sense

Just at the bar and cashpoint

Thats twice you've misspelt professional, I'd kick a door if I were you ;-)

Did he drink five days before the Olympics? Or five days before a major competition? Unless your friend is participating in casting, I doubt it. I do not care if the players go clubbing off-season. I also think you are completely wrong when equalling professional athletes to us "normal" folks. You can function well in your job, I assume, even if you are on the piss now and then. These guys cannot because, in lack of better words, "their body and mind is their work".

Yeah tell that to God, tell that to the lawyer that goes out for a drink or two and wins his case the next day, I myself intend on going out for a few tonight and fully intend doing a great job in work tomorrow, where I will have to be fully concentrated on the job for 8 hours and given its FA Cup final day, I'll be bloody busy, a new problem to solve every 20 seconds or so. It doesn't matter what you do in life, you need to let off steam, different people do it in different ways.

This on the face of the evidence is a storm in a teacup

Yeah tell that to God, tell that to the lawyer that goes out for a drink or two and wins his case the next day, I myself intend on going out for a few tonight and fully intend doing a great job in work tomorrow, where I will have to be fully concentrated on the job for 8 hours and given its FA Cup final day, I'll be bloody busy, a new problem to solve every 20 seconds or so. It doesn't matter what you do in life, you need to let off steam, different people do it in different ways.

Well, in fact I AM a lawyer. Every now and then I take clients out and it gets late. I can tell you that I am much less effective at work the next day than if I had stayed at home. And, you may "intend" to do a good job tomorrow, but if you think you are as good at your job after a late night out as you would be if you stayed home, you are in self denial and just incredibly deluded my friend. Anyway, this is about footballers playing for the Villa, not solicitors or whatever you do.

#

Well, in fact I AM a lawyer. Every now and then I take clients out and it gets late. I can tell you that I am much less effective at work the next day than if I had stayed at home.

good thing the players were off the next day, eh?

No because I would have been sacked!

No because I would have been sacked!

do you regularly get drunk at work or something? :lol:

agreed, i got pissed up at the darts last night. had about 4 hours sleep did a pretty decent days work. when i was a lot younger i got into some arguments. Herds a young lad, its what they do. the only people making them role models are us.

agreed, i got pissed up at the darts last night. had about 4 hours sleep did a pretty decent days work. when i was a lot younger i got into some arguments.

Slightly OT but I went last night too, how good was it, miles better than the tournament at the Civic.

Collins is a disgrace. Herd and Delph are just young and dumb, but Collins should really know better. Total knucklehead. He should be shipped out ASAP.

This whole calamity just shows how little control McLeish has over his players and how little they respect him, and the club as a whole.

The whole team needs an overhaul.

Pathetic and embarrassing situation.

What bannan did earlier this season is a hundred times worse than this and he seemed to get defended a lot for it on her:

Maybe because MoN didn't sign him :winkold:

This isn't that terrible, they've acted like pricks but balotelli is a massive, crazy prick and man city are on the way to winning the league. This in no way excuses any of the shit served up this season.

agreed, i got pissed up at the darts last night. had about 4 hours sleep did a pretty decent days work. when i was a lot younger i got into some arguments. Herds a young lad, its what they do. the only people making them role models are us.

I assume that you are not a professional athlete earning £10k+ per week and taking the hopes of 1,000's of people into a huge game on Sunday! An extra 1% can make all the difference in a professional football game - our lads lose an extra 1%, I can't imagine VdV was out on the piss on Tuesday night.

These lads are massively privileged and they haven't got a scooby.

I do hope you won't be kicking doors in or behaving like a complete wally, Herd-sytyle

And will there be loads of people ready to film you on their smartphiones, post clips of you behaving drunkenly on Youtube and thus bring disrepute on your employers?

And are there loads of young people who look up to you as a role model who you wil be letting down?

I think the analogies people are drawing with their own working situations are a bit flawed.

The term 'role model' is the biggest load of bollocks going.

If kids need to use footballers as 'role models' to influence their life then they are already ****. Chris Herd kicking a door does not suddenly confuse a child over what is right or wrong. They will either do it or not do it placed in a similar situation and Chris Herd will not be at the forefront of their minds or the reasoning/excuse for them doing it.

Bored of this, I'm off to kick a door.

Â